U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2013, 12:25 AM

1,817 posts, read 2,525,252 times

Advertisements

I am trying to imagine the conversation where an adult daughter asks Mom to write a letter to the court to force a particular attorney to stay on your death penalty case and beg the judge to "save her daughter"...and Mom agrees to it! They certainly make my family seem less dysfunctional...

I'm thinking JA liked Nurmi because he let her run with the pedophile story (that's one of his areas of specialty, after all)...the other attorneys might have tried to talk her out of it, hence the "communication" issues.

She sings, draws and writes poetry...this is clearly a Renaissance woman whose life should be spared! Is it too late to cancel the deliberations?

Old 05-07-2013, 02:52 AM

8,440 posts, read 9,949,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
I listened to the whole show...Chris is a good speaker with a lot to say that he couldn't get out in those HLN shows with everyone talking over each other. A couple things that stood out for me: When they went through all Travis's emails, one from Jodi around the time of May 26 said words to the effect of "I'll talk to my lawyer tomorrow." Seems to point in the direction of her telling him about the sex tape, maybe threatening him, and possibly he threatened to sue her. I also was surprised, or maybe not, that Nurmi contacted Sky Hughes at one point and lied to her, telling her that he had letters from Travis confessing to being a pedo and that he had had those letters 100% authenticated. Chris and Sky contacted a friend that works in CSI who told them there was no way to 100% authenticate such letters.

Jodi was a manipulator, stalker and liar long before the murder...and she will never change.
Quote:
I am trying to imagine the conversation where an adult daughter asks Mom to write a letter to the court to force a particular attorney to stay on your death penalty case and beg the judge to "save her daughter"...and Mom agrees to it! They certainly make my family seem less dysfunctional...

I'm thinking JA liked Nurmi because he let her run with the pedophile story (that's one of his areas of specialty, after all)...the other attorneys might have tried to talk her out of it, hence the "communication" issues.

She sings, draws and writes poetry...this is clearly a Renaissance woman whose life should be spared! Is it too late to cancel the deliberations?
Great post, fruitlassis. Interesting thoughts. Sandy Arias' letter surprised me.

I don't mean this to be seen as a negative comment, rather an observation.
We know the ARIAS singing and reportedly doing other more intimate things behind bars, dropped out of high school. To her credit, she has gotten her GED with AZ residents paying for her education.

Do we know if Sandy Arias completed high school? Some of what she wrote makes me wonder.

The key to remember about Squirmy Nurmi, is ARIAS had a male attorney who knew she killed TA, but he still liked her 10% of the time . That probably made ARIAS thrilled!
At least Squirmy could tolerate her one day every two weeks
I wonder if that was payday?

MSR

Old 05-07-2013, 06:04 AM

23,258 posts, read 34,360,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
On March 10, 2011 even Mother Arias sent a letter to Judge Duncan begging the judge not to let Nurmi withdraw from the case. They loved that man! Goodness if Nurmi wins this case .... or ... will they blame Nurmi when they lose!

http://twitdoc.com/upload/zou2/ja-le...o-withdraw.pdf
I couldn't rep. Point you but thanks for posting this. What is family! This mom is guilty of raising a dysfunctional daughter and Jodi is responsible for her own action.

Te letter almost makes me vomit...where is there any feeling for Travis and his grandmother and siblings, friends, etc.
The sooner the death penalty will be given the sooner we will get rid of this Arias family and their crazy things.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:05 AM

11,379 posts, read 7,235,487 times
We should get a poll going to see when we predict the jury will announce their verdict. I am hoping for today, but my gut tells me it will be tomorrow. Just so much evidence and such a lengthy trial it will take them a while to go through it all.

What do you guys think ?

Don

Old 05-07-2013, 10:21 AM

1,817 posts, read 2,525,252 times
Ok, I don't follow this individual (as JM calls her) on Twitter, but saw these posted elsewhere and they are really something. It's not HER fault this trial had to happen, it's the fault of the State and the Alexanders! Jodi and ALV aren't the ones making a mockery of DV...it's Nancy Grace!

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 11h
N. DisGrace has set back the cause of all women who have survived domestic violence. Her circus makes a mockery of something very serious.
Expand
Re: commissary,many of the items I didn't receive were for indigent girls less fortunate than me. I,thankfully,have a mini surplus of food.
Expand
I wanted so much to avoid trial but the State forced it. My only other option was suicide and,well...
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
I would have signed a plea years ago to avoid this disaster, but I was refused a plea as the State and the family refused to settle.

There's more, but you get the idea. She called Juan a liar a few days ago (ahem...pot calling the kettle black), and she asked for a group prayer on Sunday (same day there were candlelight vigils for Travis here in & CA). Is this all "mirroring"? She has to be one of the most vindictive, narcissistic sociopaths I've seen.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:49 AM

1,061 posts, read 841,118 times
BLESSED are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Matthew 5:9.

I hope and pray for resolution for ALL who are affected from the killing, and the trial. amen.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:18 PM

9,827 posts, read 8,421,392 times
Quote:
Ok, I don't follow this individual (as JM calls her) on Twitter, but saw these posted elsewhere and they are really something. It's not HER fault this trial had to happen, it's the fault of the State and the Alexanders! Jodi and ALV aren't the ones making a mockery of DV...it's Nancy Grace!

N. DisGrace has set back the cause of all women who have survived domestic violence. Her circus makes a mockery of something very serious.
Expand
Re: commissary,many of the items I didn't receive were for indigent girls less fortunate than me. I,thankfully,have a mini surplus of food.
Expand
I wanted so much to avoid trial but the State forced it. My only other option was suicide and,well...
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
I would have signed a plea years ago to avoid this disaster, but I was refused a plea as the State and the family refused to settle.

There's more, but you get the idea. She called Juan a liar a few days ago (ahem...pot calling the kettle black), and she asked for a group prayer on Sunday (same day there were candlelight vigils for Travis here in & CA). Is this all "mirroring"? She has to be one of the most vindictive, narcissistic sociopaths I've seen.
I don't follow Arias either but I do check out Donovan's post to the Arias account ... of course Arias is telling he/she what to post.

Did you read this one:

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 5 May
Group prayer in a little while, 6PM PST. Go to "Jodi Arias Friends and Family" Facebook group for details. Thx 4 your prayers and God bless.

This is sick, there was a candlelight prayer service at 6 PM in California held for Travis Alexander by his friends ... this evil person posting for the evil Arias posted a group prayer for Jodi Arias Friends and Family at the exact day and time as Travis Alexander's service.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:04 PM

9,827 posts, read 8,421,392 times
Chris Hughes, friend of Travis Alexander is waiting outside the courthouse ... he took this picture today ....

Old 05-07-2013, 03:50 PM

11,379 posts, read 7,235,487 times
They said two jurors left today accompanied by Marshals. Wonder what's up, if anything, with that ??

Maybe a fist fight in the jury room.

Don

Old 05-07-2013, 03:53 PM

8,440 posts, read 9,949,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I don't follow Arias either but I do check out Donovan's post to the Arias account ... of course Arias is telling he/she what to post.

Did you read this one:

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 5 May
Group prayer in a little while, 6PM PST. Go to "Jodi Arias Friends and Family" Facebook group for details. Thx 4 your prayers and God bless.

This is sick, there was a candlelight prayer service at 6 PM in California held for Travis Alexander by his friends ... this evil person posting for the evil Arias posted a group prayer for Jodi Arias Friends and Family at the exact day and time as Travis Alexander's service.
She's disgusting and doesn't care what other people she hurts with her words/actions. I guess I'm not as shocked as I probably would have been in Dec. 2012. We've seen ARIAS on the stand lying to the jury and everyone else. We've heard the Hughes' report of how evil she was that they feared for their children's safety etc. Trying to upstage a candlelight prayer service for Travis and the Alexander family, by requesting her own, just proves more about the ONLY person who matters to ARIAS.

On appeal, I'd use this as evidence of her inability to empathize with humans and be focused only on her own wants/needs. I'd use it because if she truly did react with a crime of passion, then ARIAS should ask others to join HER in remembering Travis, the love of her life. We never hear that from her.

Thanks CW for such useful info as always

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime