U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2013, 04:30 PM

4,758 posts, read 6,553,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
There hasn't been a peep from the Sheriff's office explaining why they ok'd the interview. All I can think of is that they want to give her enough rope to hang herself with (figuratively if not literally...lol!). I do NOT think her lawyers were ok with it at all. But she may have given JM a gift because she certainly didn't paint herself in a sympathetic light at all. JM will not hesitate to use her own words against her.
I saw an on-camera interview with Joe Arpaio (sp) about why he allowed this interview after the verdict.

His answer was they have a very open door policy about interviews with the media, and if a prisoner complies with the rules (filling out various forms, etc), they allow them to take place. He implied that Jodi was not treated any differently in this regard.

Of course, he loves the camera though, so I am sure on some level he LIKED the idea that she was doing this interview.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:28 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,962,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Travis Alexander's blog is still online ... he was in the process of writing a book, "Raising You" on down in the blog May 2008.

Travis Alexander's Being Better Blog

His My Space site is still up:

Travis on Myspace

Arias still has a My Space:

Jodi Arias on Myspace

I would think they both left My Space and entered the world of Facebook.
An interesting comment Travis posted on Jodi's page...

"I wonder how much you raise the hotness level of Yreka all by yourself, factoring in its per capita hot stats before you came, I am sure it has raised exponentially."

Isn't premarital sex against the Mormon faith? But yet he was sleeping with her when he baptized her and she was his "dirty little secret." We don't even need to talk about his "You sound like a 12 year old girl having her first orgasm... That is so hot" voicemail message.

While he most certainly didn't deserve to die it's pretty obvious he was not even close to being the perfect churchgoing Mormon that people make him out to be...

Old 05-12-2013, 11:15 PM

17,664 posts, read 11,220,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post

While he most certainly didn't deserve to die it's pretty obvious he was not even close to being the perfect churchgoing Mormon that people make him out to be...

Are any of us the perfect person we could be ??? I certainly am not, and I bet most people aren't either. We are human, and humans make mistakes and have weaknesses.

Don

Old 05-13-2013, 12:14 AM

8,071 posts, read 5,406,610 times
Quote:

"I wonder how much you raise the hotness level of Yreka all by yourself, factoring in its per capita hot stats before you came, I am sure it has raised exponentially."

Isn't premarital sex against the Mormon faith? But yet he was sleeping with her when he baptized her and she was his "dirty little secret." We don't even need to talk about his "You sound like a 12 year old girl having her first orgasm... That is so hot" voicemail message.

I think the religion was part of the problem. It is quite possible she was blackmailing him, but he did use strong words for a woman he slept with. Maybe he felt dirty and he was just projecting. I don't buy that he was trying to scare her away with the strong language. That is just as fictional as Jodi self defense story. He wanted to hurt her with his words.

Travis told Arias "if X person really knew who you are they would spit on your face" and called her a **** and 3 hole wonder

Unfortunately as we can see here many people think there was nothing wrong with that language and it is ok to treat other human beings like that. It only becomes a problem when you are the one being told that stuff. Reality is humans especially psychos have big egos and when you mess up with people's egos you are playing with fire and asking for trouble.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:19 AM

4,758 posts, read 6,553,891 times
Travis wouldn't be the first man with a madonna/wh*re complex - but he certainly didn't deserve to be slaughtered for it.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:54 AM

8,071 posts, read 5,406,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Travis wouldn't be the first man with a madonna/wh*re complex - but he certainly didn't deserve to be slaughtered for it.
No he didn't deserve to die. Most people don't deserve to die young. However he put himself in harm's way. Anyone treating another human in such undignified way is asking for trouble.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:47 AM

9,917 posts, read 9,317,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I think the religion was part of the problem. It is quite possible she was blackmailing him, but he did use strong words for a woman he slept with. Maybe he felt dirty and he was just projecting. I don't buy that he was trying to scare her away with the strong language. That is just as fictional as Jodi self defense story. He wanted to hurt her with his words.

Travis told Arias "if X person really knew who you are they would spit on your face" and called her a **** and 3 hole wonder

Unfortunately as we can see here many people think there was nothing wrong with that language and it is ok to treat other human beings like that. It only becomes a problem when you are the one who is being treated like that. Personally I wouldn't appreciate if people wanted to spit on my face.

You are wrong ... not one person that has posted here during this trial has condoned the language Travis used nor the language Arias used either. You just joined in April ... check the date this post started ... in January. Are you a member of Jodie Is Innocent website?

In July 2011 she asked for a deal and if she didn't get the deal she would drag Travis Alexander, the Alexander family and the LDS families through the mud. Is that OK to treat other human beings like that???

He told her he was not going to marry her.
He didn't call the law when she was creeping and peeping around his house ... that is against the law.
She slashed his tires on his BMW ... he didn't call the law and that is against the law.
She sneaked in and hid behind his Christmas tree to spy on him ... he did not call the law.
There is many more stalking cases and Travis did nothing, absolutely nothing.
She shows up, uninvited in June 2008 and entered the house without being invited.

When he finally lost it, it seem to be the only way to get rid of her. I don't even think calling her all those bad names did the deed ... it was the trip to Cancun that did it ... the names didn't come up until she was sitting in jail for a long period of time and the wheels were turning in that head of hers ... abuse ... pedophile ... forging letters.

What kind of woman would keep on and on and on when he had made it clear it was over. Not a person posting has said "YES" he should have called her those awful names ... not a person posting has said "YES" he should have had marathon sex with her ... but every single person has said one thing ... Travis Alexander did not deserve to die like that, slaughtered. No Human Being Deserves To Die Like That, It Is Not OK To Treat Other Human Beings Like That.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:29 AM

15,178 posts, read 13,464,663 times
Quote:

Hmmm.....shades of pedophilia?

Maybe Jodi wasn't lying about that.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:06 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,040,227 times
Jodi lied about so much though her whole life is a lie...such a shame we won't know about that since every word out of her mouth was a lie. Annie it's obvious you think travis got what he deserved....can we look in your closet to see how perfect you are? oh that's right your the one who said TA was not a decent person..who goes around making such judgmental comments about someone??...there goes your credibility right there. It's like your hung up on something and your projecting on to TA...whatever...I am just glad someone told me about the "ignore" feature. C-YA!!

Last edited by snowchaser2002; 05-13-2013 at 05:17 AM..

Old 05-13-2013, 07:01 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,772,636 times
I will be the first to admit I find Travis to be a hypocrite. And it is obvious to me, Jodi was good enough to sleep with, but he did not consider her good enough to marry. I have no doubt, if Travis had lived, he would have found a virginal Latter Day Saint bride, and married in the temple.

That being aside, Jodi is crazy. The guy wanted it over. He treated her like a ho, so she would dump him. She did not, so he escalated it.

Jodi deserves the death penalty. She is scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime