U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2013, 08:29 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,156,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Jodi looked like she thought she could kill Martinez with her eyes when he started his opening statement today. Funny, though. She says she wants the death penalty so she really should have been very happy with his arguments!
I haven't seen any of the coverage or been able to read any of this for several days. But, I think that is FUNNY, Fox Terrier.

I noticed the headlines said Convict ARIAS had been taken off her suicide watch. Glad she's feeling better so they can get this done.

MSR

Old 05-15-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think Juan M did a fantastic job and did something very respectful IMO. I think that 2 minutes of silence was primarily for effect, but also to have a moment of silence to honor Travis' passing. I gain more respect for Juan all the time, and wish he had been the prosecutor in the Casey Anthony trial. Not that having him there would have made those 12 dummies any smarter, but maybe his passion would have swayed them just a little. It would have been interesting to see Jose Biaz up against a really tough opponent.

Don
Good post, Don.

I agree, JM is a ROCK STAR of Prosecutors. I hope never to meet him in court.

I don't know about the FL 12, maybe his passion and crystal clear instructions and rapid fire ability to give it back "respectfully" to the DT would have made a difference. We can't go back, but darn I hope we can learn for this one (and the jury that found the abortion doctor guilty of the charges). I think so many in the U.S. had their confidence in juries really shaken after Anthony. I hope ARIAS is a HUGE first step to both healing and deterring others from violent crimes killing other human beings.

Cool that Juan took time for Travis.

MSR

Old 05-15-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Different Jodi...not as confident anymore...it looks like she is starting to realize that at least sh is not allowed to show up in front of the camera for another interview and another 15 min. of fame.

Further to me it looks like she is not going to ask for the death penalty by herself, but then again you never know how famous Jodi wants to become...and remembred.
Famous enough to be wrong. NO jury was going to convict her, remember?

Does anyone have a quick link to where ARIAS isn't allowed to give more interviews if that is what happened, or did Squirmy and Willmott shut her up?

Well darn, they have her on tape last week asking for a "quick death" since she is healthy and her family tends to live for a long time. If nothing else hopefully more can see how rapidly her story changes to fit what is best for CONVICT ARIAS that day.

MSR

Old 05-15-2013, 08:44 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,177,890 times
I don't know...........Jodi all of a sudden doesn't seem so anxious and happy to be meeting her maker. Just one more of her lies that she prefers death.............like I said earlier, she will be clawing the walls as they drag her to the chamber.

It will be very interesting to see the victim's families statements. That one Sister looks like she has an earful saved up to unload on Jodi, she has been chomping at the bit during the whole trial and looks like she is ready to tear into Jodi.

Don

Old 05-15-2013, 08:52 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,759,127 times
Jodi will have an opportunity to speak on her own behalf after the victim impact statements, and her family and friends can beg for her life as well. Maybe we'll just hear crickets at that point.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Jodi will have an opportunity to speak on her own behalf after the victim impact statements, and her family and friends can beg for her life as well. Maybe we'll just hear crickets at that point.
Collective vomit bags will be passed around, right? I mean before CONVICT and MOTHER ARIAS? Will the good Lord perform another miracle that day and Granny may be mobile too? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssss sssssssseeeeeeeeeeee tell me they have a time limit or something to shut them up.

I think I'd have to walk out of that courtroom if I were there.

If I were JM, I'd just show her video from last week asking for a quick death and emphasizing again how much she made Travis suffer when she killed him.

BTW - are the alternate jurors still involved or not?

Thanks for all the good info

MSR

Old 05-15-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I don't know...........Jodi all of a sudden doesn't seem so anxious and happy to be meeting her maker. Just one more of her lies that she prefers death.............like I said earlier, she will be clawing the walls as they drag her to the chamber.

It will be very interesting to see the victim's families statements. That one Sister looks like she has an earful saved up to unload on Jodi, she has been chomping at the bit during the whole trial and looks like she is ready to tear into Jodi.

Don
Can't wait to hear that. Wonder if she was the one old Alyce talked to?

They can say whatever they wait, can't they, as long as they don't threaten her with bodily harm etc.? I mean they can tell her what scum she is, what PPP she is (send me a DM if you don't know what that means), and how she is on borrowed time at AZ residents expense.

I feel badly for the Alexander family. I think they should bring all their relatives too and EVERYONE should get a chance to tell CONVICT ARIAS what they think of her killing TA.

MSR

Old 05-15-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office was slapped with a court order Tuesday prohibiting it from approaching Jodi Arias with requests for media interviews.

Sheriff's officials said they would comply.

On Monday, Arias was taken off suicide watch and transferred back to the all-female Estrella Jail.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said Arias will remain there "on closed custody status." She is alone in a cell and is being allowed out one hour each day to access phone calls and showers.

Judge to MCSO: Don't approach Arias with media requests - CBS 5 - KPHO

In addition one reporter (CBS5az) posted Judge Stephens has denied Nurmi's motion that the victim's impact statements be video taped. The victims will speak live in court.
Ah, here's the info forcing CONVICT ARIAS TO SHUT UP! Let's hope MOTHER ARIAS and others, including Donovan, feel like they need to fill in the empty space.

Why is she getting phone calls? I doubt it's Squirmy......

Thanks CW,

MSR

Old 05-15-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
^^^ Let's see, what's worse...lying about virginity vs. lying about murdering someone, lying about that person being an abuser and pedophile, lying about people that never existed, lying to cops, lying under oath, lying to pretty much everyone she ever came into contact with.

She also lied about wanting the death penalty since her lawyers filed a motion the very next morning trying to get the death penalty taken off the table (it was denied).
Nice summary, fruitlassie. Can't rep you or I would.

MSR

Old 05-15-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
I don't believe for a second Travis abused her. He may have insulted her, sure, but that doesn't equate to abuse. Jodi lied twice about this and she's the only person who says that Travis abused her. What she did to him is reprehensible and vile with no compassion or remorse.
AMEN. I hope this gets repeated many ways, many times during this phase of CONVICT ARIAS' trial.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime