Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2013, 07:26 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,160,202 times

Advertisements

I actually think being a decent human being IS what got him killed. If he was really a dog who slept around, he would have had the sexual experience to know that skanky chicks like her are a dime a dozen if you know where to look, and he wouldn't have let the crazy one keep coming back.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:43 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,549,431 times
HNL did a fair job of sanctifying him, but I suppose that's topic for another thread.....

Wonder how this would have gone if time played out till Jodi pressed his buttons too far and it would have been her that ended up in the morgue. There was such a magnetic and destructive attraction, it doesn't appear either side would just walk away.

There was going to be one or both going to jail, or to the hospital, or to the morgue...

Old 04-28-2013, 07:46 PM

That's how this highly toxic relationship played out.

One in the morgue, one in jail possible heading to the morgue too.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:47 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,748,987 times
Jodi was saving all those phone sex tapes for a reason, to hold it over his head. I bet there was more than one conversation where she "hinted" that it would be ugly if his church or job found out what they were up to. Jodi may be nuts but she is also pretty smart. We may not like paying her that compliment, but if you look at how she engineered this crime and how she attempted to cover it up that takes some cunning.

Travis was trying to move on, as evidenced by him wanting to date the Cancun trip girl, but Jodi had the hooks in and wasn't going to be tossed out like that. The throat slitting tells the real story. Bad enough she shot and stabbed him, the throat slitting was the icing on the cake for her........that was her "I'll teach you" moment.

Don

Old 04-28-2013, 07:59 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,160,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post

Wonder how this would have gone if time played out till Jodi pressed his buttons too far and it would have been her that ended up in the morgue. There was such a magnetic and destructive attraction, it doesn't appear either side would just walk away.

There was going to be one or both going to jail, or to the hospital, or to the morgue...

This sounds like fan fiction from JodiAriasIsInnocent.com. He was a normal person (not an angel, not a devil), she was--and still is--a psychopath.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Jodi had a couple other weapons to make sure she stayed in Travis's life besides sex. She owed him thousands of dollars for the car she bought from him and she was firmly entrenched in his social circle due to PPL. She could really make his life miserable and I believe she tried to blackmail him with those recorded calls and messages. I think he certainly knew her true colors by the last few months, but didn't know just how dangerous she really was...especially once she had moved back to California. A check made out to Travis was found in his bedroom - she may have asked to "drop by" to give him a car payment and of course, for sex.

The Lifetime movie will be total trash. I would not buy any book that is released right after the trial, either (some woman named Shanna Hogan is putting one out). If someone down the road writes a well-researched book that isn't overly sensational, I might consider it, though I wonder how much more there is to learn. I wish Juan Martinez would write a book, but he has indicated he is too focused on his career as a prosecutor.

You do have a strong point there, with Jodi owing Travis money. That was just skirted around in the trial.

Owing money and being owed money in personal loans does bond people to one another, whether they like it or not. It certainly would complicate things.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:20 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,936,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
I haven't seen anyone "sanctify" Travis. I'm not sure what you are talking about. Nobody is claiming he was a perfect human being but that doesn't mean he deserved what he got. Nobody deserves to be sliced up and shot to death. What I find really bizarre is the constant attempts by a few people to "de-edify" and trash the crime victim. Being a young horny guy doesn't warrant murder at the hands of a psychopath.
That's the truth ... no one on this forum has sanctified Travis Alexander. But it seems there are people that feel he should have been shot, stabbed multiple times and his throat slashed from ear to ear just because he had kinky sex over and over again with a willing body ... willing to do anything for him ... and she enjoyed it too. The trial has gone on so long Arias has become the victim. If Travis had killed Arias the trial would have been over in a week or two and he would be on death row.

She was not used and abused. When Arias left Yreka she was on a mission ... she was going to Cancun or Travis Alexander wouldn't be going to Cancun ... Travis wasn't going anywhere ever again.

Perhaps I am a 'hard hearted Hannah' but I don't feel any compassion for Arias. All I see when I look at Arias is evil.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:05 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,396,021 times
[quote=don1945;29335284]Jodi was saving all those phone sex tapes for a reason, to hold it over his head. I bet there was more than one conversation where she "hinted" that it would be ugly if his church or job found out what they were up to. Jodi may be nuts but she is also pretty smart. We may not like paying her that compliment, but if you look at how she engineered this crime and how she attempted to cover it up that takes some cunning.

Travis was trying to move on, as evidenced by him wanting to date the Cancun trip girl, but Jodi had the hooks in and wasn't going to be tossed out like that. The throat slitting tells the real story. Bad enough she shot and stabbed him, the throat slitting was the icing on the cake for her........that was her "I'll teach you" moment.

Don

I agree Don.

She was going to make his life hell. There is no evidence he had violent relationships with other women, unLess I've forgotten it. I don't think there is evidence he had sexual relationships with other women.

But, Dr. D. Documented ARIAS past "difficulties" with one or more of her former boyfriends.

MSR

Old 04-28-2013, 09:28 PM

9,972 posts, read 7,657,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
HNL did a fair job of sanctifying him, but I suppose that's topic for another thread.....

I think Travis was ready to move on and could have. Wasn't he going to Cancun with another girl? Jodi stalked him and probably went to see him that night with Travis being totally surprised to see her there.

He should have gotten a restraining order on her.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:27 PM

Absolutely Travis should have gotten a restraining order. Absolutely.

This would have sent a clear, defined message to Jodi, as well as draw a legal boundary for BOTH of them. For Travis, this would have required him to make responsible decisions, instead of arbitrary choices, and not interact with Jodi. Restraining Orders go both ways.

That would be the reasonable thing to do for a man in his position with the Church, Pre Paid Legal, and to protect any women he was involved with, not to mention his household of roommates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime