Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 06:07 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I assume most of you guys support the death penalty in this case ?

You can count me in.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:09 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Hey, I've been lurking around, also. Usually I'm just too tired from jury duty to respond to anyone's posts. Got home today and of course turned on the tube to see if a verdict was in...WOW !!!

All Murder One. Good. Kudos to that jury!!!!!
Finally here. I missed all that happened due to work but am positive I can find posts and tv replaying the verdict.

I didn't know when but as I wrote yesterday I felt calm and peace when this jury started to deliberate. I did pray for them as they will now be a major force to correctly get trials back to being trials and not reality shows.

I'm so proud of this jury, Prosecutor Juan Martinez and all the friends and Alexander family members!!!

Glad to hear the Alexander's are going to file a civil suit for any profits she would have made.

So proud AZ residents could think and find the truth!!!

Happy for Travis Alexander and hope he might start to RIP!

MSR

Old 05-08-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
They are reporting Willmont was crying as she left....
So many things I could write. I guess I"ll just say it must be a hard day for her. But she had PPP to work with in a client.

MSR

Old 05-08-2013, 06:16 PM

10,088 posts, read 7,763,936 times
I just saw Jodie in an interview on Phoenix News online. She said she would prefer the death penalty than life. She said her whole family has a long life span and she didn't want to suffer in prison all that while.

She was asked what she'd like to say to Travis's family and she said she hoped they could find some peace now. She still has not apologized.

I would actually like her to get the death penalty but to die of old age before she got killed. Let her suffer and not have guests, company, etc.

Anyway, I'm still excited about the verdict. That was GREAT!!!...justice for Travis.

Love me some Juan. :-)

Old 05-08-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I sent Arias/Donovan a tweet:

CarolinaWoman ‏@CarolinaWoman50 16m

@Jodiannarias What are you going to tweet now. Your tweeting days are over.

Per the letter from the Maricopa Sheriff's office:

Sheriff Arpaio received your email and asked that I respond. First off, Jodi Arias, much like the other 800 women at the Estrella Jail, is a pre-trial inmate. This means that they have not yet been found guilty of a crime and still have all the rights that you and I have. She has the right to use the phone to talk to whomever she wants, and that person, who is not in custody, has the right to tweet or Facebook or run a website based off those conversations.

Per the constitution of the United States, the Sheriff cannot intervene, until such time as she has lost those rights. Inmate Arias’ tweets are bothersome to the Sheriff and his Office, however there is nothing we can do at this time to restrict any pre-trial inmates access to the phone.

Thank you for your concern, keep in mind that this is something that we are actively looking at.

Sergeant Brandon Jones
Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office
Media Relations Unitponse

Absolutely awesome, CW!

Old 05-08-2013, 06:20 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,222 times
What sentence is that? She was convicted today. Sentencing doesn't start until tomorrow.

If she had been a cop she probably wouldn't have even been arrested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Her sentence was proper.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:21 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,515,499 times
I live in Phoenix and I was at the gym when the verdict came over the TV. People on the cardio showed no interest and then I thought. Many people in the Phoenix area didn't seem to even talk about this trial very much. Yet when I would travel so many people would ask me about it. I rarely had much to say, because I never followed it much. Other than when a tv was on, and I had no control over the TV to turn the channel.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:22 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Engaging in mutually consensual sex is a justification for killing someone afterwards? If that was the case, celibacy would become very popular overnight.
Did I say that?

Was I responding to you?

No on both counts.

Pay attention. You'll see I said both should have walked away from each other.

See how easy it is?

Old 05-08-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I just saw Jodie in an interview on Phoenix News online. She said she would prefer the death penalty than life. She said her whole family has a long life span and she didn't want to suffer in prison all that while.

She was asked what she'd like to say to Travis's family and she said she hoped they could find some peace now. She still has not apologized.

I would actually like her to get the death penalty but to die of old age before she got killed. Let her suffer and not have guests, company, etc.

Anyway, I'm still excited about the verdict. That was GREAT!!!...justice for Travis.

Love me some Juan. :-)
More evidence that even today all she can focus on is her pain and "suffering" in prison. Maybe that is why Willmott was crying. I would be if I'd tried my hardest to save the life of a murderer who lied even to the jury.

Thanks Juan for proving you're not a bully, you have a gift for being able to dissect horrible murders into the facts so AZ juries can decide the future of another.

So what did Squirmy do through all of this/ smile and turn in his last invoice?

MSR

Old 05-08-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
The news station I'm watching mentioned the costs of some other trials we've had in Arizona. The Baseline Killer was over $2 million along with one or two others. So this isn't the first pricey trial we've had nor will it be the last.

I heard that Jodi may not be allowed to communicate with Donavan now because she is a convicted felon...maybe she can get her brother or sister to keep up the Twitter account.
Interesting and appropriate about Donovan. Maybe one of those guys who wanted to date ARIAS would be willing to be her messenger.........

I'm so happy for the Alexander's, the Hughes family and all of Travis' friends everywhere who have suffered.
Maybe healing can start today for many.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime