U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2013, 10:54 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,535,267 times

Advertisements

Just curious but why would Jodi need a restraining order on Travis? I don't see that going both ways.

I think Travis was trying to separate himself from Jodi, but it was Jodi that was stalking him. If Jodi wasn't so stalkish, I bet Travis would be alive today. Sure hindsight, but I don't think Travis ever thought Jodi would murder him.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:09 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,020,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Just curious but why would Jodi need a restraining order on Travis? I don't see that going both ways.

I think Travis was trying to separate himself from Jodi, but it was Jodi that was stalking him. If Jodi wasn't so stalkish, I bet Travis would be alive today. Sure hindsight, but I don't think Travis ever thought Jodi would murder him.

By both ways I mean:

By filing a restraining order on Jodi ,Travis would had legally agreed to not initiate any communication or return any contact with her.

Travis also would have agreed to call police if said she shows up. All phone calls ,texts, emails incoming from Jodi would have been documented by filing a police report.

Filing a restraining order would have required Travis to stop connecting with Jodi on every level.
The police would have advised him to secure his house; change locks, garage codes, and board up the doggy dog. He would have been advised to alert roommates to call police at first sight of Jodi.
The police would have been at minimum, alerted , possibly patrolling the house occasionally.

There is much Travis could have done, he pretty much made the worst possible choice.

It's a good thing that one of Travis's girlfriends or roommates didn't walk in on the scenario, there would have possibly been an innocent bystander, sucked into their drama.

Last edited by trinity1111; 04-28-2013 at 11:24 PM..

Old 04-29-2013, 08:14 AM

17,695 posts, read 11,244,986 times
Today on In Session they are recapping some of the moments from the trial. On thing they showed was Juan Martinez opening statement, and it really breaks down how absurd Jodi's tall tales were and how obvious it is that she planned and carried out this murder.

If his final argument sweeps away all the BS and hones in on the indisputable facts of this case the jury will once again be focused on the facts and will realize the rest of the defense argument is just there to confuse them and put reasonable doubt in their minds. I sure hope this jury is not as stupid as the one in the Anthony case............those people must have an IQ slightly higher than a rock.

Don

Old 04-29-2013, 08:30 AM

Let's hope Juan does a wonderful job with his closing statements. I can't wait.

I agree about the jurors in the Anthony case. It seems like I heard one regretted her decision and wished she had found her guilty.

It's hard for me to understand how any juror, after listening to the trial wouldn't see Jodi's actions as premeditated. There are just too many facts and coincidences. You can't overlook all of them. One or two maybe but there's just too many in this case to overlook or have reasonable doubt.

I've got In Session on now. I missed Juan's opening statement. I'll have to google it and see if I can find it. Wilmot is on now claiming Jodi wasn't stalking Travis or obsessed with him. HA. Sounds like Wilmot only got her info from listening to the liar Jodi.

Maybe she wasn't aware of Jodi climbing thru the doggy door, hacking into his Facebook. stalking his old girlfriends, driving many miles to his house probably unannounced that last night. I guess Wilmot can't use that in her closing statement. lol

Old 04-29-2013, 09:26 AM

3,904 posts, read 6,209,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

Because of his part in this tragedy, I don't think she deserves the death penalty.
I don't think she deserves the DP either. I was originally for LWOP, now I'm for LWP.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:37 AM

1,817 posts, read 2,763,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post

There is much Travis could have done, he pretty much made the worst possible choice.

It's a good thing that one of Travis's girlfriends or roommates didn't walk in on the scenario, there would have possibly been an innocent bystander, sucked into their drama.
"Their drama"? You mean...his murder?

He probably thought his problems were over the day she moved back to California. Remember too that he was still trying to get his money from her for the car he sold her. I don't think most men in particular seek protection orders unless something drastic has happened. He didn't complete a police report for the tire slashing because he was kept on hold when he called...he probably didn't think it was worth going through the hassle of obtaining a protective order for someone living out of state. I'm sure he never could have predicted what happened. Nobody can say for sure he even knew she was going to be in Arizona on June 4.

You mentioned in one of your earlier posts that your daughter had left an abusive relationship. Did she take out a restraining order? Suppose the abuse had escalated into violence...restraining order or not. Would you blame your daughter for not doing enough or would you (rightfully) blame the perpetrator? Do you blame Nicole Brown Simpson for what happened to her?

Old 04-29-2013, 09:50 AM

3,904 posts, read 6,209,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Do you blame Nicole Brown Simpson for what happened to her?
I sure in hell blame Nicole's parents for more or less pimping her to O.J. She wanted to get a away from him.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:

He probably thought his problems were over the day she moved back to California. Remember too that he was still trying to get his money from her for the car he sold her. I don't think most men in particular seek protection orders unless something drastic has happened. He didn't complete a police report for the tire slashing because he was kept on hold when he called...he probably didn't think it was worth going through the hassle of obtaining a protective order for someone living out of state. I'm sure he never could have predicted what happened. Nobody can say for sure he even knew she was going to be in Arizona on June 4.

You mentioned in one of your earlier posts that your daughter had left an abusive relationship. Did she take out a restraining order? Suppose the abuse had escalated into violence...restraining order or not. Would you blame your daughter for not doing enough or would you (rightfully) blame the perpetrator? Do you blame Nicole Brown Simpson for what happened to her?
Great post!

Old 04-29-2013, 10:19 AM

17,695 posts, read 11,244,986 times
Restraining orders are only a piece of paper. If a person is hellbent on causing you harm or getting to you they are not going to be afraid of anything. There have been tons of cases where a person had a restraining order in place and their spouse walked up to them in broad daylight and shot them dead. We had one such case right here where I live.

And no, men do not typically get restraining orders. It is not "manly" to do that in most men's minds.It is like when we hear of a man being domestically abused, we kind of wonder what was up with that.

Don

Old 04-29-2013, 11:34 AM

1,146 posts, read 1,020,968 times
Quote:

I didn't mention my daughter to compare her with Nicole, but yes, she acted like an adult and took the responsible steps.

Of course she filed a police report, went to court to obtained a restraining order, notified work managers, put the whole family on notice of what was going on, moved out of her apartment, had him evicted legally by the court so she could end her lease.
She promptly put in for a job transfer, and because she had told the managers what was happening and not lie to them, was granted one immediately and moved across the pacific ocean to Hawaii to live with her grandparents and begin her position there, a new beginning.

If it resulted in more violence, it wouldn't be about blame, but adults have to be accountable for they're decisions. She sought support and consoling because it's emotionally difficult.

I understand you think Travis was a helpless victim to Jodi's sexual charms and sociopathic rage, but he had choices, and made a series of bad. Choices have consequences.

And, for a new thread to argue about victimhood, we are all registered gun owners. .25 Handguns for road trips, 9mm Glocks and Semi Automatic Shotguns for anyone wanting to break in the homestead. And every adult and young adult in the family goes to the range regularly to practice.

This is a Military Background Family. No victims here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime