U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 07:35 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,304,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I saw an estimate yesterday that the bill was at $1.6 million now, but have no way to verify or guess what the costs are while a jury deliberates.

Does anyone know if the judge has to essentially limit her work to office work or very brief hearings so she can be available to answer questions from the jurors, as she described the process last week, and be available for when the jury arrives at their decision?

Thanks!

MSR
Before the Arias trial started each morning Judge Stephens was hearing cases. I read a Twitter one day from a reporter at the court that the judge had completed two cases that particular morning and then had the Arias case.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:10 PM

16,042 posts, read 18,975,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
From a man's perspective I don't think she is hot either, nor was Casey Anthony. Pretty maybe, or cute, but certainly not gorgeous like some of the talking heads are saying. There are plenty of girls and women I would put in the really gorgeous category, but certainly not these two.

Don
Both dressed way down in nice girl clothes (ironed blouses) with nice girl hair with very little makeup to make themselves look plain during their trials. With faces like theirs (good shape to face and even features), their facial makeup in their pre-crime days along with dyed hair and their sexy clothing, no doubt made them look hot to many men.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:28 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,038,069 times
Just getting in and turned on the tv to HLN..I have renewed my vow to avoid this channel at all costs after this verdict. I just have had it on 5 minutes and 2 talking heads are already "shocked" at no verdict yet..I had to rewind it to see how long they have actually been deliberating..all of 7 hours. this channel really is trash man..Anyhow I always look for verdicts after the 10 hour mark..it means nothing now that there is no verdict. Scott petterson's jury took days IIRC. Maybe even 2 weeks. it takes a while just to read through all the evidence. These guys are idoits!

Old 05-06-2013, 08:39 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,177,890 times
I'm kinda burned out on HLN making a career out of this trial too. I never had any respect for Nancy Grace, but did think Jane Valez Mitchell was ok, as well as the Vinnie Politan. Now they have become just as hungry and over the top as NG. At least Beth and Jean seem to have kept their professionalism.

If I recall, didn't In Session cover these trials on Tru TV, but now it seems HLN, their sister station, has taken over on a lot of it. I guess Tru TV is more interested in stupid shows like Impractical Jokers, Operation Repo, and Hard Core Pawn than informative programing.

TV in general is such a wasteland these days.............200 channels and it's hard to find one program worth watching.

Don

Old 05-06-2013, 09:04 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,017,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I'm kinda burned out on HLN making a career out of this trial too. I never had any respect for Nancy Grace, but did think Jane Valez Mitchell was ok, as well as the Vinnie Politan. Now they have become just as hungry and over the top as NG. At least Beth and Jean seem to have kept their professionalism.

If I recall, didn't In Session cover these trials on Tru TV, but now it seems HLN, their sister station, has taken over on a lot of it. I guess Tru TV is more interested in stupid shows like Impractical Jokers, Operation Repo, and Hard Core Pawn than informative programing.

TV in general is such a wasteland these days.............200 channels and it's hard to find one program worth watching.

Don
Would you expect more from a man(Ted Turner) who was once married to Jane Fonda? lol

Old 05-06-2013, 09:05 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,759,127 times
I haven't had cable in years. I get all of my information and video from this little thing called the Internet. I also have a text alert set up for my phone in case the verdict comes in when I'm out.

There may be some jurors who were chomping at the bit, and some that are more pedantic and want to go through everything with a fine-toothed comb before they feel secure enough to vote. It's a tremendous responsibility that they have. I'm not worried that they didn't finish today...I want them to take enough time to get it right.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:32 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,304,041 times
On March 10, 2011 even Mother Arias sent a letter to Judge Duncan begging the judge not to let Nurmi withdraw from the case. They loved that man! Goodness if Nurmi wins this case .... or ... will they blame Nurmi when they lose!

http://twitdoc.com/upload/zou2/ja-le...o-withdraw.pdf

Old 05-06-2013, 10:39 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,156,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
I haven't had cable in years. I get all of my information and video from this little thing called the Internet. I also have a text alert set up for my phone in case the verdict comes in when I'm out.

There may be some jurors who were chomping at the bit, and some that are more pedantic and want to go through everything with a fine-toothed comb before they feel secure enough to vote. It's a tremendous responsibility that they have. I'm not worried that they didn't finish today...I want them to take enough time to get it right.
Oh I feel good there is no verdict yet. One or more people take this seriously

MSR

Old 05-06-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
On March 10, 2011 even Mother Arias sent a letter to Judge Duncan begging the judge not to let Nurmi withdraw from the case. They loved that man! Goodness if Nurmi wins this case .... or ... will they blame Nurmi when they lose!

http://twitdoc.com/upload/zou2/ja-le...o-withdraw.pdf
OM goodness,

Unbelievable letter. Where does this mom get off first addressing the attorneys by their first names? While I think Squirmy is Squirmy, I still him credit for getting through law school. I doubt he asked Sandy Arias to address him or other attorneys by their first names.

And her "argument" to the judge that ARIAS doesn't deserve to be tried for the death penalty. WOW!

Had to laugh about how much she has helped other inmates with her singing and drawings, let alone teaching them to read and write. Her altruistic side, eh? I think not, I think she was lining up her future alias.

I wonder if the mother knew when she wrote this that "Kirk" would state how abusive their family was?

I guess I was just taught more respect for judges, attorneys and courtrooms. A tad of insight to ARIAS with this letter, IMHO.

MSR

Old 05-06-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
would you expect more from a man(ted turner) who was once married to jane fonda? Lol
rofl...

msr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime