U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 04:51 PM

195 posts, read 296,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You don't think aping the killers proven lies about him being an abusive pedophile would be hurtful to his friends and family?
Of course. She doesn't look like a good person, I think most of us agree on that. I don't buy anything she says but the recordings clearly indicate he was using her as a sex object. People don't like to be used and react violently sometimes. (men more often than women) It is just a possible consequence, no one is saying it's right, obviously it is wrong. If that was Jodi's case, then she should left that day, not kill him, but Jodi is not normal.

I don't think any of those two were very good people(Jodi and her victim). It was a match from hell

Old 02-25-2013, 05:36 PM

31,359 posts, read 19,608,770 times
Quote:
While "likeable" certainly matters....imagine you go back in the jury room and start talking facts. You have the guy hacked up and then you have a multitude of significant lies she was caught up in along with the attempts to destroy evidence and so forth.

Her only chance of getting off is a self-defense claim which has failed utterly for her....and her credibility is zero after being caught in a number of clear lies.

I fail to see how there is even any grey area around this one, I expecting a relatively short time for the jury to convict unless they get hung up quibbling over death penalty stuff.
After watching the testimony today during cross examination, I agree with you. Jodi is guilty as hell! I now believe she knowingly killed Travis out of revenge. There is no reason Jodi should have feared for her life. Even if she did, she could have easily run out of the house and left in her car forever.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:50 PM

16,017 posts, read 19,666,166 times
Quote:
I know you didn't say anything about grey area, I wasn't intending to suggest that. I agree with all your points, I am wondering how far any generated sympathy will go when the jury goes back in the room and gets down to brass tacks. I mean, one can feel sympathy for her and still give her the chair based upon the evidence.

Do you know if they ever put any offers on the table like plea to life no parole? This would seem to have been an almost perfect case for that offer....using the removal of the dp as a bargaining chip.
No, I'm not aware of any offers. Would be interesting to know. the fact they are in trial of course means they didn't accept an offer, if there was one.
Yes, this is and interesting case. And, you are right, lies will sway the jury. As is the case in many crimes of passion, if they come clean there is more sympathy. You are likely correct that this will hurt her.

I personally am not for or against her. But, I still think the Pros. may be playing it risky pounding her on some real trivial matters...But, maybe he is gonna pull out harder questions after he lulls her into thinking his questions will be all along this line.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:58 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,016,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
I think the defense should have gone for Crimes of Passion. The level of wounds shows extreme emotion consistent was jealously and/or rejection. The state doesn't have the murder weapons and the
prosecution has the burden to prove per-meditation beyond a shadow of a doubt.....

The defense then should have brought in Psychologists that show Jodi as a victim of Battered Women Syndrome, which often is emotional, not just physical abuse.
The fact that Travis continued to engage in using her for sex with no intention of furthering the relationship,is a typical behavior of emotional abuse by males, as is degrading women.

Jodi could have took the stand and stated how Travis beat her down emotionally with things he said that only she heard.
She could show Travis's secret naughty side that was sadistic sexually, because he would draw her back in, then in bed promise her a future, marriage, beautiful children. Pillow talk.

Then, immediately after reaching HIS climax, proceed to downgrade her into 'nothing to me but a *****', 'get out, ' I'm taking a real woman to Cancun'....etc. etc.

Jodi's a great actress!!!!!!!!!! She could have turn this around to make her look like the victim of a manipulating man that 'wanted his cake and to eat it too'....that only she heard the 'terrible things he said to her'. That he was a sexually suppressed Mormon.

Jodi would testify that after this a year of being his 'dirty little secret', she finally snapped, which would account for
the overkill, that she snapped into a 'blind rage'. She could say she lied to the police because she didn't think anyone would believe her, very common for battered women.

Travis was leading a double life. His friends testified to this already. They just didn't know his 'cruel side' in the bedroom.
His suppressed sexual appetite was being played out in private.

Going for self defense is going to be difficult to prove, but Travis having a secret life isn't.

I still think the defense should have gone for 'Crime of Passion". As I called it, she snapped into a 'blind rage', so she testifies.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:59 PM

12,764 posts, read 7,819,307 times
She killed him in a narcissistic rage, IMO.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:08 PM

Looks to me like this is shaping up to 2nd degree murder. Juan not successful at proving pre-meditation. However, the jury may feel sorry for her and she'll get hit with Voluntary Manslaughter, with no prior intent. A 'Crime of Passion' would have fallen under Voluntary Manslaughter.

Last edited by trinity1111; 02-25-2013 at 07:24 PM..

Old 02-25-2013, 07:18 PM

51,876 posts, read 41,765,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold on to the Nights View Post
Of course. She doesn't look like a good person, I think most of us agree on that. I don't buy anything she says but the recordings clearly indicate he was using her as a sex object. People don't like to be used and react violently sometimes. (men more often than women) It is just a possible consequence, no one is saying it's right, obviously it is wrong. If that was Jodi's case, then she should left that day, not kill him, but Jodi is not normal.

I don't think any of those two were very good people(Jodi and her victim). It was a match from hell
I absolutely understand and agree with that.....and it's nothing new.

Just a few years ago a famous retired NFL quarterback got shot in the head by his mistress for cheating on her.....

Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
I absolutely understand and agree with that.....and it's nothing new.

Just a few years ago a famous retired NFL quarterback got shot in the head by his mistress for cheating on her.....

Just a week and a half ago a famous retired Olympian shot his girlfriend 4 times after bashing her head in with a cricket bat.....

This was after a loud fight in which the neighbors called police when they heard screaming and fighting...stemming from the home of the jealous Olympian, the police found texts and communications on the i pad of his girlfriend, talking to his close friend, a rugby player. But that's a topic for another thread............

Last edited by trinity1111; 02-25-2013 at 08:54 PM..

Old 02-25-2013, 11:27 PM

9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I think the prosecutor is making mince-meat out of Jodi.

She looks for any way AT ALL to avoid answering his questions.

Her true despicable character is coming out.

I wish I could find another channel to watch this on. HLN keeps cutting out for commercials!

You can watch it live streaming on your computer.

CNN.com Live - Breaking news, live events, and today's top stories

No commercials ... no talking heads.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:15 AM

9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times
She tries every way possible to avoid answering the questions Juan asks ... the Judge needs to tell her to answer yes or no. She is carefully avoiding using certain words. When she struggles to find the right words, it's not because she doesn't really know how to express it, it is because she doesn't want to reply with a simple yes or no. Psychopaths attribute their faults onto other people.

I think her rambling is one more form of manipulation and control. Jodi is a text book psychopath. Apparently she memorized her entire question and answers portion and probably helped to prepare same with her defense team. I just wish Juan could get her to blow up but I don't think that will happen. Juan did much better on day 2 than he did the first day. I think she was getting to him later in the day with her supposed confusion on the dates he was questioning her about.

What in the world was going through her head to send Travis Alexander's grandmother 20 white irises and the family an 18 page letter.

Watching this mess I still have no idea what the jury will do. There is no comparison to the Anthony trial because Judge Perry allowed Baez to get away with many things. In addition Baez played to the jury ... good morning ladies and gentlemen ... good afternoon ladies and gentlemen of the jury. Plus Casey did not testify but she didn't have too. Jodi has too testify and I wish she would throw those fake glasses away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime