U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-27-2013, 10:43 AM
 
4,571 posts, read 7,054,651 times
Reputation: 4217

Advertisements

ha, that's an understatement. I loved it when she conveniently couldn't remember the actual murder, but she remembered the bottled water in the car was from Costco. Gotta love it! Analysts have said she has given the most minute details when testifying, more than they have ever heard from a defendant.

I think she might have had the jury going her way until she actually opened her mouth and started testifying. She never should have gotten on the stand. She is one twisted sister.

 
Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 AM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,016,840 times
Reputation: 1466
It appears, so far, that Juan is winding up for showing pre-meditation today.
 
Old 02-27-2013, 02:49 PM
 
665 posts, read 863,784 times
Reputation: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
ha, that's an understatement. I loved it when she conveniently couldn't remember the actual murder, but she remembered the bottled water in the car was from Costco. Gotta love it! Analysts have said she has given the most minute details when testifying, more than they have ever heard from a defendant.

I think she might have had the jury going her way until she actually opened her mouth and started testifying. She never should have gotten on the stand. She is one twisted sister.

Twisted sister, I love it, lol.
 
Old 02-28-2013, 10:31 AM
 
51,862 posts, read 41,765,307 times
Reputation: 32364
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
99% of the guests are Mormon and friends of Travis.

Other than the professional panelists, all guests and interviewee, of both genders, are bias.

I wonder how many jurors are Mormon.
You have a source? Or is this just one more desperate gasp at excuse making and victim blaming?
 
Old 02-28-2013, 10:55 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
14,375 posts, read 11,705,189 times
Reputation: 10783
I have one problem with the gunshot. Most .25 handguns I am familiar with are semi-automatics. If you are enraged, enough to stab somebody 27/29 times, would you not empty the whole magazine out of your gun? Maybe I'm wrong and it was a single shot? Maybe the gun jammed or she was afraid that others would hear the gunshots? I know they never recovered the weapons. This just nags at me. Please feel free to correct my assumptions.
 
Old 02-28-2013, 12:16 PM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,016,840 times
Reputation: 1466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You have a source? Or is this just one more desperate gasp at excuse making and victim blaming?
Victim blaming, of course!!

But Nancy Grace is notoriously bias, siding in on Prosecution. But in having her finance murdered, and in being a former Prosecutor herself, Nancy lost 2 cases to Proprietorial misconduct. It's her show and she can put on who she wants, so this is not surprising.
 
Old 02-28-2013, 01:11 PM
 
9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times
Reputation: 8048
Does anyone know if court will be in session tomorrow ... they have missed Fridays recently. I think Juan's intention might be (just guessing here) to give the jury something to think about over the weekend ... just like the defense did for two weekends ... one long one President's Day weekend!

Whether a jury member is a Mormon, Jewish, Pentecostal, atheist really doesn't come into play here ... I have served on every type of jury from city to Federal and was never asked one thing about my religious affiliation. On the Federal questionnaire it did ask ... Do you have any bumper stickers on your vehicle, if so what does it say? LOL
 
Old 02-28-2013, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Cali
3,904 posts, read 6,195,587 times
Reputation: 2224
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Victim blaming, of course!!

But Nancy Grace is notoriously bias, siding in on Prosecution. But in having her finance murdered, and in being a former Prosecutor herself, Nancy lost 2 cases to Proprietorial misconduct. It's her show and she can put on who she wants, so this is not surprising.
Well she's an ex-prosecuter so what do you expect. F. Lee Bailey is always biased in favor of defendants.
 
Old 02-28-2013, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
21,411 posts, read 14,357,337 times
Reputation: 15846
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
How can anybody feel sorry for JA, 29 stab wounds and cutting TA ear to ear and a shot in the head. I don't care how JH sounds, she is guilty.
She has already admitted guilt. The question is if she will get the death penalty or not.
 
Old 02-28-2013, 02:43 PM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,016,840 times
Reputation: 1466
Whoa!! " If you shot him first, how did the shell casing land in blood?" Great point Juan!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top