Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2013, 01:12 PM

313 posts, read 401,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
If she gets LWOP, for the first 2 years at least she will be in maximum custody, which is very similar to being on death row. After 2 years she might be allowed to move down to medium custody.

Jodi Arias verdict: What life will be like behind bars for Jodi Arias
Well poop. That's not right, but I guess that's how it's done. The witch is going to have fun taking advantage of her notoriety & hold court w/ her pod mates.

Thanks for that info, fruitlassie. BTW, your pal (and mine LOL) Dr. horn is testifying right now.
JW isn't doing too bad a job cross-examining him.

I just watched JM's opening statement in the aggravation phase. He rocked! He kept it short and didn't raise his voice. I thought he was very effective even though poor guy was interrupted at least twice by DT's objections.

Even Nurmi who I absolutely cannot stand was not as bad as usual. He kept it short too, and was less slow and plodding than usual.

Anyone know which counties the other 2 death row female inmates are from? One of the 3's sentence was recently commuted to LOP leaving Adriano and Forte. I'm just wondering if Maricopa County might make a difference, and this jury won't fall for JA's antics w/ making Travis the bad guy. I'm hoping they come back w/ DP, but I'm not holding my breath.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:13 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,158,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcatnip View Post
Well poop. That's not right, but I guess that's how it's done. The witch is going to have fun taking advantage of her notoriety & hold court w/ her pod mates.

Thanks for that info, fruitlassie. BTW, your pal (and mine LOL) Dr. horn is testifying right now.
JW isn't doing too bad a job cross-examining him.

I just watched JM's opening statement in the aggravation phase. He rocked! He kept it short and didn't raise his voice. I thought he was very effective even though poor guy was interrupted at least twice by DT's objections.

Even Nurmi who I absolutely cannot stand was not as bad as usual. He kept it short too, and was less slow and plodding than usual.

Anyone know which counties the other 2 death row female inmates are from? One of the 3's sentence was recently commuted to LOP leaving Adriano and Forte. I'm just wondering if Maricopa County might make a difference, and this jury won't fall for JA's antics w/ making Travis the bad guy. I'm hoping they come back w/ DP, but I'm not holding my breath.
I hope she stays in max custody if she doesn't get the DP sentence. I think it's still too good for her...I would take away the cable tv for sure.

It was good to have Dr. Horn back, but the camera kept panning to Ms. Crocodile Tears instead of him!

Here's an article about the other women on AZ Death Row. Wendi and Debra were both from Maricopa County and the third woman was from Pima County (Tucson area):

Women on death row in Arizona

Wendi had small kids and it didn't save her from the DP...the only real mitigating factor Jodi has is that she had no prior criminal record. Maybe someone will stand up and say what a terrific person she is. Who would do it...her mom, her aunt? Donavan the convicted arsonist?

Old 05-15-2013, 04:14 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,599,533 times
Jodi looked like she thought she could kill Martinez with her eyes when he started his opening statement today. Funny, though. She says she wants the death penalty so she really should have been very happy with his arguments!

Old 05-15-2013, 04:23 PM

941 posts, read 1,907,355 times
Ya she is a trip to watch. During the 2 minute silence she turned her face she looked like she still wanted to peek and throw some eye darts at the jury. Otherwise she kinda looks bored.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:27 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,713,555 times
I think Juan M did a fantastic job and did something very respectful IMO. I think that 2 minutes of silence was primarily for effect, but also to have a moment of silence to honor Travis' passing. I gain more respect for Juan all the time, and wish he had been the prosecutor in the Casey Anthony trial. Not that having him there would have made those 12 dummies any smarter, but maybe his passion would have swayed them just a little. It would have been interesting to see Jose Biaz up against a really tough opponent.

Don

Old 05-15-2013, 04:46 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,565,189 times
Different Jodi...not as confident anymore...it looks like she is starting to realize that at least sh is not allowed to show up in front of the camera for another interview and another 15 min. of fame.

Further to me it looks like she is not going to ask for the death penalty by herself, but then again you never know how famous Jodi wants to become...and remembred.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:12 PM

Next will be death penalty fase...Cruelty proven...of course! these jurors have common sense and the prosecutor is one of the best or perhaps THE BEST!

Old 05-15-2013, 05:21 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,713,555 times
I bet that stupid "Jodi Arias is Innocent" site is really disappointed now. Time to print more T shirts to raise money for battered women.

Don

Old 05-15-2013, 05:52 PM

500 posts, read 374,608 times
The jury has found her "eligible for the death penalty".

When does the final decision come down?

Old 05-15-2013, 07:56 PM

Probably tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime