U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2013, 11:05 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,307,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
My goodness, there are some looney-tune conspiracy theorists out there. This page particularly made me laugh though...I WISH Juan was on all the billboards out here!

Sociopath Juan Martinez and his Newly-Found Fame - Occupy HLN

Troy Hayden is claiming he will have an interview with Juan 90 minutes after the final verdict...yep, same Troy that did the Jodi interview.
Did you notice on the "Occupy HLN" page all of the conspiracy junk was against the Alexander family. I sent a message to the group since the owner of the site indicated he was pro-constitution, rah rah rah stuff in his profile ... if he wanted to be fair and balanced why no mention of the jodiariasisinnocent site and all of their fund raising and artwork selling. In addition he trashed the Mormons.

I read where Troy Hayden said he had an interview with Juan 90 minutes after the final verdict. I just wonder what he promised not to reveal when he had the private interview with Arias in January 2013.

If Arias takes the stand today it will be interesting to see how long she will ramble on. I hope Juan shows the Hayden interview with Arias asking for the death penalty. It's not like they will put the needle in next week ... all the appeals will start. At least sitting on death row for 15 years or however long she will not be in the general population doing her manipulating with the "poor indigent girls incarcerated and less fortunate than her." (Arias words not mine. LOL)

Well ... it's starting behind closed doors in Judge Stephens chambers ... with Nurmi and Willmott filing another motion for a mistrial.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
You probably won't be able to escape seeing it since they will repeat it over and over...
They will show this until June 10 when the Zimmerman trial starts ...

Old 05-20-2013, 11:27 AM

1,817 posts, read 2,759,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Did you notice on the "Occupy HLN" page all of the conspiracy junk was against the Alexander family. I sent a message to the group since the owner of the site indicated he was pro-constitution, rah rah rah stuff in his profile ... if he wanted to be fair and balanced why no mention of the jodiariasisinnocent site and all of their fund raising and artwork selling. In addition he trashed the Mormons.

I read where Troy Hayden said he had an interview with Juan 90 minutes after the final verdict. I just wonder what he promised not to reveal when he had the private interview with Arias in January 2013.

If Arias takes the stand today it will be interesting to see how long she will ramble on. I hope Juan shows the Hayden interview with Arias asking for the death penalty. It's not like they will put the needle in next week ... all the appeals will start. At least sitting on death row for 15 years or however long she will not be in the general population doing her manipulating with the "poor indigent girls incarcerated and less fortunate than her." (Arias words not mine. LOL)

Well ... it's starting behind closed doors in Judge Stephens chambers ... with Nurmi and Willmott filing another motion for a mistrial.
Yes, I saw the pages about the Alexanders. Pretty disgusting. That poor family has been to hell and back, they never asked for any of this. There are looney extremists on both sides though...I don't think Patty Womack deserves to be harassed, or Willmott or LaViolette (as much as I cannot stand either one). The motion for mistrial was because Patty claims she got death threats, so she won't testify. I don't know if it's true or not, but I know her FB page was getting posted everywhere so it wouldn't surprise me. People need to calm down and let things play out as they will...the jury has probably had their minds made up for awhile. Let Jodi beg and show off her "art," let her few friends in the world speak their mind...it isn't going to help her. John Wayne Gacy was an "artist" too.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post

My understanding is she had Wiccan stuff and other areas she would create "confusion" for others.

MSR
Bobby is still teaching witchcraft and spells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I hope you don't believe anyone has power over another with use of utter nonsense spells.

We draw and open the door to good and bad with our own thoughts.

This is why DV awareness is so important.
If she knows spells or has power it certainly didn't work with this jury. Arias was not a victim of domestic violence, she wasn't abused, she wasn't battered. This has been beat to pieces here already.

She is just capable of manipulation if you watched her interview with Troy Hayden after the verdict came down. She manipulated Hayden. She has used and abused her lawyers ... Donavan posted yesterday on Arias Twitter account 'the verdict was Nurmi's fault' ... the post has been removed from her account. But it's never Arias fault.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Yes, I saw the pages about the Alexanders. Pretty disgusting. That poor family has been to hell and back, they never asked for any of this. There are looney extremists on both sides though...I don't think Patty Womack deserves to be harassed, or Willmott or LaViolette (as much as I cannot stand either one). The motion for mistrial was because Patty claims she got death threats, so she won't testify. I don't know if it's true or not, but I know her FB page was getting posted everywhere so it wouldn't surprise me. People need to calm down and let things play out as they will...the jury has probably had their minds made up for awhile. Let Jodi beg and show off her "art," let her few friends in the world speak their mind...it isn't going to help her. John Wayne Gacy was an "artist" too.

It's a sad sight when no one not one person will speak for Arias ... not even a family member. What happened to Darryl Brewer, Matt McCartney, her mom, her grandmother, her sister or brother. It would be just a matter of begging, please don't put her to death.

I agree none of the people should to be harassed ... after this trial is over I hope the jurors are not harassed too.

Last edited by CarolinaWoman; 05-20-2013 at 12:45 PM..

Old 05-20-2013, 11:55 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,906,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Bobby is still teaching witchcraft and spells.

If she knows spells or has power it certainly didn't work with this jury. Arias was not a victim of domestic violence, she wasn't abused, she wasn't battered. This has been beat to pieces here already.

She is just capable of manipulation if you watched her interview with Troy Hayden after the verdict came down. She manipulated Hayden. She has used and abused her lawyers ... Donavan posted yesterday on Arias Twitter account 'the verdict was Nurmi's fault' ... the post has been removed from her account. But it's never Arias fault.
This most definately a DV related case whether you believe Jodi was abused or not, they had an intimate relationship and Travis was murdered.

Now its turned into spells and witchcraft. I'm surprised you would buy into it CW.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:57 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,018,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Don't worry. I would not date anyone at that webpage. I do support their 1st Amendment rights to have it though. Freedom of speech is important to me. I for the record do NOT believe Arias deserves the death penalty!
Aloha everyone. Maui is truly paradise, I don't believe I'll ever tire of waking up to the smell of ocean and flowers...I highly recommend a vacation for everyone!!

That being said, I'd like to weigh in on the sentencing phase. I too, do not support the death penalty.

This case boils down to Psychology. The diaognosis varied between PTSD and Borderline Personality Disorder, depending on the witness. I would like to have heard an objective Psychological Analysis.

However, I think everyone agrees Jodi is a Sociopath, and exhibits acute Pseudologia fantastica,or in similar terms, compulsive lying. I'm definetely not a Psychologist, but I did minor in criminal psychology in college, and
therein lies the questions of how a criminal mind in formed, nature or nuture basically...is she born that way or formed?

Therefore, because it's obvious Jodi is mentally ill and has been that way for quite a time, if not born
that way, I do not support the DP.

This has been stated in several ways for over 100 years by various indiviuals, including (but not limited to) Churchill, Pope John Paul II, Dostoyevsky, Truman, etc.

"Any society, any nation, is judged on the basis of how it treats its weakest members ; the last, the least, the littlest."

Old 05-20-2013, 12:00 PM

12,764 posts, read 7,828,996 times
U N B E L I E V A B L E !!!

court adjourned for the day

Old 05-20-2013, 12:11 PM

313 posts, read 351,624 times
Judge Stevens did a great job squashing defense team's repeated requests for a mistrial. She also put Nurmi in his place w/ his whining about Womack not being able to testify due to death threats saying the woman could have testified in a sealed hearing.

Martinez was awesome too suggesting Womack had reasons other than death threats for not testifying.

Never seen Nurmi so animated as when he again asked DT to be recused.

Interesting that mother Arias and grandma won't be testifying, just JA.

Testimony resumes tomorrow at 9:30 .m. AZ time. JA's toast.

I feel so bad for this jury. Now w/ no explanation they were dismissed again. And poor TA's family to have the threat of mistrial from DT. The good guys keep getting heaped on again and again..

Old 05-20-2013, 12:16 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,759,910 times
So what was the excuse for Darryl Brewer not testifying? What a mess...and why couldn't they just do the allocution portion today and get this over with? Such a waste of time...but good for Judge Sherry shutting down Baby Huey and his pathetic motions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime