U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 10:10 AM

313 posts, read 351,378 times

Advertisements

^^ I noticed that too..at first i was surprised to even see her stand up in court prior to sentencing. But then she walks. Hm, grandma's not just not in the wheel chair but seems to be moving better than JA's mom and sis! Miraculous recovery there.

I just watched JA's interview, and wow just wow. She is a nightmare of a client. This woman is still showing 0 signs of remorse. She is such a narcissistic manipulative sub-human. I don't see it working. That jury seems rock solid, and is going to come back w/ DP. I hope..

I had not intended on watching more coverage, but I can't seem to look away. Course today w/ handsome Dr. Horn (Rob Lowe should play him in the Lifetime movie), I just know I'm going to get sucked in. LOL

Maybe I'll just watch until Juan M's done w/ his part of the trial. I know I'll want to throw things at the screen when DT trots out more of their ridiculous experts.

I hope they don't drag this phase out, but w/ this trial, that's too much to hope for.

Last edited by iluvcatnip; 05-09-2013 at 10:21 AM..

Old 05-09-2013, 10:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,242 times
Um, you can't cheat on someone you aren't exclusive with. Jodi was dating other guys also and even told one she had magic in her panties. Proof of her whoredom was when she climbed on top of Ryan Burns and dry humped him a few hours after she slaughtered a naked, unarmed man. Then she got another man's number on the plane coming back from Travis' memorial service. Oh yeah...nice gal.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:20 AM

17,628 posts, read 11,158,662 times
Praise the Lord, I've been healed !!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing that would have made this better is if Granny would have had a neck brace and seeing eye dog ! What a family.

Don

Old 05-09-2013, 10:48 AM

8,440 posts, read 11,150,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Arias Twitter account has been closed! Yes!!
CW,

How does it feel to be a part of history in this trial? Probably your tweet was one of the last posted on ARIAS' Twitter Acct? Maybe Donovan will respond as I anticipate a Donovan account soon if not already in existence.

WTG! I'm proud of you tweeting such a salient point when you did :thumbs up:

MSR

Old 05-09-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcatnip View Post
^^ I noticed that too..at first i was surprised to even see her stand up in court prior to sentencing. But then she walks. Hm, grandma's not just not in the wheel chair but seems to be moving better than JA's mom and sis! Miraculous recovery there.

I just watched JA's interview, and wow just wow. She is a nightmare of a client. This woman is still showing 0 signs of remorse. She is such a narcissistic manipulative sub-human. I don't see it working. That jury seems rock solid, and is going to come back w/ DP. I hope..

I had not intended on watching more coverage, but I can't seem to look away. Course today w/ handsome Dr. Horn (Rob Lowe should play him in the Lifetime movie), I just know I'm going to get sucked in. LOL

Maybe I'll just watch until Juan M's done w/ his part of the trial. I know I'll want to throw things at the screen when DT trots out more of their ridiculous experts.

I hope they don't drag this phase out, but w/ this trial, that's too much to hope for.
Great post ilubcatnip.

I'm not up-to-date on this part of a trial. Can new "experts" be introduced at this point?

I'm going to borrow fl's idea from last week and suggest if Squirmy is involved just put him on loop. It would probably be quicker overall.

Does anyone know if either side can introduce anything new such as interviews or evidence the jury wasn't allowed to see?

Thanks in advance for any and all answers.

MSR

Old 05-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,236,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Praise the Lord, I've been healed !!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing that would have made this better is if Granny would have had a neck brace and seeing eye dog ! What a family.

Don
Who told granny to put the balm on?

Old 05-09-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
See that is my problem with life without porole. JA is such a narcisassistic sociopath that she would have the toughest "women" inmates protecting her and the male guards too probably. Like you said the 3 hole wonder. So I have to go with death because I know she would be locked down 23 hours aday and she said she would want death but what everyone is forgetting she would STILL be an old lady when that happens because of the appeals. So I want her to get death not because she wants it,but because she thinks she will get the needle in like a year or so when it will probably be more like 30 or 40. Sure she can still mapiulate the guards but she will not have the satisfaction of having the whole prison kissing her butt. I just get the feeling she is that good like Dr Drew said.
I'm not as certain about other inmates/ convicted felons protecting ARIAS vs. themselves FROM her.

I do understand your overall point and agree the guards could br tempted/bribed. However, I tend to think those working with death row inmates potentiallu are more trained/ experienced in how to deal with sociopaths and borderline PD inmates compared to a county jail guard. Not sure everyone finds "the 3 hole wonder" attractive at any level.

The saying, "Men will be men." - I honestly do not know if that is true of Death row guards who know ARIAS feels/displays no remorse for murdering "the love of her life" hrs. after sexual activity. I tend to think that fact would be a turnoff for many who might be tempted with a prisoner convicted of something like Fraud.

MSR

Old 05-09-2013, 12:23 PM

OMG, I saw a longer version of JA's interview, and one telling thing..well there were many, but..one thing that was so mind-boggling was when asked what she would do differently next time around if she's in the desert driving away w/ blood on her hands...her response - go to Mesa PD.

Not that she wouldn't kill Travis. Or do any of the other horrible things she did prior to the murder or since. So she's still not acknowledging her terrible actions and behavior.

Who gives an interview 20 mins after getting a Murder 1 verdict? Even at the time of verdict, she had that flat affect. She is scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
LMAO! I would have loved that just to see Nancy Grace stroke out if clerk read "not guilty", then granny did her thing, and Judge Stevens came back with "psych"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sco
Who told granny to put the balm on?
Yeah, no one knows what a balm's gonna do!

I'd love for someone to make a movie with Jackie Chiles from Seinfeld and Saul from Breaking Bad as the defense team.

Actually Lou Diamond Phillips would make a great Juan Martinez.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:03 PM

31,971 posts, read 36,604,313 times
If you really want to punish her.... give her a vibrator with no batteries and make her watch Nancy Grace 24 hours a day.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If you really want to punish her.... give her a vibrator with no batteries and make her watch Nancy Grace 24 hours a day.
The latter is plenty cruel and unusual punishment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime