U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 03:20 PM

3,904 posts, read 6,195,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Get yourself educated about domestic violence. Not to stay in victim mentality, I'm personally offended by the comment.
As I am too! I so DESPISE abuse, mistreatment, and disrespect that women have to endure in society!!!

Old 05-16-2013, 03:36 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,758,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Get yourself educated about domestic violence. Not to stay in victim mentality, I'm personally offended by the comment.
Are you one of Jodi's personal friends or hangers-on that run her website? If not, then what exactly are you offended by? Are you offended that other people on a public message board don't believe a pathological liar/murderer?

I know plenty about domestic violence, and I know that the only victim in this case was Travis Alexander. Jodi's stories change every time she tells them. She didn't start crying abuse until she ran out of other possible defenses, three years after she was arrested. If you want to believe her, that's your prerogative. There are people on this board that still believe OJ is innocent...lol.

Last edited by fruitlassie; 05-16-2013 at 03:56 PM..

Old 05-16-2013, 04:19 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,150,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcatnip View Post
MSR, I love how you're calling her CONVICT Arias now.

BTW, you asked earlier whether bringing in experts was allowed in these phases of the trial. Apparently they could have yesterday but chose not to. Wonder if it had anything to do w/ the closed hearings after convict JA's interview where DT wanted off the case.

I'm glad they didn't b/c things went quickly yesterday. Juan was on fire. Loved him! This Maricopa County jury is restoring my faith in juries, which suffered greatly after OJ & Casey.

I thought they could too b/c I could have sworn I've seen that e.g. at Dahmer's trial. However, Beth Karas said this morn HLN, they can only talk about how losing Travis has been extremely difficult for them. She said for example, they can't plead directly to the jury to give JA death. Beth is the most reasonable person on HLN, & seems to check her facts. Can someone confirm what all family of TA can say?

IIUC, TA's siblings Samantha (if she's the sis that spoke at his memorial service, she's going to be very impactful) and Stephen will speak.

Anyone think JA will take the stand? For any shot at all at LWOP, she has to say she's sorry and mean it, but we know she won't mean it even if she somehow says contrite words.

The JA show is going to continue for yrs w/ all her appeals. Sigh. We will not see the last of this horrible person for a long long time.
iluvcatnip,

Thanks for the info. It sounds like this phase could go fast. ( I hope - we're all tired). While I'm not personally interested or looking forward to the Zimmerman trial, I would look forward to the IRS thing, the women in OH etc. - anything to get the attention away from CONVICT ARIAS.

Yah, I started writing her name on after the jury CONVICTED her for a few reasons. We had MOTHER ARIAS who wrote that bizarre letter to one judge years ago, then we have the grandmother (who might be an ARIAS or not, I don't know). I just know she could book it when CONVICT ARIAS heard what the jury's verdict was.

While I think there are many things BIZARRO in that family to the best of my knowledge no one else has been CONVICTED of murdering anyone. CONVICT ARIAS has problems with fog and getting people confused etc. She has also stated she use to talk to her sister about "boy issues" for lack of a better term. I don't want any confusion about who has been CONVICTED in that family vs. who may just may be off for whatever reasons.

Besides, she said, "No jury will ever convict me." It does help restore my faith that 12 people who talk, review evidence and know when they are being lied to, let alone review the expert testimony can arrive at this conclusion I have hope for other trials.

I hope someday those 12 in FL will have a movie made about them or other. Where is Lifetime when there is a real story to tell? Were they just tired, couldn't comprehend the scientific evidence, had other plans or somehow charmed by Chaney Mason etc.? Who knows. Maybe someday we will.

Meanwhile, thanks to the jury in AZ, we have CONVICT ARIAS.

MSR

Old 05-16-2013, 04:25 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,150,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
As I am too! I so DESPISE abuse, mistreatment, and disrespect that women have to endure in society!!!
I think for a public board with posters from everywhere we have been quite united in our belief that both men and women are abused in Domestic Situations. I think the overwhelming opinion is that CONVICT ARIAS was not a battered woman.

I apologize CamaroGuy as I know you weren't the one who wrote the comment. I liked your comment as I honesty believe that is how those who post here feel too. I do.

Anyone could start a list that all could add to of resources for MEN and WOMEN who are victims of Domestic Abuse. We could add to a list as we find more resources.

MSR

Old 05-16-2013, 07:31 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,879,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Are you one of Jodi's personal friends or hangers-on that run her website? If not, then what exactly are you offended by? Are you offended that other people on a public message board don't believe a pathological liar/murderer?

I know plenty about domestic violence, and I know that the only victim in this case was Travis Alexander. Jodi's stories change every time she tells them. She didn't start crying abuse until she ran out of other possible defenses, three years after she was arrested. If you want to believe her, that's your prerogative. There are people on this board that still believe OJ is innocent...lol.
Circular.....This has all been said.

You weren't addressed, but I was kind enough to reply. Seems we have a difference in opinion that offends you, it's your issue.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:44 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,162,634 times
It's really amazing how this trial and murder have polarized people to one side or the other. I think the reason it has had such an impact is that most of us "sane" people have a hard time getting our heads around someone like Jodi Arias. We expect evil murderers to look like Charles Manson and we don't expect them to come in a 5'5" 32 year old girl form like Jodi Arias.

This was one of the days I was looking forward to in this trial, to finally get to hear the voices and feelings of his family members. It was so hard to listen to their pain and anger without getting choked up. I can not begin to imagine what they have gone through and will continue to live through because of this senseless, horrible crime. My heart and prayers go out to them.

Don

Old 05-16-2013, 08:09 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,879,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
It's really amazing how this trial and murder have polarized people to one side or the other. I think the reason it has had such an impact is that most of us "sane" people have a hard time getting our heads around someone like Jodi Arias. We expect evil murderers to look like Charles Manson and we don't expect them to come in a 5'5" 32 year old girl form like Jodi Arias.

This was one of the days I was looking forward to in this trial, to finally get to hear the voices and feelings of his family members. It was so hard to listen to their pain and anger without getting choked up. I can not begin to imagine what they have gone through and will continue to live through because of this senseless, horrible crime. My heart and prayers go out to them.

Don
Typically they don't look like satan, part of the misconception of domestic violence.
Male or female, they come from all socioeconomic groups, religions, ethnic group and appearance.

My heart goes out to Alexander family as well, a stressful trial and justice doesn't bring back Travis.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:04 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,037,303 times
I have been busy with work the last few days and have not been watching this phase of the trial so I was surprised to see TA sister and brother already giving the victim impact statement. Anyways I had tears in my eyes the whole time Steven and Samantha spoke. I am not sure what the jury will do,I just hope his family can somhow find peace. It was interesting that Jeankasauras noted that none of the Jury had tears during this part and it does not mean anything as they are not suppose to let sympathy sway their decision she said. Anyways I wonder what next week will bring. With JA there is no telling what she has up her sleeve.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Are you one of Jodi's personal friends or hangers-on that run her website?
Speaking of her webpage, jodiariasisinnocent.com, she has some pretty LOONEY supporters there to say the least. There is one poster named "Renee" that sounds like she's Arias's Josef Goebbels!:-( I guess she's one of the "Jodi Nazis".LOL

Old 05-16-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post

I apologize CamaroGuy as I know you weren't the one who wrote the comment. I liked your comment as I honesty believe that is how those who post here feel too. I do.

MSR
No need to apologize.:-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime