U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 08:51 AM

2,869 posts, read 2,830,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Well her mom is white.
Yes, she is, as white as Dear Leader Barry's' mom was white, and Dear Leader Barry is and has never been labeled "white."

To label her "white" is disingenuous.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:40 AM

1,817 posts, read 2,759,127 times
Not everything has to be about race. I don't think it is relevant in this case whatsoever.

It's a trial that attracted attention because the main players were both photogenic, we have a female sociopath being tried for the death penalty and she spent 18 days testifying on the stand, which is almost unheard of. There's a bit of irony also in the fact that the murderer happened to be a shutterbug, and actually captured photos of herself killing the victim. She went on 2 tv shows thinking she was a star, telling an outrageous story about ninjas and declaring with the utmost confidence "Mark my words...no jury will ever convict me." Hollywood can't come up with this stuff.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:17 AM

8,071 posts, read 5,395,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Not everything has to be about race. I don't think it is relevant in this case whatsoever.

It's a trial that attracted attention because the main players were both photogenic, we have a female sociopath being tried for the death penalty and she spent 18 days testifying on the stand, which is almost unheard of. There's a bit of irony also in the fact that the murderer happened to be a shutterbug, and actually captured photos of herself killing the victim. She went on 2 tv shows thinking she was a star, telling an outrageous story about ninjas and declaring with the utmost confidence "Mark my words...no jury will ever convict me." Hollywood can't come up with this stuff.
Being a young attractive promiscious female is what attracts all the media buzz. We live in a society where women are still seen as inferior and are judged by their sexual activities while the superior men who also participate keep their dignity and character intact.

Most violent crimes are commited by men. From the small group of women the media will disregard the older, overweight and unfortunate looking. Then you have a case of a promiscious woman, probably the worst sin a woman can do in this society and you will have the ratings. Men judging women, women judging women. Nothing new. Society loves to call women whores and that is why you see so many references to her sexual behavior in these threads and on TV. Who cares if she sold underwear on Ebay or had anal sex? Thousands of men and women do the same thing without being murderers. A doesn't cause B.

Jodi is a psychopath, a cold blooded murderer and a manipulator. When people call her a *****, they are making the wrong association and just being misogynistic.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:29 AM

2,869 posts, read 2,830,011 times
She is very, VERY average looking to me.

And the race thing is an issue because statistically she will be classified as "white" when added to the list of sadistic sick murderers statistics - similarly as Zimmerman was labeled "white" by much of the MSM when he was not.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:47 AM

1,817 posts, read 2,759,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Being a young attractive promiscious female is what attracts all the media buzz. We live in a society where women are still seen as inferior and are judged by their sexual activities while the superior men who also participate keep their dignity and character intact.
I would call Jodi a lot of things, but not promiscuous. Certainly she enjoyed male attention, and enjoyed sex with her partners, but she wasn't sleeping with multiple people concurrently, according to anything I've read. She didn't have intercourse with Ryan Burns...we can speculate about Gus Searcy (ew!), but who knows. She even stopped sleeping with Darryl when she decided to become Mormon.

I don't think Jodi is some great beauty but I don't think Casey Anthony, Ted Bundy or Scott Peterson were the stunners the media made them out to be, either. However, compared to the likes of Aileen Wuornos or Charles Manson they are fairly photogenic. The media plays up their looks because most of the general public cannot believe the monsters who committed these terrible crimes could pass for normal and like it or not, they all attracted attention from the opposite sex.

Last edited by fruitlassie; 05-10-2013 at 11:10 AM..

Old 05-10-2013, 01:03 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,156,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Well her mom is white.
Hey CamaroGuy,

How are you doing with verdict?

In medical terminology Convict ARIAS is of mixed race so she can't be classified as white. What is sad to me about that is there are specific reasons to identify the biological parents race. There are diseases/ disorders only seen in certain races.

Watch Convict ARIAS use race as an appeal. The one who wants to be "set free" soon by death, should have zero appeals and a rapid senticing phase. She is forever recorded in Hx as stating she wants to die soon so she doesn't die "a natural death" in prison. Give her what she requested.

MSR

Old 05-10-2013, 01:09 PM

About Convict ARIAS and the suicide watch I have a slightly different view. I think she say the right buzz words to end up in a different place. I think Convict ARIAS didn't necessarily want to hear all of what others in her new pod said to her after being found guilty.

Besides, her anti-depressant should be increased, changed or a second one added. She be in much better shape with her death wish when her penalty phase starts.

MSR

Old 05-10-2013, 03:27 PM

9,529 posts, read 9,412,026 times
Well, bless my soul!

Lifetime Movie The Jodi Arias Story Is Already Filming, Set For June

Old 05-10-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Just when you thought this circus couldn't get any more bizarre, Jodi pulls another one of her stunts and ends up in a psych ward ! If they want to keep her from killing herself put her in a 10 x 10 padded cell , cut off from the world, and slip food through the door 3 times a day. But I bet that is not the way she is being kept..........probably has pickle juice, twinkies, and color tv.

As goofy as this whole fiasco has been, and continues to be, I fully expect Jodi to get her own talk show.

Don
You're too funny, Don. Would you call for, "Advice from Convict ARIAS?"

MSR

Old 05-10-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I don't know which is worse...Lifetime doing this or HLN.

Wonder who they will have play Nancy Grace? Maybe a cameo?

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime