U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2013, 09:14 AM

12,764 posts, read 7,842,732 times

Advertisements

I'm predicting that JA will not speak today. I hope I'm wrong! This has been going on way too long.

It seems to me she is trying to prolong the end by whatever means necessary.

I was especially surprised at Nurmi yesterday, telling the judge that his client has not received a fair trial, and essentially blaming her for that.

This judge has allowed all sorts of shenanigans by the defense in her courtroom. Remember the 'reflection in Travis' eye' testimony? What a joke that was!

Old 05-21-2013, 09:25 AM

15,891 posts, read 15,321,967 times
I can't help but pity the jury. At least they have not been sequestered. Imagine losing 5 months of your life to this monster's trial. The jury has certainly performed (and continue to perform) their civic duty.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:23 AM

313 posts, read 351,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I think this will hurt the defense team when new lawyers will be appointed for appeals. Many journalist have seen the guy who was willing to speak up for JA. So what can be the deal about threats if he is there waiting to go on the stand.
That's a very good point. The drug user and tax dodger pal is scared supposedly due to death threats and intimidated by Martinez, but ex-b.f. who as far as we know has no criminal shenanigans is ready to testify. They can't have it both ways.

Plus Judge told them Womack could have a sealed hearing. I don't think DT has a case here on appeal, but w/ this case, so many twists and turns, who knows, eh.

Quote:
Te defense looks and acts like a bunch of losers and IMO they are acting like losers so they can claim that JA can get a new trial.
Watching Dumb and Dumber makes one wonder if they are accomplishing this w/o much trying.

Yesterday big doofus Squirmy was acting like a petulant child wanting to take his ball and go home when he said no witnesses after mistrial and recusing was turned down.

Well, Court is delayed again. Poor TA's family & friends, when will this nightmare end!? This judge is way too nice. Nurmi was so disrespectful to Martinez and to her, but she restrained herself. Now she's entertaining yet more b.s from DT. Come on, let's do this already!

Sad thing is this family has yet more ahead of them b/c of future appeals. The one whose DP was commuted to life was on death row for 20+ yrs. JA might be well into her 50s before there's any resolution, if at all.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:42 AM

12,172 posts, read 15,475,007 times
Delay, delay, delay, at this point I hope they wheel her out, tied to a hand truck, with a ball gag in her month. This case needs to come to a conclusion.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:03 PM

7,330 posts, read 13,269,321 times
"Let me live so I can keep donating my hair to locks of love"? REALLY?? That's pathetic, Jodi.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:16 PM

25,945 posts, read 39,232,732 times
Narcissist Wow!

Old 05-21-2013, 12:39 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,772,636 times
Ummm, you don't want long hair in prison. Jodi has no clue of what is in store for her.

I worked at a prison, wore a uniform to work, took it off before gettinf in my car.

Lice is rampant in prison. With nits in long, dark hair. Gross is not even close to what it looks like. She is all dolled up for court, life is going to change for this gal. You don't get the privileges she has been getting in prison.

Interesting, I read about the older guy she was dating, he seemed nice. She did not want him though.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:42 PM

12,764 posts, read 7,842,732 times
No apology to the Alexander family.

Every other word out of her mouth was "I".

Did anyone catch her subtle manipulation of the Jury? She mentioned that the only way for Travis' brother to never again see the face of his brother's killer is if she gets life in prison! Apparently suggesting that if she gets the death penalty, Travis' family will have to attend numerous appeals in the future.

Can you imagine what she would do in general population?!

Old 05-21-2013, 12:59 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,317,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Darryl is a creepy guy, but he took time off from his job unpaid to come to Arizona to testify and was willing to be the only one to step up and publicly support one of the most despised people in the country right now. The defense team could not care less...they really are "The Shady Bunch." I wonder what we will get tomorrow...another migraine, a variety show with Christmas carols, an art exhibit and headstands, one last "trash Travis-fest," or will she try to play reverse psychology again and ask for the needle? I'm sure the one thing we will NOT get is anything resembling remorse or humility.
You are right he is creepy ... but I don't think he received death threats nor do I think Womack did. I think Womack's problem is her criminal record ... why in the world would a mitigation witness that was going to testify for her friend plead the fifth in a private meeting with Juan and the DT ... since she didn't answer Juan's question and then left the room with Nurmi and Willmott and when she returned to the room starts pleading the fifth ... the video is right ... The Shady Bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
So they can appeal from the angle of her mental illness, her lack of support and how she helped in the care of younger sibillings while herself was neglected somewhat. They can shoulder some responsibility to help their dughter to escape a death penalty. Is this kind of appeal allowed in this type of settings?

Perhaps this is the defense strategy to leave some room for appeal in the future?
That is exactly what the DT is trying to do ... their strategy in appeal ... no mitigation witnesses their lives were in danger .... but it's on record ... all of it. Every thing behind closed doors is recorded and sealed for the appeals ... Juan and his problem with questioning Womack ... the Judge offering to read a statement from Womack or record a statement ... the Judge and Juan did an excellent job of CYA that is on the record.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:09 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,317,770 times
That was sick .... me me me me ... gonna donate my hair ... gonna sell T shirts for DV shelters ... gonna start a recycling program ... gonna teach those ignorant girls in prison ... just gonna do so much good in prison ... gonna better myself ... a real Martha Stewart wannabee there.

Am I sorry I did this?
Do I have any remorse at all?

Spare my life for my poor family that mistreated me, abused me with spoons and grounded me for three months.

Following Tweets from the reporters in the courtroom no emotions from the jurors ... not like when the Alexander family spoke with them.

Now if I understand correctly ... Nurmi gets the last word this time in closing ... does anyone know if that is how it works?

Juan does his thing then Nurmi since this is the DT's last chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime