U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 01:53 PM

13,904 posts, read 11,479,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcatnip View Post

Better in some ways, yes, but naturally they're not getting as much info as we are.

But how much of the information you're getting is correct? It's off blogs, forums, God knows where else. None of that is good information. It's rumor, innuendo, lies, gossip, and so forth.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:02 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,891,390 times
Quote:
I don't quite know what to make of the way you write, but I keep getting sucked in like w/ trinity. Anyway, here goes...

I didn't use the word crucial, you did. I said we have more info e.g. her interrogation tapes, this new media blitz. Where I think we agree is that the jury still has enough to make a decision. After all they have in the 1st 2 phases of this process.

This 3rd phase is in some ways the hardest b/c it's one thing to believe in DP in the abstract, and quite another when it's go time. Even some of the so-called jurors on HLN who have been staunchly saying DP for JA are now wavering saying they don't want to be the one to "sign her death warrant". Make of that what you will.

In my relative's (killed by her abusive husband) case, after the verdict, the jurors hugged us, and said our presence in the court room, and victim impact statements really swayed them b/c they felt they were doing the right thing as asked by the state, but also for us. Obviously, this is over and above considering the facts of the case (which was very strong).

The JA jury just asked another question, but it was not revealed what it was. We have no idea at this time how jurors are leaning. I'm guessing it's going to be easier to persuade DP people to go w/ life than vice versa as we've seen on this thread- many of us, myself included have said we'd be ok w/ LWOP, but no DP opponent has made that concession. Their sympathy appears to be only for JA, not for TA and his family.

I doubt this jury wants to drag things out more, and since it's a long weekend, if they don't make a decision, it's going to be Tuesday before they reconvene. To that end, I'm predicting a verdict today after their lunch.

We shall see..hopefully soon.

What info did we hear this jury wasn't privy to hearing, crucial to jurors in this trail?

I don't know how else to word the question to your understanding.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:05 PM

313 posts, read 351,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
What info did we hear this jury wasn't privy to hearing, crucial to jurors in this trail?
See my reply above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I don't know how else to word the question to your understanding.
Never mind.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:07 PM

25,880 posts, read 39,155,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
If this case wasn't getting so much media I bet many people would not be for the death penalty. It is very easy to type anything from the comfort of your home. What is no that easy is being charge of that decision and living with it for the rest of your life.

Many men kill their wives/girlfriends during domestic disputes and only serve 5-7 years in prison and people here are outraged that Jodi might get LWOP instead of the death penalty? Just because it was a televised case it doesn't make it worse than those anonymus Domestic violence victims who Nancy Grace doesn't care to defend because the killers are not young women who increase the TV ratings.
I don't agree with you...Jodi confessed and lied all the time to everybody, not just to one person!

29 stab wounds, sliced neck and shot into the brains...to me that is clearly over kill and death sentence! That has nothing to do with abuse.

On top of that she had 3 gas cans and drove approx. 1000 miles to see him...that makes it worse!

Anything else you need to be convinced, or just common sense...sorry but this is the best example for a death penalty case!

Old 05-23-2013, 02:12 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,891,390 times
Quote:
See my reply above.

Never mind.
I read the reply, thank you. You talked around the question. Perhaps you don't have an answer.

A jurors question wasn't answered, How crucial was the question to making a decision on the DP?

Last edited by virgode; 05-23-2013 at 02:33 PM..

Old 05-23-2013, 04:52 PM

21,457 posts, read 14,373,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I don't agree with you...Jodi confessed and lied all the time to everybody, not just to one person!

29 stab wounds, sliced neck and shot into the brains...to me that is clearly over kill and death sentence! That has nothing to do with abuse.

On top of that she had 3 gas cans and drove approx. 1000 miles to see him...that makes it worse!

Anything else you need to be convinced, or just common sense...sorry but this is the best example for a death penalty case!
Yes, it is. This murder would give the death penalty to any man who did such an overkill.

But juries are very reluctant to kill a woman. And if one takes a look at the women who were put to death, the condemned are all older women, who committed their crimes in their late 40's to 50's. Very few young good looking women are given the death sentence.

All it takes is one determined holdout and Arias' fate goes into the hands of the judge. I firmly believe Arias will be sentenced by the judge, not the jury, and she will receive Life With No Parole.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:05 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,758,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
But how much of the information you're getting is correct? It's off blogs, forums, God knows where else. None of that is good information. It's rumor, innuendo, lies, gossip, and so forth.
There's plenty of factual information that the jurors are not privy to. One example would be the forged letters Jodi tried to get admitted as evidence, which she wrote in her jail cell. This was after her first set of lawyers quit on her and she was trying to represent herself. She claimed Travis wrote the letters and admitted to being a pedophile.

Jodi Arias Case: Twists And Delays In Alleged Femme Fatale's Murder Trial

They don't know that she threatened to drag Travis, his family and friends, and the Mormon Church through the mud if the court did not allow her to plea for second degree murder.

http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.c...riasngfile.pdf

These are just a couple items that illustrate what an extreme manipulator this person is. Not to mention all the self-serving interviews she has done lately. There's much more that didn't make it into evidence on the grounds of being "prejudicial"...whether all of that would have made a difference in the end or not, who knows.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:14 PM

955 posts, read 1,928,645 times
omg are we about to have a verdict

Old 05-23-2013, 05:24 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,017,484 times
VICTORY !!!!! for Truth and the Light !!

Last edited by trinity1111; 05-23-2013 at 05:38 PM..

Old 05-23-2013, 05:39 PM

12,764 posts, read 7,823,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Victory for Truth and the Light !!
This is not a victory for anyone or anything.

The next jury will be comprised of people who have followed this trial, seen all the coverage.

She will get death, as she deserves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime