U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-20-2013, 06:32 PM
 
1,817 posts, read 2,536,320 times
Reputation: 3515

Advertisements

Exclusive: Jodi Arias' ex-boyfriend says what he couldn't in court

Darryl says he was ready to testify on Thursday and today, but was told the defense would not be putting on witnesses. Makes you go hmm...

 
Old 05-20-2013, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
11,518 posts, read 7,362,248 times
Reputation: 27776
This trial is like Groundhog Day. I rushed home from work today to see what had happened in the final phase and come to find out the circus is still in town. Now I have to torture myself by listening to that horrible Nancy Grace for information.

Don
 
Old 05-20-2013, 08:06 PM
 
Location: Near a river
16,045 posts, read 16,945,559 times
Reputation: 15485
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Interesting similarities between Arias and Anthony, in terms of dropping out of high school.

I have known BPD, who do not have a substance abuse problem, but created the same type of chaos with the lies, and drama.
Interesting how smart and manipulative both are, even though little schooling. JA's family doesn't strike me as bright in the educated sense, just smart in how to use and abuse people.
 
Old 05-20-2013, 10:32 PM
 
2,593 posts, read 5,531,440 times
Reputation: 3993
Wink lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
This trial is like Groundhog Day. I rushed home from work today to see what had happened in the final phase and come to find out the circus is still in town. Now I have to torture myself by listening to that horrible Nancy Grace for information.

Don
I finally got some gardening and laundry done. I needed a few hours to myself, lol.
Koale
 
Old 05-20-2013, 10:49 PM
 
9,827 posts, read 8,461,113 times
Reputation: 7842
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Exclusive: Jodi Arias' ex-boyfriend says what he couldn't in court

Darryl says he was ready to testify on Thursday and today, but was told the defense would not be putting on witnesses. Makes you go hmm...
Darryl was in his motel room today ready to testify! This is Nurmi & Willmott along with Arias pulling more stunts. The 'throw the spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks' defense.

This is Nurmi's motion filed for a mistrial over the Womack deal, no mention of Womack taking the 5th!

http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/Ari...rialmotion.pdf

Juan's Objection to Nurmi's Motion ... short & sweet with the facts.

http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/Ariasobjection.pdf


The jury will not see this stuff ... they will be in the dark since last Thursday court was dismissed when Arias two witnesses were suppose to appear ... the jurors return this morning and wait and wait .... expecting to hear Arias two witnesses and then Arias ... then they are dismissed once again. All they will hear is Arias tomorrow unless she has a migraine or someone throws up. LOL
 
Old 05-20-2013, 11:24 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
14,976 posts, read 21,078,921 times
Reputation: 16385
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Interesting how smart and manipulative both are, even though little schooling. JA's family doesn't strike me as bright in the educated sense, just smart in how to use and abuse people.
In the interrogation room when the investigator stepped out she was doing hand stands against the wall. When he returned an announced the booking would take place, she was upset about not wearing make up that day....Same detachment seen with Casey Anthony.
 
Old 05-21-2013, 01:57 AM
 
1,817 posts, read 2,536,320 times
Reputation: 3515
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Darryl was in his motel room today ready to testify! This is Nurmi & Willmott along with Arias pulling more stunts. The 'throw the spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks' defense.

This is Nurmi's motion filed for a mistrial over the Womack deal, no mention of Womack taking the 5th!

http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/Ari...rialmotion.pdf

Juan's Objection to Nurmi's Motion ... short & sweet with the facts.

http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/Ariasobjection.pdf


The jury will not see this stuff ... they will be in the dark since last Thursday court was dismissed when Arias two witnesses were suppose to appear ... the jurors return this morning and wait and wait .... expecting to hear Arias two witnesses and then Arias ... then they are dismissed once again. All they will hear is Arias tomorrow unless she has a migraine or someone throws up. LOL
Darryl is a creepy guy, but he took time off from his job unpaid to come to Arizona to testify and was willing to be the only one to step up and publicly support one of the most despised people in the country right now. The defense team could not care less...they really are "The Shady Bunch." I wonder what we will get tomorrow...another migraine, a variety show with Christmas carols, an art exhibit and headstands, one last "trash Travis-fest," or will she try to play reverse psychology again and ask for the needle? I'm sure the one thing we will NOT get is anything resembling remorse or humility.


The Jodi Arias Gang, "Shady Bunch" Theme !! - YouTube
 
Old 05-21-2013, 05:55 AM
 
23,383 posts, read 34,556,272 times
Reputation: 11820
I think this will hurt the defense team when new lawyers will be appointed for appeals. Many journalist have seen the guy who was willing to speak up for JA. So what can be the deal about threats if he is there waiting to go on the stand.

Te defense looks and acts like a bunch of losers and IMO they are acting like losers so they can claim that JA can get a new trial.

What today will bring is any ones guess but my guess is that JA will not speak and will sit and let them come back with the verdict....or what they said yesterday on tv.
JA stating she wants to get the death penalty so she can be with Travis in heaven or just stating she will be reunited with him which will be very shocking to come out of her mouth and very dis respectful if she will say that but making it harder for the jurors to give death because nobody wants her to be reunited with Travis.
 
Old 05-21-2013, 07:12 AM
 
Location: Near a river
16,045 posts, read 16,945,559 times
Reputation: 15485
Is death by hanging an option?
 
Old 05-21-2013, 09:08 AM
 
1,257 posts, read 3,780,571 times
Reputation: 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Mother nor Dad can testify without causing a problem ... remember the video taped statement both parents told Detective Flores of all the problems they had with Arias ... friends calling mom in the middle of the night telling her Arias needs help. Then dad saying she has lied to them since she was 14 and attacking her mom.
.
So they can appeal from the angle of her mental illness, her lack of support and how she helped in the care of younger sibillings while herself was neglected somewhat. They can shoulder some responsibility to help their dughter to escape a death penalty. Is this kind of appeal allowed in this type of settings?

Perhaps this is the defense strategy to leave some room for appeal in the future?

Last edited by LingLing; 05-21-2013 at 09:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top