U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 08:00 AM

25,881 posts, read 39,166,424 times

Advertisements

Maybe Jodi can start dating Scott Petterson since they have so much in common.

Both liars, sociopaths, etc. and both are good matches and probably will have to sleep with their eyes open to see who wants to kill who first

I don't understand that anybody wants to date a person like Jodi who admitted to kill him and even if we believe the self defense part with only the victim having signs that a self defense person should have, then it is stunning that any reasonable person even want to consider it unless they have death wishes or wishes to become famous!

Old 05-08-2013, 08:16 AM

4,756 posts, read 6,534,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
The longer the jury is out usually they're arguing either 1st degree or 2nd degree murder. If it gets to be over a week then it may come down to a hung jury.
This isn't necessarily true. There have been convictions in cases where the jury deliberated for a long time. One example is the David Westerfield case, in which the jury was out for apprx 9 days and he is on death row now.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:51 AM

313 posts, read 351,544 times
I was hoping the jury had decided on Murder 1 but was just being thorough, also not wanting to let people think they made a hasty decision.

However, I'm concerned there is dissension in the ranks after Jean Casarez a.k.a. Jinkosaurus (on HLN) said one member took a deep breath then heaved a heavy sigh prior to going into the jury room.

Even though I think JA deserves the death penalty, I can live with her getting life w/o parole (is that a possibility w/ Murder 2 or is it only life w/ parole?)..certainly more so than anything less than that.

It's going to be unbearable if they come back deadlocked. Can you imagine going through this crap again!?? And the poor taxpayers of AZ will have to foot the bill for another trial for this piece of trash.

I've never watched HLN, but this JA woman has me so pissed off I'm tuning in these days even though I can't stand Nancy Grace. I swear I'm not going to get sucked in to the Zimmerman trial or if JA is retried. Only people I think have any class and decency on HLN are Jean Casarez and Beth Karas.

On one of those shows last night they mentioned people are giving JA (I can't even say her name, she makes my skin crawl!) money in her commisary account. One guy went in person and deposited $200! Her account is over $2200. Unbelievable.

I used to think women were the pathetic ones going after these serial killers like Bundy and Ramirez. Now we see men being just as stupid w/ Anthony & JA. What is it w/ people!?

Old 05-08-2013, 09:59 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,038,310 times
Good Morning/Afternoon everyone!! Is everyone ready for another gut wrenching anxiety filled day? After reading everyone comments I am glad I am not alone on how we feel about media/HLN coverage of this trial. I also adore Beth Karas and remember her wonderful coverage of the Scott Petterson case. I remember since it had no cameras in the court room she had to read the verdict on a blackberry which in 2004 I think was brand new kind of thing. I also remember her from her court tv days and I agree she is the only one with class on HLN. I thing Jean Kasauras(sp) is also professional but she really irked me during the CA trial with her seemingly endless love affair with Josa Baez. Anyways I am glad HLN is covering the tragic kidnapping case in Cleveland too. What a terrible story that is,there is no telling what those women had to put up with!

Old 05-08-2013, 10:10 AM

1,817 posts, read 2,759,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcatnip View Post
I was hoping the jury had decided on Murder 1 but was just being thorough, also not wanting to let people think they made a hasty decision.

However, I'm concerned there is dissension in the ranks after Jean Casarez a.k.a. Jinkosaurus (on HLN) said one member took a deep breath then heaved a heavy sigh prior to going into the jury room.

Even though I think JA deserves the death penalty, I can live with her getting life w/o parole (is that a possibility w/ Murder 2 or is it only life w/ parole?)..certainly more so than anything less than that.

It's going to be unbearable if they come back deadlocked. Can you imagine going through this crap again!?? And the poor taxpayers of AZ will have to foot the bill for another trial for this piece of trash.

I've never watched HLN, but this JA woman has me so pissed off I'm tuning in these days even though I can't stand Nancy Grace. I swear I'm not going to get sucked in to the Zimmerman trial or if JA is retried. Only people I think have any class and decency on HLN are Jean Casarez and Beth Karas.

On one of those shows last night they mentioned people are giving JA (I can't even say her name, she makes my skin crawl!) money in her commisary account. One guy went in person and deposited $200! Her account is over $2200. Unbelievable.

I used to think women were the pathetic ones going after these serial killers like Bundy and Ramirez. Now we see men being just as stupid w/ Anthony & JA. What is it w/ people!?
Well, they could be sighing because they're tired. I actually think Jean is a bigger drama queen than Nancy Grace is. I have to believe common sense will prevail and we will get a Murder One verdict.

I'm with all of you who are done with trials after this...at least for a long time. I will read the updates on the Zimmerman case but I definitely won't let it take over my life like this one has or become so emotionally invested. Jodi's case was kind of the perfect storm since it is local to me, and cases involving sociopaths are my true crime Kryptonite. She spooked me on that 48 Hours episode and then to see her on the stand was something else. I couldn't look away. I also developed a major crush on Juan Martinez. I honestly think he's one of the best prosecutors since Bugliosi. (I know I'm not alone on this...he has close to 28,000 Facebook fans now!)

I love Judge Judy...she's no-nonsense, and I find it relaxing to watch her yell at idiots...maybe that's why I am a Martinez fan too!

No words for the criminal groupies...I think they either have mental issues themselves or they play devil's advocate too literally.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:14 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,017,913 times
Whatever the outcome, there's going to be screams of injustice by one side or the other.

Arguably, flawed or not, this is our American Justice system at work.

There's no lack of blame to going around, and it'll be interesting to see where it'll land on..

the Jurors? the Judge? the Prosecutor? the Attorney's? the Media? Jodi taking the stand?

I think there be some fallout, for a time to come.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Well, they could be sighing because they're tired. I actually think Jean is a bigger drama queen than Nancy Grace is. I have to believe common sense will prevail and we will get a Murder One verdict.

I'm with all of you who are done with trials after this...at least for a long time. I will read the updates on the Zimmerman case but I definitely won't let it take over my life like this one has or become so emotionally invested. Jodi's case was kind of the perfect storm since it is local to me, and cases involving sociopaths are my true crime Kryptonite. She spooked me on that 48 Hours episode and then to see her on the stand was something else. I couldn't look away. I also developed a major crush on Juan Martinez. I honestly think he's one of the best prosecutors since Bugliosi. (I know I'm not alone on this...he has close to 28,000 Facebook fans now!)

I love Judge Judy...she's no-nonsense, and I find it relaxing to watch her yell at idiots...maybe that's why I am a Martinez fan too!

No words for the criminal groupies...I think they either have mental issues themselves or they play devil's advocate too literally.
I know! I love to watch Judge Judy because she suffers no fools and makes idiots look like idiots actually I laugh my butt off watching her show.9 times out of 10 it's some yound girl trying to get her stuff back after a break up with a guy but still I love watching her show.And if anyone in the JA trial deserves to get famous it is Martinez I love him too!

Old 05-08-2013, 10:38 AM

Oh my! Does anyone find it highly ironic that the Judge in the Anna Nicole Smith case thinks Martinez got swept up in the media and overcharged arias? I hate this guy! crying on the bench???so unprofessional. I think he is major jealous of Juan Martinez how popular he has gotten when everyone was just laughing and shaking their heads at him for crying during the anna Nicole smith hearings...ugh need to take my blood pressure meds already! oh and his reasoning for the OJ verdict? he blamed the LAPD... and we can argue all day about why OJ got off but it does not make it right! I am so glad this judge is retired!

Old 05-08-2013, 10:49 AM

17,628 posts, read 11,181,563 times
I feel the same way about that Judge from the ANS trial, he is a clown. Not only for his crying during that trial, but just his mannerisms in general.....what an idiot.

HLN must pay pretty well for it's hosts and guests. 99% of them are practicing Attorneys who have pretty much put their careers on hold to be full time TV people. One other person I like is Mike Brookes. He doesn't mince any words and tells you exactly how he feels.

Well, time to go see if there have been any developments in the deliberations.

Don

Old 05-08-2013, 11:56 AM

313 posts, read 351,544 times
Quote:
That's a good point. It's been a long trial, and those poor jurors must be incredibly drained. If they come back w/ Murder 1, they have to sit through more of JA and her dysfunctional family's b.s. I feel for them.

I'm new to HLN, so I'll have to watch for what you say regarding Jinkasaurus. Beth Karas though is consistently solid. One time she even said she needed to check her notes before she could comment further. Others e.g. jackass Vinnie P would have made stuff up, I bet.

That Vinnie is a chump. He's getting on my last nerve constantly trying to goad people into telling him women are too tough on other women and men are too "gullible" toward women. What a gross and unfair generalization. Insulting to both men and women, IMO.

Quote:
I love her too! Martinez is very thorough and seems to have a mind like a steel trap. My only issue w/ him is he's too long-winded.

BTW, fruitlassie, you cracked me up with your comments about Nurmi putting the sex tape on a loop for his closing, and 5 years of bologne sandwiches and fluorescent lighting doing a number on JA's looks (which I didn't think were great to begin with)!

Judge Stevens has been far too lenient, seems she's paranoid about a conviction being overturned, so she's bent over backwards for the defense. Judge Judy would have had this whole thing done in a week, tops! Can you imagine what she'd say to JA!? She would not have tolerated Nurmi's slouching and slow poke ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945
HLN must pay pretty well for it's hosts and guests. 99% of them are practicing Attorneys who have pretty much put their careers on hold to be full time TV people.
Yeah, what's up w/ that? Don't they have any clients/careers. They seem to practically live at HLN studios! And they're not done yet. They were salivating over coming back for the Zimmerman trial. Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime