Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2013, 06:51 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,480,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
And therein lies the problem! For a detached outsider, any sex can be seen as an excuse for something, can't it? Some of us like to think we are the saint and everyone else is the sinner, but that's not the truth.

It is always hard to any young man, no matter how moral he is, to pass up hot sex freely offered by a good looking young woman. Good sex has prolonged more than one very bad relationship, that's for sure. Excuses only come after the sex for both men and women.

This is especially true when couples are breaking up. When a couple is breaking up, as often as not there is a lot of sex during the breakup, especially if one partner is trying to leave and the other is trying to keep the other.

Discovering a person's partner is deeply disturbed is difficult for lots of people. Love makes us all blind to a partner's faults, and sex is a perfect mask for someone who has a well hidden dark side.
Past love and affection can also confuse a person who clearly understands their partner is no good for them. It can make anyone want to give things one last chance.

Emotion will trump clear thinking every time when people get naked and both want the same thing, but once the heat of passion dies down, a failed relationship remains a failure.
Heartbreak is a given, and we all learn how to cope with that, but very few of us are prepared well against sudden violence. We seldom know we are sending mixed messages to potential killers.

It's also one thing when there are several hundred miles between a couple who is breaking up, and it's entirely another thing when one shows up at the other's doorstep.

People like Jodi Arias are rare. Very rare. Travis Alexander understood breaking up brings anger, bitterness and sadness- he had been through some breakups. We all have at his age. But he had never been involved with a potentially lethal partner- how many of us are?

As a fit and confident young man, the thought that Jodi might kill him probably never crossed his mind. After all, jealousy and possessiveness is common in breakups, but death is not. I'm sure Travis thought he could handle Jodi right up to the moment she first stabbed him. Jodi probably though she had handled Travis too, until something he said and/or did right after their sex fired up the rage she brought with her.

I am absolutely positive she never meant to stab Travis. I am absolutely sure she planned to shoot him unless she was satisfied she had won him back.

A person's lies are always based on the truth. Jodi could make up a lie about finding the gun in Travis' closet, because that was a twist on the truth of her bringing a gun, but she never planned to stab him; that was spontaneous, and she could not make up a lie to when, where and how she got the knife and went to work with it. That is why she could say nothing at all about those moments.

But she did give us clues as to how it happened: she said Travis became angry in the shower and body slammed her. That's entirely possible. It's also possible he only gave her a slight push and yelled at her, and she conflated it into something more violent. Either was enough to trigger the rage.

She said she remembered Travis on his hands and knees in two of the big lies she told to the cops and 48 Hours. That's most likely true as well. By the time she fetched the knife, he was either still showering or just out, and most likely had his back to her at the time of the first blow. Falling to his hands and knees is completely understandable.

Everything after that becomes very fuzzy in her testimony. Travis probably tried to take the knife away if he wasn't so injured and still had strength to do so. He may have still been strong enough to escape the bathroom and stagger down the hall to the bedroom, with Jodi stabbing him all the way.
We will never know until she gives us the full story, and she probably will never do that. She may not be able to recall the sequence of events with any clarity now.

What is sure to me is the use of her pistol. She came intending to use it if she thought she had lost him, and she did. That, not the stabbing and slashing, was the moment she killed Travis in her mind. That he was already dead never occurred to her. Her memory was very clear about shooting the pistol.

Thanks Mike, you put a lot of thought into your post without the undertones. I'm aware of the overkill Jodi employed in murdering Travis, along with the lies.

Don't agree with the double standard, he's a man they can't say no to good sex. I quess he wasn't aware of the seriousness of the situation and risks involved. I wish he had.

S

Old 05-18-2013, 09:16 AM

18,837 posts, read 37,256,775 times
Men can say no to sex. No one is a slave to a body part. Travis continued to have sex with Arias, knowing he had moved on. He wanted to continue the relationship, on his terms, with Arias as his booty call. This was not AArias plan, and she went crazy realizing the rejection.

Borderline Personally Disorder people are scary, when they get angry, they escalate very quickly into a manic state. My experience with child abusers is that most of them have a BPD.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:08 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,159,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cra2ybeautiful View Post
Well I think she should spend life in prison. Reason being she will have a LOT of time to think about what she has done. I think Travis although a normal sex crazed man kept seeing her for sex after they broke up DESPITE her slashing his tires, stalking him while he was on dates and on facebook, telling him that she will hurt him was stupid on his part. After they broke up he kept getting jealous over her dates and sending her horny texts and telling her he loved her. Why lead on an obvious obsessive psycho? he'd call her s-l-u-t, w-h-o-re, and 3 hole wonder to demean her to a sex object. Her craziness went to a whole new level and all this made her feel rage and jealousy over the edge when he kept disrespecting her. It is weird how travis made her this way while an older man she was going to marry in the past did not. There was something about travis that pushed her to the edge and made her lose her sanity. It might have been the passionate and sex chemistry between them combined with disrespect and possessiveness of one another.
She is a psychopath, she doesn't care about what she did. You have to understand that she moved back to California at the end of March 2008. Most people would not assume they were in physical danger at that point. He sent her the angry text messages after she had been harassing his girlfriend, spying on him and telling more & more lies. She owed him thousands of dollars and he probably never assumed her behavior would turn physically violent because she knew how to manipulate him and act contrite whenever she got caught doing something.

She did something that finally put him over the edge...the leading theory is that she was trying to blackmail him with the phone sex call she recorded without his knowledge. So he called her a few bad names, told her he was going to expose her, and one week later he was dead. He didn't know she was coming to Arizona. She could have just shown up in the middle of the night with a check for the car payment and a sob story about needing a place to stay on the way to see Ryan Burns. He might have thought she had moved on to this new guy and he was safe for one night.

She didn't act crazy with Darryl Brewer because she wasn't that into him. Darryl didn't want marriage and more kids, and he wasn't financially successful. Travis was young, better looking, well liked, wanted to start a family etc. Jodi wasn't wife material though, and she couldn't accept that because she had a "vision" that Travis was supposed to be her husband. She offered him sex willingly and he took it, but so do millions of other people every single day. Male and female. He wasn't leading her on...she was simply obsessed with him.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:38 AM

5 posts, read 28,413 times
Default Relive the Jodi Arias slaying of Travis Alexander in 3D

Relive the Jodi Arias slaying of Travis Alexander in 3D
Relive the Jodi Arias slaying of Travis Alexander in 3D

Old 05-18-2013, 12:33 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,743,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
There is one poster there that goes by the name of "Renee". This woman is a true FANATIC! She more or less wants to see all Mormons rounded up and thrown into concentration camps!:-( She also stated that she feels a "murderous rage" toward the prosecuter in this case.

I bet more than one closet murderer frequents that site ! Some of the cheering on of Jodi is downright scarey !

Don

Old 05-18-2013, 12:43 PM

3,951 posts, read 7,174,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I bet more than one closet murderer frequents that site ! Some of the cheering on of Jodi is downright scarey !

Don
"Renee" and "Janeen" are the "Fanatical Duo" of that webpage!:-(

Old 05-18-2013, 01:15 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,566,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Borderline Personally Disorder people are scary, when they get angry, they escalate very quickly into a manic state. My experience with child abusers is that most of them have a BPD.
I have a silly question for everyone. It was mentioned here several times that she was born a BPD, sociopath... And no amount of parenting/education can change that.

If she was born like that and her genetics have contributed to her action, is DP a fair choice for her?

Old 05-18-2013, 01:17 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,935,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I may have to buy some of her artwork. The value always goes up after the artist has died, and it looks like Jodi is rapidly heading that direction. I've got to go over to that "Jodi Arias is Innocent" site and snoop a little , it is always good for a laugh or two.

Don

Update: Ok, I visited that site and it really made me mad, won't be going back. They are actually saying Travis' Brother and Sister were faking their tears and don't really care about Travis at all. The person who operates that site is as sick as the murderer they are supporting.
Arias has her own website too ... artwork for sale and those T-Shirts. On this site she has a gmail address to contact her. I guess that is Donovan too.

Jodi Arias Art | Art Auction

The other website is sickening that you visited ... the Moderator has a trash mouth. The aunt (mom's twin sister) has trashed and made fun of the Alexander family too.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:25 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,256,775 times
Good question Ling,

There is a theory that BPD and ASPD, are genetic. And that those people cannot be cured withmmedication or therapy.

There is another school of thought, that people make conscious choices, and can control impulse thoughts a and behavior.

I believe that a personality disorder can be treated. Arias has had plenty of opportunities.

The real issue, is that Travis did not realize how dangerous Arias was... Not all BPD go to an extreme to kill in a rage. I believe he was trying to distance himself and untangle from her, he just did not know how. She manipulated him.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:39 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,480,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cra2ybeautiful View Post
Well I think she should spend life in prison. Reason being she will have a LOT of time to think about what she has done. I think Travis although a normal sex crazed man kept seeing her for sex after they broke up DESPITE her slashing his tires, stalking him while he was on dates and on facebook, telling him that she will hurt him was stupid on his part. After they broke up he kept getting jealous over her dates and sending her horny texts and telling her he loved her. Why lead on an obvious obsessive psycho? he'd call her s-l-u-t, w-h-o-re, and 3 hole wonder to demean her to a sex object. Her craziness went to a whole new level and all this made her feel rage and jealousy over the edge when he kept disrespecting her. It is weird how travis made her this waywhile an older man she was going to marry in the past did not. There was something about travis that pushed her to the edge and made her lose her sanity. It might have been the passionate and sex chemistry between them combined with disrespect and possessiveness of one another.
I wouldn't say he made her that way, they equally feed on and fueled the drama.

A normal relationship wouldn't hold her interest or his.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.