U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2013, 08:33 PM

6,255 posts, read 5,862,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I'm a DV survivor and a victim of stalking. I've lived in shelters, and have enough knowledge and personal experience to bring awareness.

Been posting about DV on City Data in appropriate forums for 4years. Many of them in Relationships Forum, I posted previously today..

This is a DV case, right? An abusive dynamic, Travis Alexander died as a result.

Save the innuendo and talk down to someone else. Since your a professional I'd expect to see your posts in the appropriate threads as well.
No Jodi and her defense team tried to make it a DV case...they tried to bootstrap a murderer(Jodi) onto those like yourself that really experienced abuse in the hopes of getting one jurror to buy into their lie and hang the jury!

Old 05-17-2013, 08:36 PM

14,935 posts, read 20,968,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
No Jodi and her defense team tried to make it a DV case...they tried to bootstrap a murderer(Jodi) onto those like yourself that really experienced abuse in the hopes of getting one jurror to buy into their lie and hang the jury!

I'm not buying into a lie, they had abusive relationship. Take notice of the word "they" and don't twist my words.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:41 PM

18,856 posts, read 28,291,947 times
Anything that brings attention to abuse in relationships is positive. If someone identified with Arias as an abuse victim, and decided to seek help, that is a win.

If someone identified with Travis, and saw similarities in a relationship, and decided to end it, that is a positive thing.

Abuse is very personal, what one person sees as abuse, another one may not see that as abuse.

I have no doubt that this was a completely dysfunctional relationship. That much, we have been able to identify during this trial.

Either way, a man is dead, killed in a twisted, horrific manner. The person responsible, is Jodi Arias, and she should never be free in society again. I

Old 05-17-2013, 08:44 PM

11,382 posts, read 7,235,487 times
Some of you seem confused and actually believe Jodi Arias was abused by Travis Alexander..........read my lips, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that he abused her. You are basing your beliefs on the word of one person, Jodi Arias, and if you watched any of the police or news interviews where she was EXTREMELY convincing that : A) She wasn't even anywhere near his home, or B) That Ninjas came in and attacked them and she somehow managed to escape but kept quiet because the knew where she lived, you would come to realize she is a liar unlike any we may have seen before her. She thinks fast on her feet and is very cleaver in how she constructs a story. It was pure genius of her to throw in the pedophilia and abuse as those are topics that always cause disgust. She knew that if we felt Travis was a child lover and abuser we would hate him and feel sympathy for her.........but some of us are smarter than that.

I am sorry some of you were victims of DV, but that should make you even more outraged that a stinking liar can claim abuse and dilute the effectiveness of a legitimate claim when one is made. Not every person who yells wolf is telling the truth and you need to understand that. Travis may have made some unkind statements to Jodi, but if you talk to my ex wife I bet she will tell you that I said some pretty rash, unkind things during our 28 years together.................but that does NOT make me an abuser in any way, shape, or form..........just a person who said some things that were not well thought out.

You defenders of Jodi need to wake up and see that she has not probably said one true thing since June of 2008.........NOTHING ! To tramp on the grave of someone who you have no concrete evidence against just is wrong.

Don

Old 05-17-2013, 08:53 PM

Agree 100% with you Don...I don't feel a false accusation of abuse works to anyones favor here except Jodi's!

Old 05-17-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Some of you seem confused and actually believe Jodi Arias was abused by Travis Alexander..........read my lips, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that he abused her. You are basing your beliefs on the word of one person, Jodi Arias, and if you watched any of the police or news interviews where she was EXTREMELY convincing that : A) She wasn't even anywhere near his home, or B) That Ninjas came in and attacked them and she somehow managed to escape but kept quiet because the knew where she lived, you would come to realize she is a liar unlike any we may have seen before her. She thinks fast on her feet and is very cleaver in how she constructs a story. It was pure genius of her to throw in the pedophilia and abuse as those are topics that always cause disgust. She knew that if we felt Travis was a child lover and abuser we would hate him and feel sympathy for her.........but some of us are smarter than that.

I am sorry some of you were victims of DV, but that should make you even more outraged that a stinking liar can claim abuse and dilute the effectiveness of a legitimate claim when one is made. Not every person who yells wolf is telling the truth and you need to understand that. Travis may have made some unkind statements to Jodi, but if you talk to my ex wife I bet she will tell you that I said some pretty rash, unkind things during our 28 years together.................but that does NOT make me an abuser in any way, shape, or form..........just a person who said some things that were not well thought out.

You defenders of Jodi need to wake up and see that she has not probably said one true thing since June of 2008.........NOTHING ! To tramp on the grave of someone who you have no concrete evidence against just is wrong.

Don
No one here has defended Jodi, this is your take on the posts.

Jodi Arias is a disturbed women not in reality selling survivor tees after a long trial where she was convicted of 1st degree murder.

Understand...The only difference in our opinion is Travis Alexanders part, a dynamic he participated in.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:04 PM

I think Travis opened his door to evil when it came knocking...I'm not sure how that makes him responsible in his own death! But we can agree to disagree on this point...

Old 05-17-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I think Travis opened his door to evil when it came knocking...I'm not sure how that makes him responsible in his own death! But we can agree to disagree on this point...
I think so too, and his dysfunctional background made him the perfect candidate.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:55 PM

3,750 posts, read 5,633,905 times
Quote:
No one here has defended Jodi, this is your take on the posts.

Jodi Arias is a disturbed women not in reality selling survivor tees after a long trial where she was convicted of 1st degree murder.

Understand...The only difference in our opinion is Travis Alexanders part, a dynamic he participated in.
I agree!

Old 05-17-2013, 11:54 PM

8,440 posts, read 9,949,095 times
Quote:
I'm a DV survivor and a victim of stalking. I've lived in shelters, and have enough knowledge and personal experience to bring awareness.

Been posting about DV on City Data in appropriate forums for 4years. Many of them in Relationships Forum, I posted previously today..

This is a DV case, right? An abusive dynamic, Travis Alexander died as a result.

Save the innuendo and talk down to someone else. Since you're a professional I'd expect to see your posts in the appropriate threads as well.
Nice to know you've already shared in the relationship section. It took a lot of courage for you to share that info about yourself . I hope on your path of recovery happier days are ahead for you.

We're all just people posting in the thread about the ARIAS murder trial. If you want to argue it was DV there are many other forums in many Internet spots.

No, Travis Alexander was murdered. CONVICT ARIAS admitted to killing him.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime