U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2013, 07:34 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,152,461 times

Advertisements

Was there court today or what happened? I kind of don't care but usually some of my fellow posters here have some great one liners. I miss those.

MSR

Old 04-25-2013, 08:44 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,166,763 times
Well, another juror bit the dust. He was removed for yet unspecified reasons (at least I haven't heard what they were). They are now down 3.

Juan had another prosecution witness on the stand, the medical examiner. He basically shot down the defense theory that Jodi shot Travis first because that one shot would have incapacitated Travis in a very short period of time, therefore he would not have been able to attack her as she claims. IMO he was very professional and convincing in his belief that Travis was stabbed and slit first, then shot.

Jodi looked really beat and worried sitting there today. Maybe the reality that she isn't going to get away with murder is finally sinking in. It seems this thing could actually go to the jury pretty soon. I sure hope so because I don't think I can take much more of having to actually watch Nancy Grace for updates.

Again it was hard to watch Travis' family, especially his Sisters, sit there and see graphic pictures of their dead Brother posted up for everyone to see. Those poor people have been through hell and back and I just hope they get the justice they deserve and can put their lives back together somehow. I keep thinking how I would feel if I had to sit there and see all of the gore and hear the terrible mudslinging that has been leveled against Travis. I'm afraid I would be one of those people you see on Disorder in the Court who jump across a railing to attack the murderer.

Don

Old 04-26-2013, 12:21 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,300,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Was there court today or what happened? I kind of don't care but usually some of my fellow posters here have some great one liners. I miss those.

MSR
Juan rested his case ... but on the schedule next week is ... ONE MORE DEFENSE WITNESS (surrebuttal) yes the judge allowed it ... which is probably Dr. Robert Geffner, and he is clearly a colleague of ALV. I guess he is interviewing Arias over the weekend and giving any test. Unless he uses ALV's test. Which I don't doubt. His purpose is to rebut Dr. D's testimony ... what brought it about is the stolen ring which had not been brought into evidence. Juan has to interview him too prior to going into court.

Unless Arias told Dr. D she stole the ring, Dr. D had to see that info on the police videos and records along with the slashed tires and hiding behind the Christmas tree. But Dr D didn't mention the slashed tires just the other two. This surrebuttal is going to try and trash Dr. D's BPD. But I have a feeling Juan will tear him up. In addition it seems the judge is only allowing one day for this fiasco.

Juan's witness today Dr. Kevin Horn, Maricopa County Medical Examiner ... he had already testified on Day 3 of the trial. Arais attempted some tears but only ended up blowing her nose. Eyes not red, no visible tears. This was second day her grandmother attended the trial ... probably advised by DT for sympathy factor. The Alexander family left the trial today in tears after seeing the autopsy pictures of Travis again. Some were new.

At the beginning of this YouTube video the judge gives the schedule for next week. This is right at the beginning of the video before the trial starts ... first minute or two.

Trial starts Wed May 1 arrive at 9am and we are going to stay until we finish (this is probably due to the DT's witness I hope Willmott or Nurmi don't drag it out all day and only allow Juan a short time for cross.)
Final Instructions To the Jury Thursday May 2.
Then Closing Arguments on Thursday and Friday.

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 52 - Part 1 - YouTube

According to the judge's statement she is giving the instructions to the jury before the Closing Arguments! I thought instructions to the jury was the final act of the court before jury leaves for deliberations. This will throw the end of the trial late Friday after closing arguments. So will the jury go home and start Monday or start deliberations Friday.

I realized today ... the DT had NO rebuttal witnesses to Dr. Horn's testimony ... he was on the stand on Day 3 and they never presented a blood spatter expert nor another pathologist to rebut Dr. Horn. That is strange unless they couldn't find anyone to rebut the testimony.

A friend sent me the autopsy photos and I cannot post them here they are so gruesome, they made me ill looking at them. Arais mutilated Travis Alexander. These are the photos Dr. Horn used today. After seeing these pictures, Arias truly deserves the death penalty.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:27 AM

1,817 posts, read 2,758,393 times
Jodi Arias trial: Valley man arrested for DUI tells officer he's on jury; 5 days later he's excused

Old 04-26-2013, 02:02 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,300,737 times
I think this trial could drive anyone to drink! Bless his heart. LOL

Old 04-26-2013, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Juan rested his case ... but on the schedule next week is ... ONE MORE DEFENSE WITNESS (surrebuttal) yes the judge allowed it ... which is probably Dr. Robert Geffner, and he is clearly a colleague of ALV. I guess he is interviewing Arias over the weekend and giving any test. Unless he uses ALV's test. Which I don't doubt. His purpose is to rebut Dr. D's testimony ... what brought it about is the stolen ring which had not been brought into evidence. Juan has to interview him too prior to going into court.

Unless Arias told Dr. D she stole the ring, Dr. D had to see that info on the police videos and records along with the slashed tires and hiding behind the Christmas tree. But Dr D didn't mention the slashed tires just the other two. This surrebuttal is going to try and trash Dr. D's BPD. But I have a feeling Juan will tear him up. In addition it seems the judge is only allowing one day for this fiasco.

Juan's witness today Dr. Kevin Horn, Maricopa County Medical Examiner ... he had already testified on Day 3 of the trial. Arais attempted some tears but only ended up blowing her nose. Eyes not red, no visible tears. This was second day her grandmother attended the trial ... probably advised by DT for sympathy factor. The Alexander family left the trial today in tears after seeing the autopsy pictures of Travis again. Some were new.

At the beginning of this YouTube video the judge gives the schedule for next week. This is right at the beginning of the video before the trial starts ... first minute or two.

Trial starts Wed May 1 arrive at 9am and we are going to stay until we finish (this is probably due to the DT's witness I hope Willmott or Nurmi don't drag it out all day and only allow Juan a short time for cross.)
Final Instructions To the Jury Thursday May 2.
Then Closing Arguments on Thursday and Friday.

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 52 - Part 1 - YouTube

According to the judge's statement she is giving the instructions to the jury before the Closing Arguments! I thought instructions to the jury was the final act of the court before jury leaves for deliberations. This will throw the end of the trial late Friday after closing arguments. So will the jury go home and start Monday or start deliberations Friday.

I realized today ... the DT had NO rebuttal witnesses to Dr. Horn's testimony ... he was on the stand on Day 3 and they never presented a blood spatter expert nor another pathologist to rebut Dr. Horn. That is strange unless they couldn't find anyone to rebut the testimony.

A friend sent me the autopsy photos and I cannot post them here they are so gruesome, they made me ill looking at them. Arais mutilated Travis Alexander. These are the photos Dr. Horn used today. After seeing these pictures, Arias truly deserves the death penalty.
Thanks!

I heard JM had used photos today. They are very difficult to look at, but the point is there isn't just a single wound due to a gun, or just a few slashes made by the knife. Rather, ARIAS did horrible things to T.A. and those pictures will last longer in their memories even than all the "darling" little stories ALV told.

I'm confused who her colleague is that can test. She isn't licensed to test - so it will be interesting to so who climbed aboard this "Crazy Train " and their cost

MSR

Old 04-26-2013, 06:18 AM

WOW! What a burden to bare if one truly is avoiding the media and not talking about the case.

Good info, fruitlassie. Thanks

MSR

Old 04-26-2013, 06:27 AM

17,628 posts, read 11,166,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I think this trial could drive anyone to drink! Bless his heart. LOL
Whew.........I would need a stiff drink or two myself if I had to sit though what all of those jurors have been through. When they warned us TV viewers that they were going to show pictures of Travis' body I had to change channels for a while. I kept thinking of how hard it must be for the jurors to have to sit there and examine those pictures as part of their jury duty responsibilities. I'm surprised only one person has thrown up so far.

Don

Old 04-26-2013, 08:35 AM

3,904 posts, read 6,196,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Whew.........I would need a stiff drink or two myself if I had to sit though what all of those jurors have been through. When they warned us TV viewers that they were going to show pictures of Travis' body I had to change channels for a while. I kept thinking of how hard it must be for the jurors to have to sit there and examine those pictures as part of their jury duty responsibilities. I'm surprised only one person has thrown up so far.

Don
I sure in hell hope the Zimmerman trial does not drag out like this one.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:47 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,017,121 times
I, for one, think it's going to be very interesting reading when some jurors write their books after this trial is done. It may not stop at jurors, maybe family members will write about their struggle.
And, depending on the verdict.....Jodi's book will be released. Heck, she'll probably write a series of books. Of course they'll all be fiction, even the autobiography.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime