U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 08:10 PM

9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Yes, once my daughter (just the one) asked for me for help, We immediately stepped in. The key is she asked for help. She had to get to her bottom, and Alyce testimony clicked, it woke something up for her. I don't know exactly what is was, maybe a combo of psychology and Travis's death pictures that scared her.. Once she asked for help I jumped into immediate action.

In Las Vegas the family court will issue an immediate temporary 10 day restraining order, even if it's not served. Once it served, you go to court within 30 days for the hearing.

What's really interesting,once she got the 10 day restraining order, and filed the eviction, the boyfriend left Las Vegas and went back to his parents in the east coast. His mom called me and told me they had him see a mental and substance abuse counselor for an assessment and he agreed to enter a 30 day residential rehab for abuse of prescription drugs, Xanax. He could stay 3 months if deemed necessary.

Yeah, these kids are fortunate to have family support, but both of them had to hit bottem and ask for it.

Anyway, Hawaii's beautiful! We're all Leaving Las Vegas, We're moving to Maui in mid May !!! yay!!
(this was planned way before the trial, lol)
I am glad both of them are making the changes in their life. I hope rehab helps the guy.

Congrats on the upcoming move!! I love Hawaii.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:23 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,150,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am not saying Travis deserved to die for what he did......but I have a real hard time feeling sorry for a guy who treats someone like a disposable play toy.

This is why I do have some empathy for Jodi......no one deserves to be used the way he used her. He played with fire and he got burned.....if he was a decent human being in the first place he wouldn't be dead right now.....he is hardly an innocent victim, IMO.

Because of his part in this tragedy, I don't think she deserves the death penalty.
Just curious, Annie53,

Do you think ARIAS used T A for anything?
If so, what?

Thanks,

MSR

Old 04-29-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
But then again ... if Arias hadn't kept shaking it in his face we wouldn't be watching the trial today. The majority of men, not saying all men, would not turn down a bj ... that is just the male of the species.

Yes Travis used her and when he tried to break off with her she just continued to pursue him with sex.

She performed whatever sexual perversion he wanted and from the sounds of it she liked it too.

No one deserves to die the way Travis Alexander was slaughtered.

Why didn't she just walk away?
Agree C. W.

Why didn't ARIAS either leave him entirely, stop the sex herself and/ or report him to his leaders in the LDS Church? She had options to get away and not be "used" as a sex toy. But what did she do w earlier boyfriends? The ones who taught her sexual "techniques" SHE introduced to their relationship.

It creeps me out to think of what she attempted to do with Ryan Burns hours after killing a man. Odds are, I was less than 5 miles from where she met Burns. Glad I didn't meet her!

And don't we see a pattern with Ryan that ARIAS used with TA? The calls/texts being coy letting him pursue her when she truly wasn't free ( in her mind, at least). I think many things are similar to how she started with TA.

MSR

Old 04-29-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
When he was ambushed in his shower by a psycho wielding a gun and a knife, yes, he was a helpless victim! Anyone can be a victim. Male, female, military background, restraining order, gun owner...you can take steps to be less vulnerable, but ultimately anyone can be attacked if someone is really intent on harming you. You seem to be creating your own fiction about the relationship between Travis and Jodi which the facts don't support, whatever, but this is the True Crime forum. This wasn't some stormy love affair (despite what her FICTIONAL journals might claim)...she was a booty call who owed him thousands of dollars so he couldn't cut off communication with her completely. She moved to another state. She had never threatened violence toward him before. Very few people in his position would have guessed that their life was in danger.
I do believe Travis was a good person. But he was a typical 30 something year old male and didn't realize the danger and crazy person he was dealing with.

It seems according to the others that dated him there was no kinky sex with any of them. I believe he would have these kinky sex-a-thons with Arias and then his religious beliefs would kick in after the fact and put him on a religious guilt trip. Then along comes Arias again. She was not a good person.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
But then again ... if Arias hadn't kept shaking it in his face we wouldn't be watching the trial today. The majority of men, not saying all men, would not turn down a bj ... that is just the male of the species.

Yes Travis used her and when he tried to break off with her she just continued to pursue him with sex.

She performed whatever sexual perversion he wanted and from the sounds of it she liked it too.

No one deserves to die the way Travis Alexander was slaughtered.

Why didn't she just walk away?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I don't think it is grounds for murder at all. she should have walked away at some point, not kept going back for more. with that being said he too should have walked away at some point.

I do blame religious rules for a lot of the sexual pressures travis must have felt. a 30 year old man having to confess to a bishop for doing something almost every adult in the world does regularly. to feel you have to have sex without really "having sex" is a no win situation.
Well the forum posters had done an excellent job of keeping religion out of this discussion. You're entitled to your opinions. Living in a state about half Mormon, I don't neccesarily agree with you having listened to potentially more discussions about Mormons and everything than you may have.

If a person wants to be an athlete and trains for 100 meters and is good at it I applaud him/her. If someone else wants to train and see if they can run 400 meters in a slightly longer time, I applaud that person too.

My point: most religions teach standards which they encourage members to practice. LDS (Mormons) teach those same standards and more. Who are we to judge if a person decides to practice standards requiring more than some other religions?

That doesn't mean I judge a Baptist, Methodist, Catholic or Mormon for what they have or have not done in their personal lives. I can't think of one church that teaches murder is acceptable.

MSR

Old 04-29-2013, 09:19 PM

3,904 posts, read 6,195,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Good grief. Now the Chechen terrorist brothers are being deemed victims?? What now, was poor
Tamerlan not handed his citizenship and was forced to turn to drug dealing?? Maybe his family getting free welfare benefits crippled his self esteem? ugh

Who knows what mind set Jodi's jury has. Anythings possible.
Yes, and as I said before, I won't be shocked if Arias is aquitted.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
It will make me sick if she is acquitted.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
I sure hope you're not planning on dating her, CamaroGuy .........

MSR

Old 04-29-2013, 09:54 PM

3,904 posts, read 6,195,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I sure hope you're not planning on dating her, CamaroGuy .........

MSR
HELL NO!!! Its unbelievable that she actually has a webpage dedicated to freeing her.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:27 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,758,130 times
There is no way in hell she will be acquitted. No way. She admitted to killing Travis, there is photographic proof of the murder, the only question is whether it premeditated and the evidence absolutely points to premeditation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime