U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 10:02 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,156,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
that the closed session on Tuesday was the Defense team requesting to be released from
the case...it was denied.
K
They sure have spent a lot of time in 2013 trying to get out of this. I wonder how the time compares to earlier years.

Let the record show they tried after they went through 4+ months of trial with her!

MSR

Old 05-16-2013, 10:10 PM

I didn't get to see this either. There maybe better vids to watch but at least this is a start. Why did the counsel have to approach today?

Jodi Arias Trial; Penalty Phase - Family Impact Statements (No sidebars) - YouTube

And I see CONVICT ARIAS WRITING/COLORING/DRAWING away in the background. Willmott playing with her watch.........why is she so anxious?

MSR

Old 05-16-2013, 10:15 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,037,929 times
And is it just me or does Willmott seem to make very obvious faces of disdain and disagreement everytime the prosecution or today during the impact statements. I thought the judge said no faces or anything like that.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
And is it just me or does Willmott seem to make very obvious faces of disdain and disagreement everytime the prosecution or today during the impact statements. I thought the judge said no faces or anything like that.
Hard for me to know about Willmott. What I notice most about her in the above, is the DISTANCE she puts between herself and CONVICT ARIAS!

Are those real tears on CONVICT ARIAS' face for HERSELF, or others in pain?

I didn't realize their grandmother that raised the Alexander children died right before jury selection for the trial.

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 05-16-2013 at 10:26 PM..

Old 05-16-2013, 10:30 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,037,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Hard for me to know about Willmott. What I notice most about her in the above, is the DISTANCE she puts between herself and CONVICT ARIAS!

I didn't realize their grandmother that raised the Alexander children died right before jury selection for the trial.

MSR
I know! I mean really how much can this family take? What strikes me is that it seems they all were brought up in a very dysfunctional family but they stuck together and seem to all have their lives on track. I mean Samantha is a cop in San Diego county. All I can say is that I am glad I am not on this jury. I would have a hard time NOT putting the convict on death row and having to look this family in the eye afterwards. This trial has really got me thinking about my opinions on death row. I am usually against it but if anyone deserves it its her IMO! I just hope this family can find peace afterwards. I hope they can get together again and celebrate the Holidays I would think TA would want them to do that.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:58 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,304,041 times
The site is trying to cash in on "Battered Women" and anyone that buys a "Survivor" shirt from that site is nuts.

From the website: A portion of the profits generated from the sales will support other survivors of domestic violence, and go to Non-profit Domestic Violence organizations selected by Jodi.

When you see this statement "a portion of the profits" forget about it. I cannot find where they have filed any paperwork as a charity with the IRS.

I was faithfully sending donations to a Disabled Vets group and found the IRS info and 90% of the money was going to Administrative Expenses. I wonder how much of this 'Survivor' money will actually go to domestic violence organizations or to keep the website running as they were having financial trouble paying for their broadband service.

I did volunteer work for a long time with our local Battered and Abused Womens Shelter ... I know about abuse and I saw women not battered but they had the hell beat out of them ... broken noses, teeth knocked out, arms/fingers broke. We would pick them up with a child or two or three. I have gone to court with women to get useless restraining orders. The shelter where I volunteered always needs donations.

Whoever the moderator is on that site has a trashy mouth ... full of four letter words with her favorite being f*** and mfers regarding the Alexander family.

Domestic violence is not something to take lightly nor is it something to lie about and pretend you have been abused. Arias did not suffer from domestic violence or abuse.

PTSD is not something to take lightly nor is it something to lie about. We have a friend with PTSD and the nightmares got so bad he stopped sleeping. When he would sleep he was back in the war seeing his buddies killed/wounded in addition to having to kill people himself. He was crazy as a loon until he was committed and got help. Realizing he wasn't alone with this problem. Arias knows what she did and we all know all she has done is lie.

One more thing "why is Jodi Arias mother not going before the jury and beg for her daughter's life?"

Old 05-17-2013, 04:09 AM

25,880 posts, read 39,160,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post

MSR
I couldn't rep. You but I 100% agree with all you are stating since it is what I also noticed. Willmott looked like she didn't even want to talk to Jodi and to have her shut up. Maybe Willmott realizes what a BS they tried to sell to the jurors about the battered women defense.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:04 AM

17,628 posts, read 11,174,250 times
Defense Lawyers are a special breed. They really don't have to believe their client is innocent to put on a vigorous defense. If you have seen the demonstrations on HLN after dark where the Attorneys are asked to give a defense to certain "bold statements" the Attorneys can flip into defense mode and create a story to fit whatever circumstance they are trying to oppose. I don't think Wilmott and Nurbi had any doubt in their minds that she was a butcher but it was their job to overlook that and provide her with the best defense they could. If she said she was abused that was what they had to go with.

Don

Old 05-17-2013, 07:12 AM

7,495 posts, read 9,759,459 times
I hope they fry the lying conniving murderer.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:18 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,713,141 times
If I had a child who committed such a horrific Crime, I am not sure I could plead for their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime