U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-28-2013, 01:46 PM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,019,765 times
Reputation: 1466

Advertisements

Joe Pesci? If he were a little younger.... Minus the new jersey accent.....He's got the intensity.


Last edited by trinity1111; 04-28-2013 at 01:57 PM..

 
Old 04-28-2013, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
1,034 posts, read 1,039,978 times
Reputation: 1632
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
I do think only the death penalty is appropriate in this case and I hope that is what happens. Some crimes are so heinous that the DP is really the best option. Some say that only certain mass killings like serial killers or terrorists should receive such punishment but all life is precious and how can one say that if "only" one person is killed, that one lost life is not worth paying the ultimate price. Also, consider that TA is not the only person who should receive justice. His family would have to live the rest of their lives knowing that JA is living comfortably at the state's expense, even if she is convicted of Life Without Parole.

There's a saying in the prison system that a prisoner only serves about a year of "hard time". That is, the 1st year of prison life is the hardest to serve as a person copes with the loss of freedom, adjustment to prison life, etc. Soon afterward, he/she adjusts and then settles into a regular routine, much the same way they did on the outside. They establish a routine, get prison jobs, make friends, take classes, have hobbies and even in many cases, take on lovers, which apparently Arias has already done. In other words, they become institutionalized. People on the outside think prisoners will wallow in dungeons and be miserable forever but that's simply not the case.

For this reason, Jodi Arias should pay the supreme price for her crime. With appeals, she would serve her sentence on Death Row, which is quite different from the mainstream prison population and for many years, she would have time to ponder her pending execution. That would be real and appropriate punishment.
Great post! It just sucks though to think Crazyeyes will florish in prison..I can just see her flitting around giggling and loving all the attention..it's for that reason I want her to get the needle.I want her in a cell 23 hours a day for the rest of her life..No getting out and manipulating her fellow inmate friends. We'd all like to think once we here the 'guilty' verdict they are then wisked off to dungeons like you say and are miserable forever.I sure don't like to think about that.
 
Old 04-28-2013, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
1,034 posts, read 1,039,978 times
Reputation: 1632
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
It's pretty obvious that Travis was very conflicted about his relationship and the sex with Jodi. His religious and his professional lives would have suffered if some of the bedroom antics ever got out. That had to weigh on him, but we men are a little weak that way sometimes. If a naked girl comes in through our doggie door and offers us sex it is a pretty good bet the little devil sitting on our left shoulder is going to get his way. That old saying about the way to a mans heart is through his stomach is a little off geographically.

Don
This! so true!
 
Old 04-28-2013, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Ohio
15,170 posts, read 13,457,227 times
Reputation: 20607
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I am glad that your daughter was helped by this trial and got out of an abusive situation. That being said, I do not believe Jodi was abused by Travis. I think Travis was trying to get rid of her and she went crazy. She is classic Borderline Personality Disorder.

If anything, maybe this trial will be a heads up to men who use crazy chicks for sex. They have hot sex with the crazy chick, but she is not who they introduce to friends or bring home to Mama. Most just fade away. This one was crazier than the others. I believe Travis felt shame from his relationship with Jodi, and wanted it over.
I am not saying Travis deserved to die for what he did......but I have a real hard time feeling sorry for a guy who treats someone like a disposable play toy.

This is why I do have some empathy for Jodi......no one deserves to be used the way he used her. He played with fire and he got burned.....if he was a decent human being in the first place he wouldn't be dead right now.....he is hardly an innocent victim, IMO.

Because of his part in this tragedy, I don't think she deserves the death penalty.
 
Old 04-28-2013, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Cali
3,904 posts, read 6,205,196 times
Reputation: 2224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am not saying Travis deserved to die for what he did......but I have a real hard time feeling sorry for a guy who treats someone like a disposable play toy.

This is why I do have some empathy for Jodi......no one deserves to be used the way he used her. He played with fire and he got burned.....if he was a decent human being in the first place he wouldn't be dead right now.....he is hardly an innocent victim, IMO.

Because of his part in this tragedy, I don't think she deserves the death penalty.
I agree with you there.
 
Old 04-28-2013, 02:52 PM
 
9,917 posts, read 9,314,928 times
Reputation: 8058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am not saying Travis deserved to die for what he did......but I have a real hard time feeling sorry for a guy who treats someone like a disposable play toy.

This is why I do have some empathy for Jodi......no one deserves to be used the way he used her. He played with fire and he got burned.....if he was a decent human being in the first place he wouldn't be dead right now.....he is hardly an innocent victim, IMO.

Because of his part in this tragedy, I don't think she deserves the death penalty.
But then again ... if Arias hadn't kept shaking it in his face we wouldn't be watching the trial today. The majority of men, not saying all men, would not turn down a bj ... that is just the male of the species.

Yes Travis used her and when he tried to break off with her she just continued to pursue him with sex.

She performed whatever sexual perversion he wanted and from the sounds of it she liked it too.

No one deserves to die the way Travis Alexander was slaughtered.

Why didn't she just walk away?
 
Old 04-28-2013, 02:58 PM
 
Location: Ohio
15,170 posts, read 13,457,227 times
Reputation: 20607
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
But then again ... if Arias hadn't kept shaking it in his face we wouldn't be watching the trial today. The majority of men, not saying all men, would not turn down a bj ... that is just the male of the species.

Yes Travis used her and when he tried to break off with her she just continued to pursue him with sex.

She performed whatever sexual perversion he wanted and from the sounds of it she liked it too.

No one deserves to die the way Travis Alexander was slaughtered.

Why didn't she just walk away?
Sorry, I am not willing to make excuses for or give men a pass like that......anymore than I would give them a pass if a 13 year old shook it in their face.

One could also ask, why didn't Travis just date a woman he wasn't ashamed of or serious about in the first place?

If he needed kinky sex, why didn't he just go to a prostitute instead of leading on a woman who thought she had a chance and would naturally get emotionally involved?

Yes, he didn't deserve to die like that, but it took two to make it happen, he is not blameless.

Last edited by Annie53; 04-28-2013 at 03:08 PM..
 
Old 04-28-2013, 04:51 PM
 
13,847 posts, read 14,680,056 times
Reputation: 11545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Sorry, I am not willing to make excuses for or give men a pass like that......anymore than I would give them a pass if a 13 year old shook it in their face.

One could also ask, why didn't Travis just date a woman he wasn't ashamed of or serious about in the first place?

If he needed kinky sex, why didn't he just go to a prostitute instead of leading on a woman who thought she had a chance and would naturally get emotionally involved?

Yes, he didn't deserve to die like that, but it took two to make it happen, he is not blameless.

annie I think the only thing we can blame travis for is being a player, a dog. so many men behave the way travis did as well as women. jodi was used but she was up for it, hoping if she let him have his way with her he would be inclined to be with her. there are countless women who have been in the same situation, used by men and not many of them kill the man. they leave determined not to fall for a man like that in the future or they leave thinking what a jerk the man was but they don't kill him. most women that experience this kind of treatment take it for a good lesson and make sure they learn from it. I think they were on equal sexual ground. jodi may have felt degraded at times but it was a price she was willing to pay
 
Old 04-28-2013, 05:24 PM
 
1,817 posts, read 2,761,505 times
Reputation: 3527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Sorry, I am not willing to make excuses for or give men a pass like that......anymore than I would give them a pass if a 13 year old shook it in their face.

One could also ask, why didn't Travis just date a woman he wasn't ashamed of or serious about in the first place?

If he needed kinky sex, why didn't he just go to a prostitute instead of leading on a woman who thought she had a chance and would naturally get emotionally involved?

Yes, he didn't deserve to die like that, but it took two to make it happen, he is not blameless.
Oh, good grief, he wasn't "leading her on." They only dated for 5 months in 2007. After they broke up, they were friends with benefits which is very common these days, and he was dating other women with her knowledge. She is the one that moved to Arizona after they broke up, stalked him, peeped in his windows and entered his house without permission, slashed his tires and his girlfriend's tires, sent threatening emails to the new girlfriend.

If you listened to the phone call that Jodi recorded (without his knowledge), she talked about how they were both going to go on and marry other people and she was worried that she wouldn't find another "freaky Mormon." Using someone for sex means it isn't reciprocal, and she was 100% into the sex as was he. Plenty of women like it down and dirty just like men. He suggested some kinky scenario and she responded "That is so debasing...I love it!" By this point he had made it very clear to her that they would never be together and she had moved back to California.

Travis had a woman who kept offering him wild sex and he didn't turn her down, but how many men would? He wasn't getting sex from his Mormon girlfriends. I don't think practicing Mormons generally visit prostitutes. But let's suppose he was a real cad, telling her she had a chance with him all along while cheating on her, etc. In NO WAY does that justify anything that was done to him. I've been burned by guys in my life, as most women have, but it never crossed my mind to physically harm any of them. Only a sick and deranged person could justify that in their own mind. She is a looney-tunes stalker...end of story.
 
Old 04-28-2013, 05:31 PM
 
13,847 posts, read 14,680,056 times
Reputation: 11545
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Oh, good grief, he wasn't "leading her on." They only dated for 5 months in 2007. After they broke up, they were friends with benefits which is very common these days, and he was dating other women with her knowledge. She is the one that moved to Arizona after they broke up, stalked him, peeped in his windows and entered his house without permission, slashed his tires and his girlfriend's tires, sent threatening emails to the new girlfriend.

If you listened to the phone call that Jodi recorded (without his knowledge), she talked about how they were both going to go on and marry other people and she was worried that she wouldn't find another "freaky Mormon." Using someone for sex means it isn't reciprocal, and she was 100% into the sex as was he. Plenty of women like it down and dirty just like men. He suggested some kinky scenario and she responded "That is so debasing...I love it!" By this point he had made it very clear to her that they would never be together and she had moved back to California.

I don't think Travis was a player or a cad. He had a woman who kept offering him wild sex and he didn't turn her down, but how many men would? He wasn't getting sex from his Mormon girlfriends. I don't think practicing Mormons generally visit prostitutes. But let's suppose he was a real cad, telling her she had a chance with him all along while cheating on her, etc. In NO WAY does that justify anything that was done to him. I've been burned by guys in my life, as most women have, but it never crossed my mind to physically harm any of them. Only a sick and deranged person could justify that in their own mind.
fruit, I think travis was a player and a cad at least with jodi he was. he used her pretty good without much thought to her feelings, but I do think jodi was sending him mixed messages by continuing to have sex with him. she kept putting herself out there hoping he would change his mind. I think for his part travis was honest enough with her in that he was dating others and was going to take someone else to cancun, he was up front about that. neither of which stopped jodi from her wishful thinking that if she just kept having sex with him he would love her. when she didn't get her way she didn't just walk away she killed him instead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top