U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2013, 05:36 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,163,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I don't see a death penalty here. Life in prison. Arias will be a queen. She is manipulative enough to make prison work for her.

But, what do I know....I think Casey Anthony should be on death row now. Still shaking my head over that...
As I suspect you know, Jasper12, there's an odd thing about criminals. They tend to break laws again without intervention and a course correction. No one can change what happened at C. Anthony's trial, although I do think this jury is aware they will be compared to Anthony's jury. If nothing else, I don't think they want to be seen as those in FL were.

Maybe Chaney Mason is driving Anthony around for more of a purpose than we really know. I think Anthony will continue to create her own problems and one day will be behind bars again. JMHO.

It's eerie the overlap in dates between these two trials, when Anthony and ARIAS have bdays, things that happened on the exact day to both of them and their respective victims and cases.

MSR

Old 05-04-2013, 06:07 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,231,496 times
Quote:
But, what do I know....I think Casey Anthony should be on death row now. Still shaking my head over that...
same here

Old 05-04-2013, 07:01 PM

5,177 posts, read 8,701,447 times
Smile also - I was stunned

Me too.

Could not believe it.

That poor darling little girl.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:12 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,194,230 times
If my jaw ever dropped it was when they read the innocent verdict in the Anthony trial. I was absolutely in shock and still can't understand how they assembled 12 dummies all on one jury. Makes me really proud to live in Florida.

I believe what goes around comes around, and Casey will pay for her sins at some point. Maybe being in seclusion (if she is) is not the Bella Life she was looking for. Look at OJ, that dumba** got away with murder........two murders. Yet he was so stupid he couldn't stay straight and is now doing time for that memorabilia mess. Karma will get you every time, even if it takes a while.

Don

Old 05-04-2013, 09:00 PM

16,042 posts, read 18,988,950 times
Quote:
I don't see a death penalty here. Life in prison. Arias will be a queen. She is manipulative enough to make prison work for her.

Unfortunately I have to agree. She will write a book in prison, a big publisher will pick it up, and a movie will be made. The directors will consult with her and she will be seen in prison in her consulting role doing the makeup routine and smiling at reporters. She will keep doing her singing thing. She will, as you say, make it all about her.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:03 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,760,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Good post fruitlassis.

I don't know AZ law so I'm uncertain if using 3 methods to murder TA would count?

It doesn't matter which she did first, second or third- ARIAS admitted to killing him. Would a bullet to the frontal lobe area of the brain (head), stabbing him 29 times and/or slashing his neck from ear to ear down to the level of his spine be enough for aggravating circumstances?

Will the jury have to factor she admitted killing vs. denying it with her DNA and other evidence proving she murdered him? Or is that more likely to be seen as " lawyering" getting her to admit she did thinking they could get a plea?

What about the 4 women on Death's Row in AZ., one of which Juan Martinez prosecuted. Theoretically, who is in more danger- the 4 there from ARIAS or ARIAS from them?

Watching convicted felons interact with each can be very enlightening. Regardless of what the jailmates think of her and her singing..... Prison is entirely different. If anyone has ever visited someone in Prison or gone to formal hearings etc. at least for me, I counted how many doors locked after me. I couldn't get out of that hearing fast enough. It may be a little "friendlier" where families and friends meet. This hearing was held in a place I hope never to see again.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

MSR
If anyone wants to take a gander at the sentencing guidelines you can find them here. It's not necessary to read through all of the aggravating / mitigating examples in detail, but they are listed on the left side of the page. I don't know if admission of the killing would be considered "Cooperation" when it took her how long to admit that it was her (and only when backed into a corner)? I don't think any of the other mitigating circumstances will apply. Maybe her family will plead for leniency, but then again, maybe they won't!

There are only 2 other women on AZ Death Row right now. One is Wendi Andriano, who was prosecuted by Juan...she poisoned, beat and stabbed her husband to death. The other one is a woman who was part of some anti-illegal immigrant vigilante group who killed a woman and a child, I believe. I think they are only allowed out of their cells for exercise 2 or 3 times a week...probably one at a time. I don't know too much about their lifestyle, and hope I never have to see it firsthand.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:06 PM

9,914 posts, read 9,308,889 times
Quote:

That verdict really made me sick. I hope this jury is smarter than the Pinellas 12. I think the jury foreman in the Anthony trial had a great deal to do with that verdict. The people that voted guilty gave in to him. I lost my faith in juries that day.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
If anyone wants to take a gander at the sentencing guidelines you can find them here. It's not necessary to read through all of the aggravating / mitigating examples in detail, but they are listed on the left side of the page. I don't know if admission of the killing would be considered "Cooperation" when it took her how long to admit that it was her (and only when backed into a corner)? I don't think any of the other mitigating circumstances will apply. Maybe her family will plead for leniency, but then again, maybe they won't!

There are only 2 other women on AZ Death Row right now. One is Wendi Andriano, who was prosecuted by Juan...she poisoned, beat and stabbed her husband to death. The other one is a woman who was part of some anti-illegal immigrant vigilante group who killed a woman and a child, I believe. I think they are only allowed out of their cells for exercise 2 or 3 times a week...probably one at a time. I don't know too much about their lifestyle, and hope I never have to see it firsthand.
Thanks for the info.

I'll have to research where I read it was 4 women on Death's row there. Maybe there is another pending and if the other plus ARIAS were added it would make 4. It doesn't really matter, except if I had relative on Death's Row seeing what I have of ARIAS, I'd warn my relative.

That being said, I don't know how chummy the females on death row are....

The one thing I am positive you are 1000% correct about is they only let them out one at a time for anything. That's when the others in their cells see them.

I'm with you, I don't have any desire to have a first hand look or more detailed knowledge of what Death Row looks like or is like. What I've seen in prison with my own eyes was bad enough.

Part of me thinks certain at risk youth groups should be taken to a prison, have to leave all personal belongings behind, get patted down numerous times etc. then get to walk with the prisoners in the common hallways.

Some make the most of their time in prison and truly do turn their lives around; however, many do not. I think a lot of us hope some of this senseless violence we see would decrease if teens and young adults realized the "show" doesn't get cleaned up and end in 60 minutes. LWOP or the DP isn't "real" to so many of certain age groups.

The site I was reading last night had a very brave poster. She admitted her brother was in the AZ state prison (and I just realized I don't even know where it is, which is fine). Her point was this, they do try to rehabilitate those who want to change and make something of their lives. Some people will say prison was the best thing that happened to them.

The poster was saying how AZ Corrections even has a "family photo room" with the famous backdrops so prisoners and their families can send out "normal" looking pics, like on Christmas cards. SHE thought that was too much, despite the fact her brother is in prison and doing well.

Wonder if ARIAS takes this as seriously tonight as some of us do?

MSR

Old 05-04-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
That verdict really made me sick. I hope this jury is smarter than the Pinellas 12. I think the jury foreman in the Anthony trial had a great deal to do with that verdict. The people that voted guilty gave in to him. I lost my faith in juries that day.
I think a lot of us did, which is part of why so much of the U.S. and others are watching......

Sadly, the jurors will never get to see all the evidence we have. I don't know how that would feel to perhaps vote for a lesser sentence and then see more info when they leave.

I'm saying this in all sincerely, maybe we should pray for the jurors that they will have the stamina to review the evidence and FACTS, discard the myths and know what is the right answer for ARIAS. I realize Jasper will probably remove this post too, but I'm just saying there may be ways we can help.

Those who don't pray - I have a very close friend in PHX who has ZERO to do with praying, but is a firm believer that the thoughts of support etc. reach the ones they are intended for. Ultimately, it's up to each of us.

I just hope they can be strong.

MSR

Old 05-04-2013, 11:31 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,038,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post

Me too... I had a feeling something like that was going to happen though..even though everyone on earth was saying "No way! she will get the DP"! Something told me something screwy was going to happen with the verdict. And the day I got that feeling was in the very beginning in the Jury selection when a prospective juror said that she could not ever judge anyone according to her faith..well DUH..the prosecution tried to strike her but the slimy Beaz said that since this women was a minority it would be "wrong" to strike her...or something to that effect. so the Judge who everyone praised as FAIR agreed and put this lady who said she would not be able to judge anyone because of religious resaons was put on the jury to judge someone!!! I knew then something weird was going to happen..If God forbid I ever end up on trial I will not ever want to have '12peers' judging me..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime