U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-21-2013, 07:07 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,717,452 times
Reputation: 26118

Advertisements

Each case should be reviewed on its own merit, and no comparison to other judgements or penalties.

Now, this is interesting, for this of you who have a Kindle, on Amazon, there is a free Kindle book, published the other day, that argues, why Arias is NOT guilty...something about different personalities, the author agrees she committed the crime, but has a premise she was not responsible for her behavior, and should not be held accountable. Okay.

Last edited by jasper12; 05-21-2013 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: Edit

 
Old 05-21-2013, 09:14 PM
 
Location: USA
3,966 posts, read 9,415,618 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Two minutes is still two minutes. It may have seemed like a very long time to Travis, but it's not the same as a child who is beaten and brutalized by a parent for years, with unmended broken bones, and head injuries. Which happens all the time.

I still think he bore responsibility for keeping Jodi in his life. Not that he deserved to be killed for it, but it's not like he's a helpless little child. If he was afraid of her why did he have sex with her?
Exactly. There are plenty of "Travis" men in Phoenix,AZ. Go visit any Scottsdale dance club at night.
 
Old 05-21-2013, 09:28 PM
 
1,817 posts, read 2,759,127 times
Reputation: 3527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Two minutes is still two minutes. It may have seemed like a very long time to Travis, but it's not the same as a child who is beaten and brutalized by a parent for years, with unmended broken bones, and head injuries. Which happens all the time.

I still think he bore responsibility for keeping Jodi in his life. Not that he deserved to be killed for it, but it's not like he's a helpless little child. If he was afraid of her why did he have sex with her?
He was thrilled when she moved back to CA. But she owed him thousands of dollars for a car, that's one reason he couldn't completely cut off contact with her. She drove over 1000 miles and showed up unexpectedly on his doorstep in the middle of the night. Nobody knows what kind of story she fed him to let her in, or whether he just woke up and found her in his bedroom taking photos. She had not been violent prior to that date, so why would he assume his life was about to end? We will never know what transpired that day, but even if we assume that he let her in willingly and had sex with her willingly, that might have been poor judgment, but it's not a crime. Murder is.

He was pretty helpless in that shower faced with someone who had a knife and a gun. If he wasn't, he would still be here.
 
Old 05-21-2013, 09:35 PM
 
1,817 posts, read 2,759,127 times
Reputation: 3527
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Jury has gone home for the day and tonight .... drum roll here ... Arias is giving interviews to NBC, ABC and FOX ... this was announced by the court. Judge Stephens lifted the gag order on interviews for Arias today.

Can you believe this ... no verdict yet and going on TV ... PIO said hour and half interviews with each!
She told the reporters she needs makeup...lol. She refuses to talk to HLN, I guess because they won't coddle her like Troy Hayden.

I don't remember the networks falling over each other to talk to Casey Anthony...in fact I think she was (and still is) a pariah of sorts...why do they want to talk to JA so badly?
 
Old 05-21-2013, 09:42 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,894,650 times
Reputation: 17987
The interviews aren't a surprise. The public can't get enough of watching the women they despise.

Are these paid interviews?

Dr Phil denies paying the Arias Family for interviews:
Dr. Phil Denies Paying Jodi Arias' Family | ABC News - Yahoo!
 
Old 05-21-2013, 09:49 PM
 
Location: Texas
15,891 posts, read 15,297,639 times
Reputation: 62658
I really, really want this woman gone. I hope there is a jury decision tomorrow. As long as they reach a decision between death or life in prison is fine with me.
 
Old 05-21-2013, 09:53 PM
 
10,357 posts, read 7,979,061 times
Reputation: 4547
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
He was thrilled when she moved back to CA. But she owed him thousands of dollars for a car, that's one reason he couldn't completely cut off contact with her. She drove over 1000 miles and showed up unexpectedly on his doorstep in the middle of the night. Nobody knows what kind of story she fed him to let her in, or whether he just woke up and found her in his bedroom taking photos. She had not been violent prior to that date, so why would he assume his life was about to end? We will never know what transpired that day, but even if we assume that he let her in willingly and had sex with her willingly, that might have been poor judgment, but it's not a crime. Murder is.

He was pretty helpless in that shower faced with someone who had a knife and a gun. If he wasn't, he would still be here.
He had sex with her unwillingly?

He still didn't need to let her into his house. He had indicated he was very afraid of her. You don't get into bed with someone you are very afraid of. Reportedly she had slashed his tires, that's very violent. I wouldn't go near anyone I suspected of slashing my tires, even if they owed me money.

He doesn't bear any responsibility for being killed, but he does bear some responsibility for continuing to stay in contact with her, continuing to lead her on and have sex with her, and even having sex with her that night. And to me those are mitigating factors against the death penalty, in addition to others. Now, if she had abucted him off the street, and done everything at gunpoint, that's a different story.

Last edited by ellemint; 05-21-2013 at 10:13 PM..
 
Old 05-21-2013, 10:14 PM
 
9,912 posts, read 9,304,041 times
Reputation: 8053
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I thought they were talking about life with no parole, meaning she would be imprisoned for life.
If jury brings back death penalty ... that's it. DOC takes Arias straight to Perryville death row.

If jury brings back Life ... jury is finished and Judge decides not the jury. Judge will determine the sentence of LWOP or 25-Life. Normally a judge then will give a sentencing date in 30 days or 2 weeks ... whatever meets with the judge's schedule and however long it takes him/her to decide. The 25-Life means eligible for parole in 25 years ... it also means 20 years as they deduct time served, 5 years. While waiting on the sentencing date Arias would return to Estrella jail. Then after sentencing Arias is sent to prison.

It sucks!




Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
She told the reporters she needs makeup...lol. She refuses to talk to HLN, I guess because they won't coddle her like Troy Hayden.

I don't remember the networks falling over each other to talk to Casey Anthony...in fact I think she was (and still is) a pariah of sorts...why do they want to talk to JA so badly?

WHY????? Did the judge do this. If Arias shows up all over TV and a jury member happens to see her face would that be grounds for a mistrial? Of course there is 3 alternate jurors. The jury is still deliberating and the judge should have kept the gag order in effect until after the verdict was in ... I just find this strange, like Arias is up to something ... manipulating somehow. I just don't think this judge would declare a mistrial this late in the game.

I thought perhaps the jury reached a verdict today and went home to sleep on it and would announce their verdict tomorrow. But now I wonder what Arias is up to. Troy Hayden has a 90 minute interview with Juan after the sentence. Troy asked Nurmi for an interview and Nurmi told him no way!
 
Old 05-21-2013, 10:17 PM
 
1,817 posts, read 2,759,127 times
Reputation: 3527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
He had sex with her unwillingly?

He still didn't need to let her into his house. He had indicated he was very afraid of her. You don't get into bed with someone you are very afraid of. Reportedly she had slashed his tires, that's very violent. I wouldn't go near anyone I suspected of slashing my tires, even if they owed me money.

He doesn't bear any responsibility for being killed, but he does bear some responsibility for continuing to stay in contact with her, continuing to lead her on and have sex with her, and even having sex with her that night. And to me those are mitigating factors against the death penalty, in addition to others. Now, if she had abucted him off the street, and done everything at gunpoint, that's a different story.
Well, he's dead, so his responsibility is sort of a moot point now. But I totally 100% disagree that those should be mitigating factors for her. That is absurd. I hope she gets the DP.
 
Old 05-21-2013, 10:22 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,894,650 times
Reputation: 17987
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
He had sex with her unwillingly?

He still didn't need to let her into his house. He had indicated he was very afraid of her. You don't get into bed with someone you are very afraid of. Reportedly she had slashed his tires, that's very violent. I wouldn't go near anyone I suspected of slashing my tires, even if they owed me money.

He doesn't bear any responsibility for being killed, but he does bear some responsibility for continuing to stay in contact with her, continuing to lead her on and have sex with her, and even having sex with her that night. And to me those are mitigating factors against the death penalty, in addition to others. Now, if she had abucted him off the street, and done everything at gunpoint, that's a different story.
How willing he was before she killed him is unknown.

2. Creepy photos.
On the night Travis Alexander was killed, he and Jodi Arias had a sexual encounter complete with racy, pornographic photos they had taken just hours before his death. Police found them inside Alexander’s camera, which had been left in the washing machine of the Mesa, Ariz., townhouse where he lived. But the camera also included pictures of the woman dragging her dead lover across the floor, and one of her reflection in his eyes seconds before she killed him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top