U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 09:21 PM

313 posts, read 351,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Arias Twitter account has been closed! Yes!!
Woo hoo! Go Sheriff Joe! I am so sick of this woman. Only words I wanna hear from her ever are "I'm sorry" to the Alexander family and friends.

I'm so happy her ass is going to rot on death row w/ 23 hrs of being locked in a cell and no/minimal contact with the outside world or even other inmates.

The only downside to any of this is it'll be yrs before she gets the lethal injection, and in that time, she'll cost AZ taxpayers a lot of $. better than her being free of course.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:25 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,307,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I have no problem with the DP. It might be more terrible for this young lady to be locked up the rest of her life. Her ego would put her in a mental ward.
Life in Prison without parole might be ok ... my only problem there is she manipulates people. She has $2,200.00 in her commissary account from rank strangers sending her spending money.

Of course if the Alexander family does file a Civil Suit and they win ... her artwork money and other income would be stopped. The only problem with the artwork there could be a lawsuit there ... The Hat Series from Arias is copied work from a copyrighted campaign for Miss Dior ... Dior has been contacted about her tracing or copying the work. In addition Guess Jeans had a copyrighted campaign that Arias copied the drawing.

The price on Arias Hat drawing was $1,500.00 ... I don't know how much the Guess Jeans copy sold for. Ebay shut down Arias brother that was selling her work. But a winning a Civil Suit against Arias would insure any future artwork sales, movie rights money or even book money, if Arias decides to write a book or publish her manifesto, would go to the Alexander family.

I hope they do bring a Civil Suit against her.

Susan Smith that killed her two sons in South Carolina had it made in prison in Columbia SC ... she was having sex with two guards and getting anything she wanted with these relationships. Then she picked up an STD and after investigating one guard a Captain married with a family and the second guard, both with long tenure at the prison, were terminated. She was transferred to another prison.

So I don't really know how life in prison would be for a psychopath ... after all she is the three hole wonder!

Old 05-08-2013, 09:35 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,189,868 times
That interview they allowed with her after the verdict was pathetic, and I wonder why it was even allowed. She couldn't resist taking one last swipe at Travis with the comment about his family should remember him the way they think he was. Still playing the pedophile and abuser card, right to the end.

She is about as sick of a person as you will ever find IMO. Usually you can find some redeeming value or quality in a person, but she has none that I can detect. She is also playing the reverse psychology trick in telling people she would rather die than be incarcerated for the rest of her life. BS, you can bet the day they take her down to the death chamber she will change that tune and be clawing onto the walls all the way there.

It did me so much good to see her puffy, red face on TV tonight in that interview. I hope she sheds a lot of tears in the coming months and years, but I know not one tear will be shed for Travis or his family. It is all about Jodi and Jodi alone.

Don

Old 05-08-2013, 09:44 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,759,910 times
Quote:

Speaking of Sheriff Joe ... do you think there will be a recall election?

I still laugh about his system of bringing the inmates to the court for trials ... bus leaves jail at 5:00 AM and returns for pick-up at 5:00 PM ... no running back and forth to the court that is a waste of gasoline. So they sit in the basement in holding cells all day long until their case is called or after the case ends. On the news last night the reporter talking to the jail personnel said they have 800 to 900 inmates a day to transport to courts. WOW!!!
Oh, I doubt it. He has always had plenty of haters but he's like Teflon. I understand some of the criticism, but I think it's just fine that he doesn't pamper the inmates.

800 to 900 a day, that's crazy. I guess that includes all the courts in Maricopa County (which is huge), but still...that's the population of a small town.

Did anyone else see Jodi's grandma stand up out of her wheelchair and sprint for the car?

Old 05-08-2013, 11:32 PM

22,760 posts, read 16,841,238 times
Quote:
Life in Prison without parole might be ok ... my only problem there is she manipulates people. She has $2,200.00 in her commissary account from rank strangers sending her spending money.

Of course if the Alexander family does file a Civil Suit and they win ... her artwork money and other income would be stopped. The only problem with the artwork there could be a lawsuit there ... The Hat Series from Arias is copied work from a copyrighted campaign for Miss Dior ... Dior has been contacted about her tracing or copying the work. In addition Guess Jeans had a copyrighted campaign that Arias copied the drawing.

The price on Arias Hat drawing was $1,500.00 ... I don't know how much the Guess Jeans copy sold for. Ebay shut down Arias brother that was selling her work. But a winning a Civil Suit against Arias would insure any future artwork sales, movie rights money or even book money, if Arias decides to write a book or publish her manifesto, would go to the Alexander family.

Susan Smith that killed her two sons in South Carolina had it made in prison in Columbia SC ... she was having sex with two guards and getting anything she wanted with these relationships. Then she picked up an STD and after investigating one guard a Captain married with a family and the second guard, both with long tenure at the prison, were terminated. She was transferred to another prison.

So I don't really know how life in prison would be for a psychopath ... after all she is the three hole wonder!
If she gets Life, other inmates have a way of getting that money. I wouldn't be bragging about it if I were her. But, she'll learn that lesson the hard way.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
If she gets Life, other inmates have a way of getting that money. I wouldn't be bragging about it if I were her. But, she'll learn that lesson the hard way.
Before her Twitter account was shut down, she posted ... "her commissary order didn't arrive and it's like getting up Christmas morning and Santa didn't visit you."

Her commissary order was cookies, cupcakes, pork rinds, Cheez-its, Hershey Bars with almonds, pickles, pickle juice, shampoo and conditioner, sausage chub???? and the list went on and on ... when she was criticized on Twitter and the news her next tweet was:

"The commissary order wasn't for me, it was for the indigent girls here that are not as fortunate as me."

If the Alexanders win a Civil Suit against her, she won't have any money.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:08 AM

Humph ...hmmmmm ... Vinnie P announced HLN will be covering the Zimmerman trial starting June 10. Hmmmmmm is anyone going to watch that one?

I am so jubilant over the Arias verdict today, but I just don't think I can handle another long drawn out trial.

If no one wants to watch HLN I will be glad to find some live streaming in that area. I watched the Casey Anthony trial live streaming. I just can't believe the jury, the abortion doc case, in Pennsylvania five weeks of testimony before starting deliberations on April 30 ... and they still don't have a verdict.

Kudos to our Arizonie 12 and I will be praying for them tonight as their job isn't over with yet.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:54 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,038,713 times
Quote:

See that is my problem with life without porole. JA is such a narcisassistic sociopath that she would have the toughest "women" inmates protecting her and the male guards too probably. Like you said the 3 hole wonder. So I have to go with death because I know she would be locked down 23 hours aday and she said she would want death but what everyone is forgetting she would STILL be an old lady when that happens because of the appeals. So I want her to get death not because she wants it,but because she thinks she will get the needle in like a year or so when it will probably be more like 30 or 40. Sure she can still mapiulate the guards but she will not have the satisfaction of having the whole prison kissing her butt. I just get the feeling she is that good like Dr Drew said.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:59 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,038,713 times
Quote:
Before her Twitter account was shut down, she posted ... "her commissary order didn't arrive and it's like getting up Christmas morning and Santa didn't visit you."

Her commissary order was cookies, cupcakes, pork rinds, Cheez-its, Hershey Bars with almonds, pickles, pickle juice, shampoo and conditioner, sausage chub???? and the list went on and on ... when she was criticized on Twitter and the news her next tweet was:

"The commissary order wasn't for me, it was for the indigent girls here that are not as fortunate as me."

If the Alexanders win a Civil Suit against her, she won't have any money.
And they will win..it's a lot easier to win civil cases vs criminal because the burden of proof is lower. Remember the Goldmans sued OJ and won of course they never saw a penny because he put all his money is other accounts. but still she does not have the connections he did!

Old 05-09-2013, 03:37 AM

2,683 posts, read 3,417,474 times
It is so haunting to read Travis' blog.

Especially in his last post, written only a few weeks before he was murdered, when he talks about dating:

Desperately trying to find out if my date has an axe murderer penned up inside of her and knowing she is wondering the same thing about me.

Travis Alexander's Being Better Blog

This is after he broke up with Jodi, so I'm sure he had her on his mind.

All of the posts were written in the two months before his death. The creepy thing is that Jodi commented on the blog! On his first post (April 14, 2008) he wrote about writing a blog and she commented:

This is my favorite post – probably because you give me a mention – one of your “fantastic visionary friends.” ...haha =) It's loaded with inspiration, humorous sarcasm, and fresh perspectives, love it!

He didn't reply. He also didn't include her in his blog list, but she had her own blog, which she started right after he started his, in an obvious bid for his attention. In her last post she yearns to "explode into expression".

Something to Think About

Reading about her interests on her Blogger profile page is also interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime