U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 04:55 AM

25,880 posts, read 39,149,162 times

Advertisements

This trial had so much in it and was at times so shocking that I kept watching.

I was disgusted with Numni who kept going about the oral sex over and over like he enjoyed it himself and that was actually when I started to feel annoyed but both Jodi and her lawyers had a good time during that part and you could feel they were bonding over that subject.

When that was over the defense had nothing and nobody was even believing that one person was believing Jodi to be abused but a willing partner.

When someone asks about the Zimmerman trial, than I can only say that I'm so annoyed that one group is just blaming another group for being racist while to me this had nothing to do with race but a man who was worried and stood up for what he wants was to protect the community after multiple burglaries. This trial can become one linked to riots since we will have some crazy people shouting racism.

The trial for Justice for Travis had so much of everything and the sad part was the trashing of the victim who now will be a hero and the murderer will be the loser.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:11 AM

12,870 posts, read 13,138,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I have no problem with the DP. It might be more terrible for this young lady to be locked up the rest of her life. Her ego would put her in a mental ward.

I know it was a figure of speech, but she is no lady.

in prison, she would probably just keep doing her "art" and selling it to lonely people, while trying to get pregnant by a prison guard. She has no concept of the horrific nature of her crime, and she is very likely to do it again if she doesn't get her way.

I remember when I saw the autopsy pictures on the OJ trial and thought "how could anyone release this monster back into society"? I am sure that most people would feel the same way if they saw the alexander autopsy pictures.

society really needs to be protected from evil people so they have zero chance to do it again.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:38 AM

2,683 posts, read 3,414,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
lol feminists... man-hating to the bone
That's simply not true. Just because someone is a feminist doesn't mean they hate men. It just means you want to be treated fairly and with respect. If a woman is truly being abused she has the right to defend herself.

This was NOT the case with Jodi. She planned to kill Travis. She is guilty of murder and the jury got it right.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:45 AM

12,870 posts, read 13,138,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I believe he mentally abused her, which can be worse than physical abuse.

He sent her a lot of really abusive texts, then turned around and had sex with her. Over and over. That's definitely a form of abuse. If he meant the names he called her, he shouldn't have continued having a relationship with her.

Either of them could have and should have walked away.

This was a real fatal attraction.
but only one of them died.

maybe we can fix that.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:51 AM

2,683 posts, read 3,414,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
This is more an indictment of trash US media. Dont blame posters here, blame the networks inundating tv with 24/7 hysteria.

Grace represents corporate media, which cares about ratings ONLY. Yes, its trash. Other than the verdict, I did not care about the case, but its fault of the media, not people here that these 'witch hunts' are televised now 24/7 as "entertainment".

Look at the sponsors of HLN: write your complaints to them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HLN_(TV_channel)
I don't like that trials are broadcast as "entertainment" either. I was thoroughly disgusted by the OJ case. Showing it on TV only made it into more of a circus. People were joking about it. Remember the "dancing Itos" on Leno? People seemed to forget that 2 people were brutally murdered in that case.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:11 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,061,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
And they will win..it's a lot easier to win civil cases vs criminal because the burden of proof is lower. Remember the Goldmans sued OJ and won of course they never saw a penny because he put all his money is other accounts. but still she does not have the connections he did!
If they did sue her, who will pay her defense attorney? I guess she will finally get her chance to represent herself.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:25 AM

17,628 posts, read 11,170,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
If they did sue her, who will pay her defense attorney? I guess she will finally get her chance to represent herself.
That is a good question, I don't know if she will be given a public defender or not. Casey Anthony was able to keep her dream team for the Z. Gonzolez upcoming lawsuit, which I have never understood either. Attorneys want paid and according to Casey and all of the Attorneys she is broke. I guess their payday is all the subsequent business Jose got because of winning the murder trial.

It always irks me that these "indigent" high profile criminals can get such good representation but if any of us working people were sued we would have to mortgage the farm to come up with the money to hire our own Attorney.

Don

Old 05-09-2013, 09:10 AM

3,904 posts, read 6,197,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I believe he mentally abused her, which can be worse than physical abuse.

He sent her a lot of really abusive texts, then turned around and had sex with her. Over and over. That's definitely a form of abuse. If he meant the names he called her, he shouldn't have continued having a relationship with her.

Either of them could have and should have walked away.

This was a real fatal attraction.
I do believe he mentally abused her too. I do not think she should get the DP either!

Old 05-09-2013, 09:49 AM

1,817 posts, read 2,758,652 times

Jodi Arias' Family Visits in Jail After Verdict - Look At Grandma. NO Wheelchair - YouTube

Grandma moves pretty fast when she's trying to get away from Jean Casarez

Old 05-09-2013, 09:55 AM

1,817 posts, read 2,758,652 times
^^^ I agree 100%. I can't believe people are gullible enough to still be manipulated by her lies but at least the jury was smart enough to know better...thank goodness!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime