U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 08:16 PM

16,042 posts, read 18,971,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Your book isn't the biggest book on the block, nor is it societies wishes. IF what you are saying is true, and there is absolutely no evidence to that fact, she had many outlets available to her, to get out from underneath her situation. Murder isn't one of them. Society, as a whole, doesn't condone it. Her sentence was proper.
No doubt. If he were a real abuser she would have gotten a restraining order against him and stayed as far away as possible. She is an animal (no, sorry, animals have more scruples).

Old 05-09-2013, 08:17 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,155,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What a travesty. Beware! If your Mormon husband/boyfriend beats you in Arizona, you better not try to defend yourself. They phoned in the verdict from Salt Lake months ago.
Since I'm presently in UT, please explain your comment.

MSR

Old 05-09-2013, 08:24 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,017,320 times
Hi legal eagle friends. Looks like this thread is going to be around a little while, and if they decide on DP, this thread will be around for for 10 years or more... lol

I wish for all that are suffering due to Jodi's actions, that they feel even just a little bit of Light, and allow healing to begin...

Well, I'm off to Hawaii. Thinking good thoughts.. Beauty, Sunlight, Tranquility, Ocean Waves, Flowers, Mangoes, Coconuts..Joy

No HNL, I 'll have to catch up later.. Aloha Friends............

Old 05-09-2013, 08:24 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,758,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
We will never know what went on behind closed doors...abuse comes in many forms...however...at some point (if Jody is to believed that he was attacking her)..she had a duty to run for help and try to escape the situation...not continue to attack a man that was clearly incapacitated...her story did not pass the smell test...the jury reached the just verdict...
If Jodi's lips are moving, she's lying. She had a history of stalking Travis and multiple people knew about it. All of Travis's friends instantly knew who had killed him the moment they heard he was dead, even though she had moved out of the state by then. Conversely, there is no shred of evidence, not a single witness to corroborate her cries of abuse. Alyce LaViolette doesn't count since all she had to go on were the words of a pathological liar.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:25 PM

Check out the new thread on C-D about ARIAS being found guilty. It appears to me there are some very misinformed posters. A few of their comments are schocking to me.

MSR

Old 05-09-2013, 08:37 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,758,652 times
^^^ I've noticed that too...since the verdict came in, a lot of people want to add their 2 cents worth and sometimes it's not even worth that much. JA must be thrilled to know she is still able to manipulate the gullible.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:50 PM

31,999 posts, read 36,621,015 times
Greta on Fox just had more of an interview with JA. The woman sure wants everyone to believe she was a battered woman by an abusive man.

I don't buy it. She's a cold blooded murderer.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:50 PM

6,587 posts, read 6,822,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
If Jodi's lips are moving, she's lying. She had a history of stalking Travis and multiple people knew about it. All of Travis's friends instantly knew who had killed him the moment they heard he was dead, even though she had moved out of the state by then. Conversely, there is no shred of evidence, not a single witness to corroborate her cries of abuse. Alyce LaViolette doesn't count since all she had to go on were the words of a pathological liar.
My only point is knowing what I know about domestic abuse most often family members and close friends very often have no clue about the abuse...I don't think Travis was abusive to her...one bent finger is kinda pathetic...all I was saying was that even if a jury member believed he lunged for her...she had a moral duty after she incapacitated Travis to run to a safe place and call the police...not keep stabbing and stabbing...that's not self defense!!

Old 05-09-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
My only point is knowing what I know about domestic abuse most often family members and close friends very often have no clue about the abuse...I don't think Travis was abusive to her...one bent finger is kinda pathetic...all I was saying was that even if a jury member believed he lunged for her...she had a moral duty after she incapacitated Travis to run to a safe place and call the police...not keep stabbing and stabbing...that's not self defense!!
I agree using a gun, stabbing a person 29 times and slashing him from ear to ear (3 different ways to murder someone) is not self defense. It's murder and 12 jurors saw past the inaccurate facts and her lies to the jury to convict her of 1st Degree Murder.

I haven't had time to read many posts here as most of us have posted in the main ARIAS trial thread that started when the trial did. I'd invite those who are seeking the facts and want to learn more of how ARIAS stalked Travis, hacked into his email acct, Facebook, his voicemail and other can find a lot of outside factual information. Then there the episodes when she would spy on him with other dates. Did he do the same? NO!

Not one woman that Travis dated or had as a friend every complained of him abusive. The same cannot be said of ARIAS as was documented in the very precise testimony of Dr. D. I'm sure you all recall she was the staye's witness who actually tested ARIAS, got enough Hx from other sources to make accurate diagnoses of ARIAS. Past boyfriends did complain and describe ARIAS' stalking them or her abuse of them.

I did scan one post here very quickly about emails Travis sent ARIAS? Was that before OT after she hacked into his accts? ARIAS wrote many emails to others from TA's acct. Some of those referenced above may have been emails she sent herself from his acct. After all, she did create emails from a male who was supposedly stalking her. It was Sky Hughes who saw through that attempt ARiAS made at that time to keep Travis for herself.

Looking forward to some new, factual discussions here

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 05-09-2013 at 10:35 PM..

Old 05-09-2013, 10:32 PM

10,586 posts, read 10,768,019 times
Found a picture of the woman. I expected from what I heard that she was highly attractive...Looks like a bug eyed nut case to me. What I do when I see a face...if it female I imagine them as a male and vice versa...with this Jodi woman...all I see is this nasty little man...a mutant entity with out morality. This is a person who was born stupid - who imagined them self as being intelligent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime