U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2013, 08:40 AM

17,628 posts, read 11,194,230 times

Advertisements

No, your questions are not offending but the evidence (the OVERWHELMING evidence) points to Jodi not being abused as she claims, and she is simply a crazy b***h who slaughtered Travis. Most, if not all of us on here, have concluded that she is simply a very creative, good liar who is able to concoct whatever story is needed to fit the current situation.

"Normal" people like us have a hard time wrapping our head around how someone like this thinks. There are lots of examples of people who do things that we can't comprehend, like the Boston bombers, the guy in Cleveland who thought it was ok to hold 14 year old girls for years for his own pleasure, and now, Jodi Arias. There is something missing from their brains that we regular folks have that keeps us law abiding and civil.

The other thing that confuses us is that evil does not always come in a recognizable package. Ted Bundy was a normal, handsome guy. Jodi Arias is a sort of pretty young lady. We expect monsters like them to look like monsters, and sometimes they are someone you could pass on the street and never suspect they would be capable of something like what they did.

No, Jodi is guilty as hell, planned the murder, and thought she was smart enough to commit the perfect crime. Her lies about the abuse and pedophilia were simply added in later when plan A went down the tubes, so it was time for plan B. This latest psych ward thing is just plan C.

Don

Old 05-11-2013, 08:49 AM

5,878 posts, read 5,733,429 times
don1945 - I think you understand my thinking perfectly.. she does not "look" like a monster.

Relating this to religious/spirituality, the Bible tells us that mankind is basically depraved.. that means that God is keeping the worst from happening much of the time, because not everyone exhibits depravity in its utter extent.. but it looks like sometimes the curtain is pulled back once in a while so that we can see that depravity is reality and what mankind is capable of.

I believe we are seeing in recent news just how bad mankind can get if given the chance.

I think also my mind cannot comprehend how someone can be so evil when on the outside they appear "normal" and not monstrous.

by the way, Im not defending her,, i just watch her face and cannnot comprehend the evil that she has done.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:55 AM

8,071 posts, read 5,399,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
You are right, i haven't been watching this thoroughly. I know that she did kill the man brutally. I am not feeling sorry for her. But she has a face that "looks" like she would not be that kind of person. I think I can't wrap my brain around the fact that someone can do this.

And I keep remembering that one of her claims was that she was abused by him allegedly.. (maybe she made that part up too)...

I think my watching her on tv.. all i thought of is, since i haven't been following - was she the victim of a wife battering, like that TV movie The Burning Bed and others. and now she is going to be put to death because of her crimes, and what if she was a victim and now put to death? I'm sorry this is what was going thru my head..

I apologize to anyone I am offending by my questions.
I don't think you are offending anybody.

Jodi tried to say that but there was no evidence of physical abuse. They had broken up and she would try to follow him everywhere he went. Travis knew she was obsessive but he enjoyed the sex so he allowed her to follow him. An abuse victim is not gonna follow their abuser.

The only thing Travis did wrong was treat her like a piece of meat. He knew she wan't normal but Travis also was a little egocentric himself and these type of people are incapable of seeing the damage they do to other people. They spoke a lot over the phone like good friends do. It was not just booty calls setting up a meeting time. This in my opinion send the wrong signals which added fuel to the fire. If she was a regular girl eventually she would just stopped following him. But Jodi is a psychpathic narcissist that was used to always getting her way so she didn't read Travis well. She thought they were coming back because she is so damn great in her own mind

My theory is that at some point she realized he was never gonna take her seriously (probably in a phone conversation before the murder) and she planned to hurt him because her ego is so big she couldn't let Travis get his way. Jodi is an egocentric maniac that will do anything to get her way. In my opinion it was a not case of self defense or "if I can't have you no one can't" but it was a case of "I'm gonna win this one"

Old 05-11-2013, 09:36 AM

1,817 posts, read 2,760,193 times
More proof of Jodi's extreme narcissism. She sent an email to Prepaid Legal shortly after she was arrested, asking them to imply her innocence if she was mentioned during their memorial to Travis. Wouldn't that be anyone's first priority?

Exclusive: E-mail Jodi sent to Travis' employer | HLNtv.com

Old 05-11-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Me too the, she doesn't want to face them in person ... she is the star of this show. The Alexander family and others deserve their time when victim impart statements are made. Arias will have people there begging for her life and I am sure Nurmi didn't ask that they be videotaped too.

Nothing surprises me with Arias anymore. She thinks she is the Queen of Phoenix.
There are victims' rights laws in Arizona so the family has the right to speak to her face to face in court. I am positive the motion will be denied.

I heard a rumor that Jodi's sister, Angela, mentioned on her Facebook page that her lawyers want off the case. I don't know how to find her page to confirm that, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. What a nightmare client JA must be...I think they were horrified that she did that interview with Troy Hayden.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:56 AM

17,628 posts, read 11,194,230 times
The defense raised the question of why she didn't kill him somewhere other than the shower if that was her goal, and I think I have the answer. By killing him in the shower she could rinse any evidence off of his body that she was there. All she had to do was turn on the water and any hair or DNA of hers would go down the drain. If she had left his body anywhere else there might have been something linking her to the crime left behind.

Don

Old 05-11-2013, 10:07 AM

313 posts, read 351,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
More proof of Jodi's extreme narcissism. She sent an email to Prepaid Legal shortly after she was arrested, asking them to imply her innocence if she was mentioned during their memorial to Travis. Wouldn't that be anyone's first priority?

Exclusive: E-mail Jodi sent to Travis' employer | HLNtv.com
Wow, she is some piece of work. The way her brain works, or rather does not work, is a scary look inside the mind of a nutjob.

I'm trying to wean myself off HLN (good for you snowchaser, I'm trying too), but not there yet. Last night on Dr. Drew, they played a rather perky voice mail JA left for the Fox reporter on the Sunday prior to verdict.

She told him to come to the court house right away if she got Murder 1, but if she got M2 or M3, then she wanted to be interviewed after sentencing. I wish I could remember her exact words but they were very crafty implying she has some things she would be setting into motion if she got M1/Death penalty.

It's making sense now the whole she wants death over life i.e. psych ward transfer where she can visit family, watch herself on TV, etc. Also why she had make-up on the day of verdict, and how her reaction during the verdict was so rehearsed.

The woman is incapable of genuine emotion Even the part about her mom seemed so fake though for once she actually had tears in her eyes unlike the usual nose getting red, but no tears or furrowed brow like one would typically have while crying.

She manipulates or at least tries to manipulate every one she comes into contact with. This reporter was so desperate for an interview, he didn't mind being sucked in. I agree w/ you guys though in that JA played him like a fiddle.

About the twitter account, can't remember if I heard it on HLN or read it somewhere - apparently Sheriff Joe didn't have anything to do w/ this, Donovan her(?)self temporarily suspended it. Ugh. We might see JA tweeting again via Donovan? Surely now that she's a convicted felon, something can be done, no?

I had never seen this Donovan person until recently. Yikes! So it's this woman who was her "lesbian lover" w/ whom "she wants to run off to Europe and have children" (this info courtesy of National Enquirer)???

Like JA wouldn't have dumped her ass the minute she got what she wanted out of her.
The irony is pathetic people like this Donovan don't realize that these murderers they cozy up to would kill them w/o a second thought, like the Ted Bundy groupies who looked just like his victim profile.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:06 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,308,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
There are victims' rights laws in Arizona so the family has the right to speak to her face to face in court. I am positive the motion will be denied.

I heard a rumor that Jodi's sister, Angela, mentioned on her Facebook page that her lawyers want off the case. I don't know how to find her page to confirm that, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. What a nightmare client JA must be...I think they were horrified that she did that interview with Troy Hayden.
Good ... that concerned me ... Arias needs to face the Alexander family that has been there day in and day out no matter how painful it was. In that Hayden Fox news interview she said she couldn't look at the Alexander family during the trial because they all look like Travis, the man that abused her. I didn't think Judge Stephens would approve such a motion anyway.

Arias is so conniving and manipulating the wheels are always turning in her head. I wonder what will happen Wednesday if Arias pulls a psychotic episode to avoid going to court. We have been through 3 migraines and a psycho event should be easy for her.

Nurmi has always wanted off the case. LOL I bet if he had really told the truth in his closing arguments he wouldn't have said he didn't like her at all ... instead of not liking her 9 out of 10 days. In the mother's letter she said Nurmi wanted to started his own law practice but that could wait until after he saved Arias. He has a website so apparently he must have gone ahead and opened a private practice.

The day of the verdict Willmott left the court crying. I think both lawyers finally realize they have no control over the whack-o Arias. But this late in the game they cannot be dismissed from the case.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:28 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,910,143 times
As calculating as Jodi is, I absolutely believe her Travis abuse stories whether documented or not and probably two fold.
Their relationship behaviors were stuck in typical dysfunctional abuse cycle. Just my opinion though.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:48 PM

^^^ I'm sorry but I don't think you could be more wrong. Just a few reasons why I say that:

-Jodi was in jail for 3 YEARS before she ever started crying abuse. She ONLY resorted to the self-defense claim after it became clear to her that her previous story about ninjas was not going to fly in the courtroom.

-Jodi was stalking Travis after they broke up, and there are at least a dozen if not more people to corroborate this. Tire slashings (multiple), threatening emails to his new girlfriend, breaking into his online accounts, entering his home without permission and peeping through his windows. What abused woman would be brazen enough to do all of that???

-Jodi claims he broke her finger long before the murder, but nobody has ever come forward to say that they saw her with an injured finger until after the murder. She may have sliced a tendon while stabbing him but the "bent finger" comes and goes (mostly goes, except when she was asked to show it on the witness stand).

-Jodi chose to drive from California to Arizona "on a whim" to share CDs of her travels with this horrible abuser that she was so frightened of, who had not two weeks prior told HER that she was a sociopath. You may argue that people stay in abusive relationships, blah blah...that can sometimes be true when someone has no place else to go, shared children, no financial means, fear the abuser is going to come after them, etc. Travis wanted her to leave him alone! She didn't even live in the same state any more. Why would she put herself in harm's way?

-Jodi is a pathological liar who forges emails, letters, creates fictional characters and even lies in her personal journals. Why would you believe ANYTHING she ever says?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime