Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 11:01 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times

Advertisements

Watching the court proceedings today...I think Jodi makes this prosecutor look foolish. The prosecutor gets so flustered, he is gonna blow this whole case imo
Watching her expressions She has such a flat affect, it's hard to gage her. But,
while being asked by the Prosecutor about how it must have felt for Alexander to have been stabbed, she does become saddened.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:16 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Watching the court proceedings today...I think Jodi makes this prosecutor look foolish. The prosecutor gets so flustered, he is gonna blow this whole case imo
Watching her expressions She has such a flat affect, it's hard to gage her. But,
while being asked by the Prosecutor about how it must have felt for Alexander to have been stabbed, she does become saddened.
While "likeable" certainly matters....imagine you go back in the jury room and start talking facts. You have the guy hacked up and then you have a multitude of significant lies she was caught up in along with the attempts to destroy evidence and so forth.

Her only chance of getting off is a self-defense claim which has failed utterly for her....and her credibility is zero after being caught in a number of clear lies.

I fail to see how there is even any grey area around this one, I expecting a relatively short time for the jury to convict unless they get hung up quibbling over death penalty stuff.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
As a victim of DV myself, I feel just the opposite.

Sociopaths need to feel in control and superior and the way the prosecutor brought out her arrogance was brilliant, IMO. It's quite obvious she's not the shrinking violet she tried to portray last week. She's standing up to him and he has let her.

In the mean time, he's already poked holes in nearly all the claims she made regarding the pedophilia and abuse, which is the foundation of her defense. He was quit sly about it...I'm not sure she even realized it until about time for court to be dismissed yesterday. I think once he brought out the phone records showing she lied about the phone calls on the day Travis was supposed to have been "liking" the photos of the little boy and then topping it with the magazines that will lead to the guy she wanted to take the forged letters to the media she may have lost a little smugness. When you add in the photo of her hand after the date she claims Travis broke her finger and her hand doesn't show the knot on her knuckle...a confession that it came from a cut to a cop and a boyfriend...nothing in her journal hinting at it, the way she used the "wrapped up" hint about the sex...her credibility is shot.

Victims of DV cower in front of authoritative figures. Jodi showed she has no fear and thinks she can outwit anyone that gets in the path of what she wants.

Travis had his issues with sex...that she admitted in her joural that she liked too. But the story we have been told was one sided. You have to remember WHO taped the phone conversation and WHO was into photography. Once it comes out that she tried to get a witness to lie to her attorney and get letters that were proven forged into evidence that she claimed Travis wrote stating he was a pedophile I can't see how anyone could believe her story.

The defense tried to get a stay on the death penalty today due to Flores misunderstanding the medical examiners findings and stating the gun shot wound was first. The stay was denied.

Can't wait for Monday!!!
But, don't forget she has had 4 years in jail and has probably had counseling and some classes related to domestic violence. She has had time to change what might have been the case had they ha her trial right after the charges were brought. Then she may have been reacting in the stero-typical way a victim might.
This isn't about deciding anything but her penalty. The prosecutor is alienating himself, it will help her imo.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:25 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,399 times
Juan is on fire today!! He's really driving the point home. "...knife in the chest....." "what is hard to explain about a person breathing or not breathing? "

Last edited by trinity1111; 02-25-2013 at 11:35 AM..

Old 02-25-2013, 11:48 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
I think the prosecutor is making mince-meat out of Jodi.

She looks for any way AT ALL to avoid answering his questions.

Her true despicable character is coming out.

I wish I could find another channel to watch this on. HLN keeps cutting out for commercials!

Old 02-25-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
While "likeable" certainly matters....imagine you go back in the jury room and start talking facts. You have the guy hacked up and then you have a multitude of significant lies she was caught up in along with the attempts to destroy evidence and so forth.

Her only chance of getting off is a self-defense claim which has failed utterly for her....and her credibility is zero after being caught in a number of clear lies.

I fail to see how there is even any grey area around this one, I expecting a relatively short time for the jury to convict unless they get hung up quibbling over death penalty stuff.
I didn't say anything about a grey area..She admitted to killing the victim. This is going to be a decision about what her sentence will be. I guess the grey area you mean may be the jury deciding if the death penalty applies.

I think the prosecutor is doing a bit better than last week, but he has a very badgering way and continues to repeatedly ask the same questions, varying a word or too and I think that the jury may hold this against him.

And, in so doing the jury may feel some sympathy for this defendant. That's the point I've been making.

Simply that this prosecutor is going to lose credibility because of his incessantly quibbling over none important issues, rather than focusing on the important ones to achieve the penalty they are seeking.
But, we all have our opinions, makes it interesting.

Last edited by JanND; 02-25-2013 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: added text

Old 02-25-2013, 12:00 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,399 times
Juan's got control of the courtroom today. Finishing morning cross with creep factor, Travis's grandmother getting flowers from Jodi after killing.

Jodi looks meek today. Non-combative. Tears. This may get sympathy from jury.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:56 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,198,531 times
All I can say is the jury must decide between absolute guilt and total innocence. The truth of this case could possibly be somewhere in between.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:06 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I didn't say anything about a grey area..She admitted to killing the victim. This is going to be a decision about what her sentence will be. I guess the grey area you mean may be the jury deciding if the death penalty applies.

I think the prosecutor is doing a bit better than last week, but he has a very badgering way and continues to repeatedly ask the same questions, varying a word or too and I think that the jury may hold this against him.

And, in so doing the jury may feel some sympathy for this defendant. That's the point I've been making.

Simply that this prosecutor is going to lose credibility because of his incessantly quibbling over none important issues, rather than focusing on the important ones to achieve the penalty they are seeking.
But, we all have our opinions, makes it interesting.
I know you didn't say anything about grey area, I wasn't intending to suggest that. I agree with all your points, I am wondering how far any generated sympathy will go when the jury goes back in the room and gets down to brass tacks. I mean, one can feel sympathy for her and still give her the chair based upon the evidence.

Do you know if they ever put any offers on the table like plea to life no parole? This would seem to have been an almost perfect case for that offer....using the removal of the dp as a bargaining chip.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:57 PM

664 posts, read 1,027,848 times
How can anybody feel sorry for JA, 29 stab wounds and cutting TA ear to ear and a shot in the head. I don't care how JH sounds, she is guilty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime