U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-20-2013, 01:05 PM
 
Location: The #1 sunshine state, Arizona.
12,172 posts, read 15,465,369 times
Reputation: 64033

Advertisements

I through her pain stakingly detailed testimony only find that she can't remember stabbing him 27 times? I can't stand her lawyer's voice. Well let me ask you this...ugh.

 
Old 02-20-2013, 01:15 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
12,764 posts, read 7,833,354 times
Reputation: 13083
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I through her pain stakingly detailed testimony only find that she can't remember stabbing him 27 times? I can't stand her lawyer's voice. Well let me ask you this...ugh.
Darn! I wish I could have taken a sick day from work!
She's testifying that she can't remember killing him?!

And, yes, her lawyer bugs the you-know-what out of me, especially his 'okay'(s).
 
Old 02-20-2013, 02:49 PM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,018,895 times
Reputation: 1466
Geez, Jodi gets the Rotten Tomato Award for Worst Actress!!


But from the Defense's point of view, at least she can't get cross examined on details of the stabbing by the Prosecution.
 
Old 02-20-2013, 06:23 PM
 
Location: Midwest
31,376 posts, read 19,647,599 times
Reputation: 7877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You do realize that is her third version of events right? Starting with she wasn't there and then "mystery assailants" and she tried to destroy the camera and other physical evidence at the scene?

What physical evidence supports your theory?

Because as of right now all you have is a speculative theory blaming the deceased....which is pretty vile.
The deceased was no Mormon saint! He wore the magic underwear while suggesting that he tie Jodi to a tree and give it to her in the butt! Often in a domestic abuse, there is no physical evidence because a woman often feels embarrassed and ashamed. Think about the case of the minister's wife who shot and killed him and then fled with her children. She is now free.

Quote:
The woman convicted of manslaughter in the shotgun slaying of her minister husband was freed Tuesday after serving 67 days in custody.
Quote:
She was charged with first-degree murder, but jurors convicted her of the lesser charge after she testified that her husband abused her and demanded sex she considered unnatural.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/20266733/#.USV3sR1fE5c

Last edited by jojajn; 02-20-2013 at 07:05 PM..
 
Old 02-20-2013, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Midwest
31,376 posts, read 19,647,599 times
Reputation: 7877
What is the deal with Travis' roomates? They come and go with their girlfriends all the while Travis is dead in another room. One would think that Travis' car in the garage, the unattended dog, and the smell would be a clue for them.
 
Old 02-21-2013, 05:39 AM
 
52,015 posts, read 41,851,918 times
Reputation: 32454
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The deceased was no Mormon saint! He wore the magic underwear while suggesting that he tie Jodi to a tree and give it to her in the butt! Often in a domestic abuse, there is no physical evidence because a woman often feels embarrassed and ashamed. Think about the case of the minister's wife who shot and killed him and then fled with her children. She is now free.

Minister
So is your point that he had it coming to him because he was mormon or because he liked to get naughty?
Or is it because a minister somewhere beat up his wife?

Was he asking for it because of how he was dressed maybe?

I see a mountain of projection going on here. Seriously, wow, the ministers wife case means Jodi Arias is innocent? That's a stunning new legal defense. Well I guess they have to find Oscar Praetorius innocent because of the OJ verdict.

I can only imagine some guy stabbing his gf to death 27 times then claiming he wasn't there, then claiming some other guys did it....and when caught in both lies by physical evidence claiming she had been abusing him all along but he can't remember killing her or destroying the physical evidence at the scene. You'd be up front with the rope and the pitchfork.
 
Old 02-21-2013, 07:20 AM
 
Location: Miami
195 posts, read 296,734 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
This is so similar to the Casey Anthony case. Pretty young girl who altered her appearance and who appears to be so innocent. Now the allegations of child-abuse (boo hoo).
I just hope that this one will not end in the same way.
So similar? What are you smoking? Casey planned the whole thing, after her trial they found searches on her computer on how to sophocate a child.

How can you compare an innocent baby to an adult who engaged in risky behavior?

The victim here treated Jodi like a piece of meat and when you dehuminize another person, hate is a common consequence. Stabbing someone so many times is clearly a crime of passion. If she had planned this murder she would have made it look like a home invasion gone bad

I don't feel sorry for the victim at all, when you engage in risky behavior associate yourself with nuts like Jodi and on top of that treat them like garbage, you are playing with fire.
 
Old 02-21-2013, 09:57 AM
 
Location: The #1 sunshine state, Arizona.
12,172 posts, read 15,465,369 times
Reputation: 64033
Cross examination starting in a half hour. I've waited so long for this day!!!!
 
Old 02-21-2013, 10:16 AM
 
52,015 posts, read 41,851,918 times
Reputation: 32454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold on to the Nights View Post
I don't feel sorry for the victim at all, when you engage in risky behavior associate yourself with nuts like Jodi and on top of that treat them like garbage, you are playing with fire.
Right, like girls that drink at frat parties.

Girls Who Get Drunk at Frat Parties are Responsible For Date Rape! - CafeMom
 
Old 02-21-2013, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Miami
195 posts, read 296,734 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

If you put yourself in risky situations, you might end up hurt or dead. Just do the math, MathGuy. Do I feel sorry for drunk rape victims? yes, because they were not hurting other people in the process of their own stupidity or naiveness. However if I or other people feel sorry for them that doesn't change the fact that they were raped. My compassion is not gonna take away their physical injuries and emotional scars. The victim of this crime was treating Jodi like a piece of garbage, so no I don't feel sorry for him or any other human being who treats others like subhumans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top