U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 03:37 AM

15,164 posts, read 13,435,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I do believe Travis was a good person. But he was a typical 30 something year old male and didn't realize the danger and crazy person he was dealing with.

It seems according to the others that dated him there was no kinky sex with any of them. I believe he would have these kinky sex-a-thons with Arias and then his religious beliefs would kick in after the fact and put him on a religious guilt trip. Then along comes Arias again. She was not a good person.
Love the way you and others here portray men as helpless slaves to their penises.

Tell me, how many here would want their daughter involved with a man like Travis?

"Sorry I cheated on you honey......it's not my fault.....I am a man.....and she was hot.....and well, what did you expect? It's perfectly normal for a man to lose control..... penis rules."

Really, we shouldn't be so hard on rapists and pedophiles either....they are, after all, just helpless victims of their sex drives. Boys will be boys.

And the women who tempt them? Well....we all know they are all just sluts and whores and deserve whatever they get. Maybe women should wear burqas......so as not to temp poor, weak men who can't help themselves.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:04 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,038,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
I never said Travis wasn't a decent person, I said he made a series of poor choices. I never said he deserved to be killed, I said this was the particular outcome of his choices, horrific as it may be.

I certainly don't believe Jodi, she's clearly a sociopath.Textbook. A danger to society and should be locked up for life. Life without Parole.

But I'm not on the jury.

My guess is the jury has Stockholm syndrome, and she'll get less then 1st degree.

Apparently the Judge has allowed several lessor sentences then 1st degree. This shows she's not confident of a 1st degree conviction. I don't know the details, I thought I heard Manslaughter in there.
I was not talking about any of your posts trinity...I am not sure whether or not you said anything close to that..I was referring to someone elses posts!

Old 04-30-2013, 04:51 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,038,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Love the way you and others here portray men as helpless slaves to their penises.

Tell me, how many here would want their daughter involved with a man like Travis?

"Sorry I cheated on you honey......it's not my fault.....I am a man.....and she was hot.....and well, what did you expect? It's perfectly normal for a man to lose control..... penis rules."

Really, we shouldn't be so hard on rapists and pedophiles either....they are, after all, just helpless victims of their sex drives. Boys will be boys.

And the women who tempt them? Well....we all know they are all just sluts and whores and deserve whatever they get. Maybe women should wear burqas......so as not to temp poor, weak men who can't help themselves.
Wow,well for me I personally don't feel men are slaves to their penis. What Travis did IMO was not right morally but if you think 90% of guys out there would not do the same thing you are kidding yourself. Now that does not make it right either...But Jodi was not some helpless little damsel in distress she had been with a lot of other guys before this too she had more experience than travis we can go back and forth all day about what we deem is right morally or not..but the bottom line is nothing travis did warrented him being slashed open from ear to ear and left to rot in the shower. Frankly I don't even know why we are talking about how many times they screwed and how they did it...where they did it.whatever Jodi planned to go there to kill him she killed and she is a murderer...now the rest of your post im not going to even bother responding to...it's pure rubbish!

Last edited by snowchaser2002; 04-30-2013 at 05:26 AM..

Old 04-30-2013, 07:06 AM

2,437 posts, read 3,520,478 times
Why do they make such a big deal out of talking dirty? Doesn't everyone in a relationship sext and talk dirty with each other? I don't get what's so defiant about that. Jodi and Travis were 2 consenting adults. Whatever crazy they did in their sex lives were private and between them. If either wanted out or didn't want to do anything, then don't do it or talk about it. Sounded to me from listening to the conversations that they were both enjoying it. What's criminal about sharing fantasies....doesn't mean you have to carry them out or even if you do if both are consenting, then who cares?

Is everyone such a prude that they think what you talk about with your mate is a crime, defiant, horrible, etc?

I don't fault Jodi or Travis for talking dirty or taking pics. This is almost common place these days...absolutely no crime.

How can anyone blame Travis and say he was controlling Jodi and manipulating her? I can equally say Jodi was manipulating Travis. It goes both ways. I say give me a break with trying to put any fault on Travis. Again they are two adults and doing something private.

Jodi was just upset she was losing Travis to another women. If she couldn't have him, she didn't want anyone else to. She was addicted to him. Travis is an innocent person in this. That chick Jodi is lying lying lying and premeditated this killing 100%. She just wanted her way with him one last time is why she didn't kill right away. She drove there with a mission she was going to see it through. She knew he was still going to Cancun with another women.

She stole her grandmother's gun, colored her hair, drove a white car, gas cans so as not to have receipts and proof she was in AZ, drove to alibi, etc. If only the jury could see all the interviews with the women Travis dated in the past and see how highly Travis's friends talk about him and say how they tried to warn Travis of Jodi. I doubt anyone was trying to warn Jodi about Travis.

Jodi premeditated this murder.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 04-30-2013 at 07:14 AM..

Old 04-30-2013, 07:15 AM

17,628 posts, read 11,181,563 times
Quote:

Where do I begin to answer your post ????? Ok, first of all, YES, young men ARE sometimes slaves to their penises. If you doubt that statement, go to any college party or hangout and see what the young men are looking for. I was one of them, knew a lot of them, and I can guarantee you we had two things on our mind when partying............alcohol and getting laid,

To answer your question about would we want our daughter involved with a man like Travis, Yes, he is probably a better bet than a lot of young guys his age. He was gainfully employed, had a career started, was respected by all who knew him (including at least two witnesses/ex girlfriends who took the stand) and he was very clean cut........not all covered with tats, no rings in his nose and eyeballs, and good looking. He also knew how to put two sentences together so he evidently was not stupid.

As for the pedophiles and rapists...........apples and oranges, not even worth discussing.

Finally, as for the women who tempt them............again go to any college party, or to any gathering like Spring Break. Daddies little girls are not exactly acting like Daddy would approve of. They are throwing the sex around as much as their horny male counterparts. Been there, seen it. Does that make them whores who deserve whatever they get ? No, but some of their behavior certainly can put them in situations that are not safe (think Natalie Holloway). Not that she was doing anything sexual, but she didn't use good judgement in the men she chose to go for a ride with.

Somehow most of these young men who are hellbent on getting as lucky as they can on weekends turn out to be pretty decent adult husbands and fathers. All of us who are older look back on our "sowing wild oat years" and wonder what the hell we were thinking and regret some of the things we did and the people we hurt in the process. But that doesn't make us monsters, just developing human beings. I am not the same person today I was when I was in my early 20's and I really regret some of the girls I hurt and maybe used along the way. But that comes with age.

Travis was no different than 99% of the 26 year old young guys out there, and probably better than 50% of them. By documented reports he treated all the young women he came in contact with or dated VERY respectfully, lots of them mourned his passing and felt he was a wonderful human being. Jodi was like waving a steak in front of a hungry dog for Travis. As a once young man I can tell you that I probably, no I WOULD HAVE, taken advantage of the opportunities she was giving him to explore sexual fantasies and kinky play. Any young guy who tells you different would be lying to you..............even your Sons.

Don

Old 04-30-2013, 08:23 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,843,645 times
It still seems to me that we are all still arguing whether or not TA deserved to die the way he did. There is no question whether or not Jodi killed him. Under the law, there is nothing he could have done to DESERVE that kind of end and any argument supporting her actions has no merit.

I think it is possible to premeditate a murder AND have the action fueled by emotion so it is not simply a cold blooded crime. I think that killing TA was plan B - and plan A was to try and keep him in a relationship with her. When that visit to him did not end as she wanted it to, her angry/hurt allowed her to move to plan B. The testimony only gives us the background to this event. Who is to say that on her other "surprise" visits, she also had thoughts of doing the same thing? That it took several of visits with him that were hurtful to her to plan this "revenge" on him.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:59 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,063,559 times
I don't think the argument is about TA deserved to die or not. No one here said TA deserved to die. And no one here said JA should be set free. The argument is about whether the death penalty is appropriate for Jodi Arias. The argument also stemmed from fundamental difference in our views regarding abusive relationship, the value of human life and death penalty.

Just judging from this forum, I don't think JA will get death penalty. Well, we will know soon.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 AM

1,817 posts, read 2,759,647 times
Quote:

If I was a Mormon and had a daughter, I would consider him a great catch.

He may have had sex a few times with Jodi while dating Mimi Hall. He may have lied to his girlfriend but he wasn't married to Mimi, and Mimi was chaste. That doesn't make cheating ok, but if you think that the vast majority of young unmarried people (male and female) have been 100% faithful all of the time, you are very naive. Why are people trashing a completely normal, decent human being who made a few mistakes like any other normal human being? He wasn't a criminal. He didn't have kids with multiple "babymamas" or pressure his girlfriends into sex. He has dozens of friends and family going on national tv with nothing bad to say about him - even Jodi herself called him "beautiful inside and out." Why do people want to rationalize what happened to the victim, hold him to an impossible standard or withhold empathy because he gave in to his sex drive with the wrong chick? Hardly any adult in this world is pure as the driven snow, we just usually don't get to hear their phone sex calls played over and over in court.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:24 AM

17,628 posts, read 11,181,563 times
I agree that she probably won't get death. More likely life in prison or 2nd degree. And we can all only hope she isn't found innocent by reason of defending herself, although I think by the juries questions they are on to her lies too much to be that stupid.

In some ways I think life in prison would be worse for Jodi, she has said as much in one interview. Something to the effect that she would prefer death as the prospect of having to be confined for the rest of her life would be horrible for her. I think I personally would prefer to just die rather than spend every minute of the rest of my life locked up like a caged animal.

To follow up on what Fruitlassie said, I sure wouldn't want any of my phone sex tapes played for others to hear !!!!!!

Don

Old 04-30-2013, 10:12 AM

8,440 posts, read 11,160,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Where do I begin to answer your post ????? Ok, first of all, YES, young men ARE sometimes slaves to their penises. If you doubt that statement, go to any college party or hangout and see what the young men are looking for. I was one of them, knew a lot of them, and I can guarantee you we had two things on our mind when partying............alcohol and getting laid,

To answer your question about would we want our daughter involved with a man like Travis, Yes, he is probably a better bet than a lot of young guys his age. He was gainfully employed, had a career started, was respected by all who knew him (including at least two witnesses/ex girlfriends who took the stand) and he was very clean cut........not all covered with tats, no rings in his nose and eyeballs, and good looking. He also knew how to put two sentences together so he evidently was not stupid.

As for the pedophiles and rapists...........apples and oranges, not even worth discussing.

Finally, as for the women who tempt them............again go to any college party, or to any gathering like Spring Break. Daddies little girls are not exactly acting like Daddy would approve of. They are throwing the sex around as much as their horny male counterparts. Been there, seen it. Does that make them whores who deserve whatever they get ? No, but some of their behavior certainly can put them in situations that are not safe (think Natalie Holloway). Not that she was doing anything sexual, but she didn't use good judgement in the men she chose to go for a ride with.

Somehow most of these young men who are hellbent on getting as lucky as they can on weekends turn out to be pretty decent adult husbands and fathers. All of us who are older look back on our "sowing wild oat years" and wonder what the hell we were thinking and regret some of the things we did and the people we hurt in the process. But that doesn't make us monsters, just developing human beings. I am not the same person today I was when I was in my early 20's and I really regret some of the girls I hurt and maybe used along the way. But that comes with age.

Travis was no different than 99% of the 26 year old young guys out there, and probably better than 50% of them. By documented reports he treated all the young women he came in contact with or dated VERY respectfully, lots of them mourned his passing and felt he was a wonderful human being. Jodi was like waving a steak in front of a hungry dog for Travis. As a once young man I can tell you that I probably, no I WOULD HAVE, taken advantage of the opportunities she was giving him to explore sexual fantasies and kinky play. Any young guy who tells you different would be lying to you..............even your Sons.

Don
Excellent post Don.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime