U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2013, 07:30 PM

9,827 posts, read 8,421,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Someone on my Facebook posted that Donavan has an arrest record from Alaska too...domestic violence against another woman in 2007. I can't remember if she ever wore one of those ribbons in the courtroom that the Arias family had on. That would be a little ironic.
Donavan Bering was charged and pled guilty as charged to arson of an occupied structure in January 2009. She is supposedly making restitution payments to the court $190,734.59 at $100.00 a month. A real model citizen there trying to burn up a home or some type of structure that was occupied!!!

I'm not going to attempt to search criminal records in Alaska. LOL

Arias is just doing her thing manipulating Bering.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...9/m3729839.pdf

Old 05-18-2013, 07:44 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,525,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

I don't think I will have interest in another high profile trial again, I am pretty burned out. I followed the OJ trial religiously. I had a radio or TV on constantly and didn't want to miss a second of it. Same with Casey Anthony's trial, I was riveted. Now this one has consumed a good portion of my life, and I don't think I will have the same enthusiasm to watch the upcoming George Zimmerman trial or any others that are on the immediate horizon. Maybe the pure nonsense that was put forward by Arias' DT has soured me on trials for a bit.

Don
This trial was certainly an intense 4 months, I think many people must feel burned out. I'm trying not to get invested in another one right away, especially not Zimmerman. Based on the thread on this board it looks like it will have all the victim-blaming stuff that we saw here and then some, plus the added racial element. Nope, not going there (though I do hope justice will be served).

Oscar Pistorius's trial starts next month, but I doubt that will be televised. That one piques my interest particularly since I know next to nothing about the South African legal system (apparently they don't use juries), and I'm curious how they will treat their "OJ."

Old 05-18-2013, 08:16 PM

18,856 posts, read 28,291,947 times
I stopped watching trials after the '' Casey Anthony'', debacle. The entire trial was a travesty. There is something very wrong with a system that allowed her to be free.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:25 PM

8,440 posts, read 9,949,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Good question Ling,

There is a theory that BPD and ASPD, are genetic. And that those people cannot be cured withmmedication or therapy.

There is another school of thought, that people make conscious choices, and can control impulse thoughts a and behavior.

I believe that a personality disorder can be treated. Arias has had plenty of opportunities.

The real issue, is that Travis did not realize how dangerous Arias was... Not all BPD go to an extreme to kill in a rage. I believe he was trying to distance himself and untangle from her, he just did not know how. She manipulated him.
I agree, Jasper. There are lots of Borderlines or Borderline- like people who seek professional help. I think those who stay in therapy and address the issues must benefit somehow. It's easier not to go to therapy. Even those who don't get treatment rarely murder another human being. Borderline's act out in different ways.

As for whether MOTHER ARIAS could have gotten her help while she was still under 18, absolutely systems are in place. Does she feel any sense of responsibility for how CONVICT ARIAS behaved murdering someone? I have no idea. I sure wish someone could get through to them that trashing the Alexander family is not the way to raise public opinion about CONVICT ARIAS.

I sadly agree there was no way Travis knew the danger he was in. No one will ever know had that day/night not worked how far CONVICT ARIAS would have gone to make sure he died on a different day in a different setting. As gruesome as it was, at least his family had his body rather than wondering where in the AZ desert it was.

MSR

Old 05-18-2013, 08:31 PM

313 posts, read 316,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Thursday, Womack showed up to court wearing cut off shorts and a very inappropriate top to beg for Arias life before the jury. The Judge wouldn't allow her to testify. Even after someone tried to give her a sweater. There are no pictures of Womack from Thursday. That was the reason for all the hoopla about her just recording her statement. I assume Juan hit the ceiling. LOL
Ah jeez! What a lovely girl. Nice. Not. Yup, sounds like the girl on N Grace w/ slurred speech who couldn't put a sentence together. JA sure she wants this model citizen vouching for her!?

That Donavan is some piece of work too. Maybe Newman/Wayne Knight can play her in the movie.

Quote:
Darryl Brewer was present and ready to plead for Arias life to the jury. It looks like they could have allowed him to proceed.
Poor fella. He seems to be the only decent one in JA's world.

I really hope the civil suit TA's family attorney announced they'd file can stop JA from profiting from her "art" and other crap.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:39 PM

1,034 posts, read 878,549 times
My ExPartner of 10 years was a Psychologist and always told me to stay away from one of my friends who my BF claimed had personality disorder. I don't know to this day if he actually does have it or not. I just know the way my partner described the symptoms of it sounds completely like the CONVICT Arias. They can't be treated and are the most dangerous of all sociopaths. IMO the only victim of DV in that relationship was poor Travis Alexander!

Old 05-18-2013, 09:07 PM

9,827 posts, read 8,421,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
This trial was certainly an intense 4 months, I think many people must feel burned out. I'm trying not to get invested in another one right away, especially not Zimmerman. Based on the thread on this board it looks like it will have all the victim-blaming stuff that we saw here and then some, plus the added racial element. Nope, not going there (though I do hope justice will be served).

Oscar Pistorius's trial starts next month, but I doubt that will be televised. That one piques my interest particularly since I know next to nothing about the South African legal system (apparently they don't use juries), and I'm curious how they will treat their "OJ."

I am burned out too but I am grateful to the Arias jury for restoring my faith in our American Justice System. After OJ and Casey Anthony I was really disillusioned in high profile cases walking out the door.

While I was watching the Arias trial I was keeping up with the abortion doc trial in Pennsylvania, no cameras in the courtroom. So I had to follow through the media and Twitter. The Lindsey Lowe case was fast and I watched the verdict portion. In addition I wanted to see OJ Simpson take the stand for the first time in his life at his hearing.

The abortion doc was found guilty and will die in prison. 5/2013
Lindsey Lowe that murdered her newborn twins was found guilty and sentenced to life in prison. 3/2013
Arias has been found guilty and we await the sentence. 5/2013
Judge will make decision on new trial for OJ in two weeks.

I don't think I can watch the Zimmerman trial. The jury will be sequestered and I hope for the sake of the jurors the trial is not long drawn out.

One thing I do see, the South African legal system doesn't move like a snail as the US does ... Reeva was shot on Feb 14, 2013 and Oscar's trial is scheduled next month, June 2013. That's the way to handle things.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:57 PM

17,028 posts, read 10,974,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
It looks like someone is trying to make a buck off of Arias' supporters to me.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:39 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,993,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I may have to buy some of her artwork. The value always goes up after the artist has died, and it looks like Jodi is rapidly heading that direction. I've got to go over to that "Jodi Arias is Innocent" site and snoop a little , it is always good for a laugh or two.

Don

Update: Ok, I visited that site and it really made me mad, won't be going back. They are actually saying Travis' Brother and Sister were faking their tears and don't really care about Travis at all. The person who operates that site is as sick as the murderer they are supporting.
I went on that site and after the verdict they all freaked out. When it was announced that the Alexander family was filing a civil suit, one of the commenters said that the entire Alexander family should be taken out the back and shot!!!

They really say vile things about the whole family. Of course, they are completely convinced that TA abused JA.

They "love" JA and send her cyber "hugs."

This site is run by the same people that had the Casey Anthony is Innocent site. They are convinced that Casey's father is the murderer.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:43 AM

8,440 posts, read 9,949,095 times
Quote:
I am burned out too but I am grateful to the Arias jury for restoring my faith in our American Justice System. After OJ and Casey Anthony I was really disillusioned in high profile cases walking out the door.

While I was watching the Arias trial I was keeping up with the abortion doc trial in Pennsylvania, no cameras in the courtroom. So I had to follow through the media and Twitter. The Lindsey Lowe case was fast and I watched the verdict portion. In addition I wanted to see OJ Simpson take the stand for the first time in his life at his hearing.

The abortion doc was found guilty and will die in prison. 5/2013
Lindsey Lowe that murdered her newborn twins was found guilty and sentenced to life in prison. 3/2013
Arias has been found guilty and we await the sentence. 5/2013
Judge will make decision on new trial for OJ in two weeks.

I don't think I can watch the Zimmerman trial. The jury will be sequestered and I hope for the sake of the jurors the trial is not long drawn out.

One thing I do see, the South African legal system doesn't move like a snail as the US does ... Reeva was shot on Feb 14, 2013 and Oscar's trial is scheduled next month, June 2013. That's the way to handle things.
Like others this trial has taken its toil on me too. I have no desire to even see the Zimmerman one. I totally admit I only have limited knowledge of it, unlike ARIAS. Given what I do know I can only guess how ugly it will be as some will focus strictly on race not the evidence.

The ARIAS Jury, IMHO, deserves so much praise in restoring shattered beliefs many of us had until Anthony. I'm not saying OJ was ok by any means, but for me his $ and expert lawyers did their thing to get him acquitted. I think the innocence of a little girl in FL, whose mom wanted to party and have a good time, and what the Anthony Jury did was more than many of us could believe.

These recent verdicts have helped so many of us start to heal and believe responsible peers discuss facts. It could be any of us, or someone we love, someday in front of a jury. Not necessarily as extreme as ARIAS, there are still situations that could result in jury trials. I see people starting to believe in the US Justice system again.

I have to admit I like letting the jury ask questions. I wonder how we start the process in changing laws in other states? The state legislature or other?

I also agree the S. Africa trial could be interesting. I'm concerned by the number of police officers and other public workers have quit when additional evidence was found/processed. I guess we'll hear more about the brothers and their criminal acts to date and how they somehow have escaped the big verdicts.

I agree a quick trial can be ideal; however, in this one I fear the amount of personnel turnover and whether or not all evidence has been processed.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime