U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 06:11 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,759,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yeah, Jodi may "live" but what a life she will have. Can you imagine being 32 years old and knowing the next maybe 50 years you will be confined to a 6 x 10 cell, let out 6 times a week for only one hour each, fed prison food, and never, ever having the prospect of doing what other normal people will be experiencing.

No wedding, no children, no Christmas' with family, no partying, no vacations, no ANYTHING. In a way it makes me happier to see that she might get life in prison because she is a rat and all rats should be put in a box where they can't get near the rest of us. A friend of our family just did 3 years for a DUI traffic accident, and he says it was worse than anyone can imagine. He had his life threatened many times and thought he was going to die in there. Jodi will be in with some "Sisters" who are not going to want to have a book club or do recycling. Up until now she has been in jail and jail is TOTALLY different from prison. She is about to leave the country club and go into the belly of hell.

Nope, if that is a "victory", then it is a victory for those of us who are haters.

Hope you rot in there, Jodi !!!!!!!!!!!!

Don
No more strawberry Frappuccinos, no more Cinnabon, no more grinding with guys on their Lovesacks...

There are some SCARY inmates in Perryville...Google Angela Simpson...she will make mincemeat of JA!

Old 05-23-2013, 06:13 PM

12,764 posts, read 7,826,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
The Planet is a lighter and better place when killing is not condoned. I'm going down to the ocean for a beautiful Maui Sunset. Aloha!!
Be sure to send a lot of picture postcards to Jodi...remind her of what she'll be missing.

Just be careful to not put your return address on them. If she gets out in 20 years she's going to look up her number one fan, you betcha!

Old 05-23-2013, 06:19 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,843,076 times
[quote=trinity1111;29701795]The Planet is a lighter and better place when killing is not condoned. I'm going down to the ocean for a beautiful Maui Sunset.

Sadly, by not rendering a verdict today, the jury postponed justice and ,in some ways ,did condone the killing of Travis .

Old 05-23-2013, 06:25 PM

29,352 posts, read 39,768,611 times
I don't know how you going to find a jury that is not prejudiced. This story has been on the news every night here in Phoenix for months. Jurors on this case have been threatened making it all the more difficult. The prosecutor may just decide to let her have life. As the poster above said, that is hardly a walk in the park and it is justice in many of our states and the rest of the civilized world.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:28 PM

29,352 posts, read 39,768,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Be sure to send a lot of picture postcards to Jodi...remind her of what she'll be missing.

Just be careful to not put your return address on them. If she gets out in 20 years she's going to look up her number one fan, you betcha!
She can't get out in 20 years. She can never get out. Either way she dies behind the walls.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:28 PM

955 posts, read 1,929,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
yeah, jodi may "live" but what a life she will have. :d can you imagine being 32 years old and knowing the next maybe 50 years you will be confined to a 6 x 10 cell, let out 6 times a week for only one hour each, fed prison food, and never, ever having the prospect of doing what other normal people will be experiencing.

No wedding, no children, no christmas' with family, no partying, no vacations, no anything. In a way it makes me happier to see that she might get life in prison because she is a rat and all rats should be put in a box where they can't get near the rest of us. A friend of our family just did 3 years for a dui traffic accident, and he says it was worse than anyone can imagine. He had his life threatened many times and thought he was going to die in there. Jodi will be in with some "sisters" who are not going to want to have a book club or do recycling. Up until now she has been in jail and jail is totally different from prison. She is about to leave the country club and go into the belly of hell.

Nope, if that is a "victory", then it is a victory for those of us who are haters. :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

hope you rot in there, jodi !!!!!!!!!!!!

Don

:d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d+100000000

Old 05-23-2013, 06:51 PM

9,194 posts, read 9,275,870 times
I was right, I guessed we'd have a hung jury. Death penalty statutes vary from state to state. I like the statute we have in my state. It requires a unanimous verdict to condemn someone to death. There is no such thing as a "hung jury". The prosecution either gets 12 unanimous votes for the death penalty, or the perpetrator is sentenced to life without the possibility of parole.

Some would question why "unanimity" should be required. While I support the death penalty in some cases, I believe that death is such a permanent unchangeable punishment that it should require all 12 jurors to agree.

Jurors are questioned during voir dire and are asked something like this: Can you see some circumstances in which you would impose the death penalty? If the juror answers "yes" than he may serve on the panel. People are excluded from serving (properly so) who say they cannot see any situation in which they would impose a death sentence. This eliminates hard core capital punishment opponents from serving.

I think perhaps the prosecutor ought to agree to let Arias be sentenced to life imprisonment (without parole) and call it a day. The taxpayers deserve to save the money. The outcome of a second penalty hearing will probably be the same. Finally, as bad as I feel for Travis's family, their feelings should not dictate the outcome of this.

Last edited by markg91359; 05-23-2013 at 07:10 PM..

Old 05-23-2013, 06:53 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,181,563 times
Haha, if Jodi thought she had kinky sex with Travis, just wait until she gets with some of the animals she will be spending the rest of her days with. They LOVE cute little white girls like her in prison.

In a couple of years she will look like that "lady" who does her FaceBook for her.

Don

Old 05-23-2013, 07:08 PM

10,357 posts, read 7,980,470 times
That this goes to yet another jury is ridiculous in my opinion. If the jury cannot agree on a death sentence, then it should default in life in prison without the possibility of parole. Or default to the judge's decision.

How in the world are they going to find an unbiased jury at this point?

Old 05-23-2013, 07:24 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,898,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
That this goes to yet another jury is ridiculous in my opinion. If the jury cannot agree on a death sentence, then it should default in life in prison without the possibility of parole. Or default to the judge's decision.

How in the world are they going to find an unbiased jury at this point?
A group of 20 somethings who don't keep up with trials, there's an abundance of those.

If you went to the relationships forum and asked about the case, half would be unfamiliar with the trial particulars with the exception she received 1st degree murder unless they googled.

Prison without parole is an option. Society may be safe from Arias, Arias won't be safe from inmates unless she receives total confinement 23hrs a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime