U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 12:37 PM

4,758 posts, read 6,553,891 times

Advertisements

VERDICT TO BE ANNOUNCED at 1:30pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Arizona time)

Old 05-08-2013, 12:48 PM

313 posts, read 351,996 times
Awesome they have reached a verdict! 1:30 AZ time can't come soon enough. I can exhale then..well maybe, as long as they come back w/ Murder 1 or 2.

Hopefully I can now be done w/ HLN & vile JA!

Old 05-08-2013, 12:48 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,762,268 times
I'm watching the local news here...should be commercial-free for those that are sick of HLN.

It's funny, the reports today was that there was a much smaller crowd outside the courthouse than the past couple days...guess people thought they might be wasting their time. I'm sure the ranks will swell by 1:30 PM.

I may need a drink to calm my nerves

Old 05-08-2013, 12:57 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,317,770 times
I told y'all ... Wednesday!!! That will be 4:30 Eastern Time for me.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:57 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,762,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcatnip View Post
That's a good point. It's been a long trial, and those poor jurors must be incredibly drained. If they come back w/ Murder 1, they have to sit through more of JA and her dysfunctional family's b.s. I feel for them.

I'm new to HLN, so I'll have to watch for what you say regarding Jinkasaurus. Beth Karas though is consistently solid. One time she even said she needed to check her notes before she could comment further. Others e.g. jackass Vinnie P would have made stuff up, I bet.

That Vinnie is a chump. He's getting on my last nerve constantly trying to goad people into telling him women are too tough on other women and men are too "gullible" toward women. What a gross and unfair generalization. Insulting to both men and women, IMO.

I love her too! Martinez is very thorough and seems to have a mind like a steel trap. My only issue w/ him is he's too long-winded.

BTW, fruitlassie, you cracked me up with your comments about Nurmi putting the sex tape on a loop for his closing, and 5 years of bologne sandwiches and fluorescent lighting doing a number on JA's looks (which I didn't think were great to begin with)!

Judge Stevens has been far too lenient, seems she's paranoid about a conviction being overturned, so she's bent over backwards for the defense. Judge Judy would have had this whole thing done in a week, tops! Can you imagine what she'd say to JA!? She would not have tolerated Nurmi's slouching and slow poke ways.
I can't stand the generalizations about gender either. It might be one factor, but there are dozens of other factors that can influence someone's opinion and they all come into play. Personal history, education, cultural background, etc.

Yes, I would have loved to see Judge Judy or Judge Perry on this case. I bet Judge Judy would have called Alyce LaViolette a "fresh mouth" and told Byrd to get her out of the courtroom. LOL

This is obviously a serious trial, but if we can't occasionally find comic relief in it we'd probably go crazy...and there's always a lot of inadvertent humor in these trials. I'll never forget Dr. Geffner spilling water all over the desk twice, Dr. Quack's paper shuffling, Alyce telling JM he needs a timeout, and all of JM's great one-liners.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:05 PM

570 posts, read 803,538 times
Well, downtown Phoenix should be pretty busy in a little while. Various channels (local and national) have all the TV coverage. Wonder what social media is like.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:11 PM

Wake up snowchaser ... don1945 .... Mt State ... Bentlebee ... the rest of us are present and accounted for!!

Old 05-08-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
I'm watching the local news here...should be commercial-free for those that are sick of HLN.

It's funny, the reports today was that there was a much smaller crowd outside the courthouse than the past couple days...guess people thought they might be wasting their time. I'm sure the ranks will swell by 1:30 PM.

I may need a drink to calm my nerves
fruitlassie, you need to get on down to the courthouse and join the crowds. When the verdict is read there will either be a massive celebration so take your drink with you or all heck will break loose. You can even wave at us if you can get close to a TV camera. Take a sign "It's Me Fruitlassie" ...

Old 05-08-2013, 01:25 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,040,513 times
Just a little over an hour! If I was a drinking man(or if I had any in my apartment) I would certainly have one right now! My nerves are shattered..Even Fox News has "alerts" up and are talking about it. They are talking to Chris Hughes right now and he just made an great point. The defense has had 5 years to find one person who would say anything negative about TA and there was not ONE person. I would say if that were me I would even have a person or 2...and I think I am very nice and easy going.lol

Old 05-08-2013, 01:31 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,040,513 times
Hehe CW I just woke up and saw the "alerts" I sleep with my tv on these days! but I'm here! If I lived in Phoenix I don't know if I would go down to the courthouse or not. But Fruitlassie and anyone else that lives there if you don't mind driving on clogged freeways and I would imagine horrible downtown parking have at it! I think traffic will be a nightmare that is why they are giving everyone like an extra hour. Well I have time to go down to CVS for a few things...If my car breaks down I guess I can listen on the car radio..!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime