U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 04:05 PM

3,904 posts, read 6,207,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Sorry, I don't buy into the "boys will be boys" attitude.....that they get a pass for bad behavior and women are vilified for the same behavior.

The double standard is alive and well in America.

I wouldn't want my daughter involved with a man who could only manage to be a gentleman with her because he had a "plaything" on the side.

How would you feel if your son became involved with a girl who put on a chaste face with him......but had a lover stashed away out of sight? Would that be OK too?
I do not believe in double standards either.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:20 PM

25,956 posts, read 39,243,509 times
The parents interview with the police is clear how they think about who killed Travis and how they feel their daughter is guilty...they even knew she was stalking him.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:51 PM

17,676 posts, read 11,233,821 times
We may not like it, but there has always been a double standard and it goes back before recorded history, I bet. If a young guy gets a lot of sex it is high five time, but if a young lady does the same thing she is a tramp. I didn't make that rule, it just exists.

And, if you think more than one "nice boy" didn't have the girlfriend he took out on dates and to dances and another "not so nice" girl on the side, you haven't seen what I have seen in my lifetime. It happened when I was young and I would bet good money it hasn't changed a whole lot over the years. Alot of us dated girls from the other side of the tracks when we were in our teens and early 20's.

My opinion may not be PC or popular, but I think it is very accurate.

Don

Old 04-30-2013, 05:20 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,178,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
We may not like it, but there has always been a double standard and it goes back before recorded history, I bet. If a young guy gets a lot of sex it is high five time, but if a young lady does the same thing she is a tramp. I didn't make that rule, it just exists.

And, if you think more than one "nice boy" didn't have the girlfriend he took out on dates and to dances and another "not so nice" girl on the side, you haven't seen what I have seen in my lifetime. It happened when I was young and I would bet good money it hasn't changed a whole lot over the years. Alot of us dated girls from the other side of the tracks when we were in our teens and early 20's.

Don
Don, I agree with you and thank you for being MAN enough to admit that you're not exactly proud of every decision you made when you were younger.

Regardless of what any of us have or have not done with former or current sexual interests, this trial isn't about us. It's about someone who admitted taking another human's life.

MSR

Old 04-30-2013, 07:03 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,318,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Sorry, I don't buy into the "boys will be boys" attitude.....that they get a pass for bad behavior and women are vilified for the same behavior.

The double standard is alive and well in America.

I wouldn't want my daughter involved with a man who could only manage to be a gentleman with her because he had a "plaything" on the side.

How would you feel if your son became involved with a girl who put on a chaste face with him......but had a lover stashed away out of sight? Would that be OK too?

In today's world a young teen can show her boobs on the internet to a boyfriend ... they break up and the boobs go viral at her school and her reputation is shot. As she walks the halls people are giggling and whispering. Every Tom, Dick and Harry wants to date her.

Travis Alexander was not involved with a nice chaste girl with Arias on the side as a plaything. He was dating Arias ... he tried to break it off with her in a nice way ... which she agreed with in a nice way ... but she was lying. She had no intention of letting Travis go. So she calls him and starts the kinky sex talk and yes he joined in the conversation too. Then she stalked him. Where is the double standard here ... Arias was going to have Travis or no one was going to have Travis. Yes she performed every sexual fantasy he probably ever had and she loved it too ... but he soon realized she was a liar and a psycho.

Would you have allowed your daughter at 14 to grow marijuana at your home? Would you have allowed your teenage daughter to quit school? Would you have allowed your teenage daughter to move in with a guy? Would you have allowed your teenage daughter to slap you in the face? Would you have allowed your daughter to kick you?

LOL my son in his teens and college days was a player ... no chaste girls for him ... the girls were players too. He had real friends that happen to be girls, no sex involved.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:11 AM

17,676 posts, read 11,233,821 times
Hopefully, today will be the end of the endless parade of witnesses and tomorrow closing arguments will wrap up. Then the jury will start deliberations right after that. It's about time.

I'm really glad this circus is almost over............at least until the appeals start.

Don

Old 05-01-2013, 10:06 AM

3,904 posts, read 6,207,512 times
Quote:
Hopefully, today will be the end of the endless parade of witnesses and tomorrow closing arguments will wrap up. Then the jury will start deliberations right after that. It's about time.

I'm really glad this circus is almost over............at least until the appeals start.

Don
I hear ya! This trial should have ended sometime in March.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:55 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,014,482 times
Quote:

Don
It is not about the sex. It is about the murder.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:14 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,762,649 times
^^^ It should be all about the murder, but Travis's character has been put on trial because of Jodi's lies and made-up stories. I've never seen anything quite like it.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:21 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,040,766 times
yep fruitlassie I have not seen anything like it either. Jodi is trying to drag him through the mud and even calling him a pedophile is quite disgusting. If it's true what goes around comes around,then Jodi is in for some tough times ahead and I predict the tough times will start next week when she is convicted of murder1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime