U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-02-2013, 07:18 PM
 
25,905 posts, read 39,205,212 times
Reputation: 13903

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
And she just denied it!

She's deep in fantasyland.
Btw the medical examiner also stated that after the shot no blood came out because she shot a dead person....

Self defense ...

 
Old 03-02-2013, 07:42 PM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,019,075 times
Reputation: 1466
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
Just wondering if anyone saw the program last night, about the Arias case. There was a speaker there for the Mormon Church, and he stated that he did not feel Jody was really into being a Mormon, and that she joined the church just to be closer to her b/f.

But, what got my attention was that he said that he and the Mormon Church are for the death penalty, and that they will see that she gets it.

He also mentioned that the judge overseeing the case before was tough on Jody, and that the one she is getting now is going to seek justice at all costs. It seems to me that the Mormon Church is the one trying this case.

The Mormon Church is obviously doing damage control. They don't want the media watching public to focus in on the fact that Travis was a Pedophile . Many pedophiles acquire access to children thru their church. Pedophiles digress from fantasizing to eventually acting out their compulsions.
I'm sure they don't want Jodi to get out of prison and write a book on what she knows about the Mormon Elders or even what she thinks about them.
Travis was seeking counseling from a Bishop. Apparently, that didn't help him much.

Last edited by trinity1111; 03-02-2013 at 07:59 PM..
 
Old 03-02-2013, 07:52 PM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,019,075 times
Reputation: 1466
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Jodi is the face of evil and as a parent it makes me sick of thinking how this guy's live ended and how his family has to sit and listen to how he is portrait by an evil person.

Travis came from a poor family with lots of issues and made a lot of the short life he lived and was well respected from what I hear. Even if he tried all of the sex things with Jodi that doesn't mean she has any excuse for her actions.

If this jury let her off the hook when it comes to the death sentence then I don't know what they have been listening too. I do understand that they can't listen to one more word out of her mouth.
When pedophiles get FINALLY get caught after RUINING the lives of multiple children, everyone, especially parents, scratch their head and ask "how could this happen, in OUR CHURCH of all places?!!", "where were the signs?", "why didn't anyone see the RED FLAGS?".....

There are several Red Flags here. Out of Travis's own words and Text messages(independent of Jodi's testimony/lies), he showed a predilection for pre-teens.

Pedophiles, IMHO, are considerably more evil than 2 consulting adults, who's sex and mind games got out of control.
 
Old 03-02-2013, 08:03 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,470,644 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
The Mormon Church is obviously doing damage control. They don't want the media watching public to focus in on the fact that Travis was a Pedophile . Many pedophiles find acquire access to children thru their church. Pedophiles digress from fantasizing to eventually acting out their compulsions.
I'm sure they don't want Jodi to get out of prison and write a book on what she knows about the Mormon Elders or even what she thinks about that Mormon "faith".
Travis was seeking counseling from a Bishop. Apparently, that didn't help him much.

The accusation of Travis being a pedo were disproven. There was nothing in his home or on his computer. On the day she says she walked in on him there is nothing in her journal about it. According to the text messages from that day and the following day, where she says they fought because of it and he broke her finger, the big deal of the day was her trying to exchange cars with him. Nothing is mentioned of either of those things in their messages....

You obviously have a problem with Mormons so that's on you.

I'm not a Mormon and I don't want Jodi out of jail. She purchased a bigger gun justs weeks after shooting and killing Travis. I guess she developed a taste for killing.
 
Old 03-02-2013, 08:13 PM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,019,075 times
Reputation: 1466
Excluding any testimony from Jodi, Travis's own voice was on that taped phone call expressing arousal on the fantasy of a 12 year old girl reaching climax...that is the markings of a Pedophile.

The texts entered into the trial as evidence clearly show sexual deviant characteristics, and fantasy perpetrating rape.. And, a picture shows Jodi wearing pigtails, a picture says a thousand words. Pedophilia and Rape, bad combo, although all too common.

I definitely have a problem with Pedophiles. And apparently, many religions are riddled with them.
 
Old 03-02-2013, 08:52 PM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,019,075 times
Reputation: 1466
In criminal psychology being diagnoses a sexual deviant isn't a judgement or stigma, it's a psycho-sexual disorder. And it's textbook.

Fact: All persons with psycho-sexual behaviors aren't Pedophiles, but all Pedophiles have psycho-sexual disorders.

Fact: If someone is a convicted felon, they cannot write a book to sell or release from prison. Perhaps this is added motivation to knock off Jodi or keep her in prison.

Fact: Instituted in 1843, the penalty for Mormon Elders for braking an oath was to agree to have " my throat be cut from ear to ear". It's called a "blood oath".

Last edited by trinity1111; 03-02-2013 at 09:03 PM..
 
Old 03-02-2013, 09:44 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,470,644 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Excluding any testimony from Jodi, Travis's own voice was on that taped phone call expressing arousal on the fantasy of a 12 year old girl reaching climax...that is the markings of a Pedophile.

The texts entered into the trial as evidence clearly show sexual deviant characteristics, and fantasy perpetrating rape.. And, a picture shows Jodi wearing pigtails, a picture says a thousand words. Pedophilia and Rape, bad combo, although all too common.

I definitely have a problem with Pedophiles. And apparently, many religions are riddled with them.

I don't personally know too many people (any) that don't have a problem with pedophiles. I'm guessing that the feeling you have for pedophiles is mirrored by the majority of people.

Are you aware that Jodi said she recorded that conversation at Travis' request but he never got a copy and could have freely recorded it himself had he wanted to? Are you aware that she testified that she liked every sexual encounter they had and that the things being discussed in the conversation were purely of a fantasy nature? Are you aware Travis was on tape saying he had never even pleasured himself until he met Jodi? Are you aware that fantasy and reality are two different things?

You say religions are riddled with pedophiles. I would counter that with many people that have behavioural problems try to cloak themselves in religion. I was married to someone that thought that as long as he told everyone he was a Seventh Day Adventist he would always be above reproach. Hiding under the wings of the church only speaks to the member, not the church. This is what Jodi was doing, IMO. Certainly not all pedophiles are linked to religion if that is what you are inferring.

Beyond all of that, are you insinuating that Jodi was justified in this heinous crime? Jodi is having her day in court. Travis is in the position of having to disprove a negative because he is no longer hear to speak. Jodi has had two years to concoct her third or fourth version of the events that transpired. Obviously, pedophilia would be about the worst thing someone could say about another person and that is why she's using it.

You notice in that conversation involving the 12 year old Jodi is using her typical childlike voice. He was actually accurate in his comment. He didn't say he wanted to have sex with a 12 year old, the context was of her playing dress up. I'm not sure that is an uncommon fantasy.

Last edited by Isitmeorarethingsnuts?; 03-02-2013 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: Add
 
Old 03-02-2013, 10:01 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,972 posts, read 22,151,097 times
Reputation: 10714
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
The Mormon Church is obviously doing damage control.
Oh for crying out loud... The Mormon Church is doing no such thing. This trial is of virtually no concern whatsoever to the Church. Do you honestly believe that the LDS Church is the slightest bit worried about what this woman could do to its reputation? Honestly, that is absolutely ridiculous.

Quote:
They don't want the media watching public to focus in on the fact that Travis was a Pedophile.
If, in fact, Travis was a pedophile, it would have had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he was also Mormon. There are pedophiles in every religion and there are pedophiles that have no religion at all.

Quote:
I'm sure they don't want Jodi to get out of prison and write a book on what she knows about the Mormon Elders or even what she thinks about them.
What she knows about the Mormon elders? What on earth would that be anyway? Maybe I should write a book about what I know about the Mormon elders (which is considerably more than Jodi knows). I wonder if it would be a huge best seller. As if anybody is going to take anything this crazy woman says seriously.

Last edited by Katzpur; 03-02-2013 at 10:15 PM..
 
Old 03-02-2013, 10:13 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,972 posts, read 22,151,097 times
Reputation: 10714
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Fact: Instituted in 1843, the penalty for Mormon Elders for braking an oath was to agree to have " my throat be cut from ear to ear". It's called a "blood oath".
Oh, what the arrogance of limited information doesn't do to some people's imaginations. Seriously, you know so incredibly little about this that it's not even funny. I wonder if you even have a clue as to how many Mormon Elders ever had their throats slit for breaking an oath. Do you? In the 182-year history of the LDS Church, that number was exactly ZERO. So why don't you just get off your anti-Mormon soapbox and get back to discussing the facts of the Jodi Arias case and not some obscure topic you know next to nothing about.
 
Old 03-02-2013, 10:26 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,470,644 times
Reputation: 1544
Katzpur

The ridiculous notion that Jodi would have any knowledge about the elders of the church or any other such nonsense could certainly be cleared up by the simple fact that she said she was told that having sex was OK as long as it was under water LOL!

Poking fun at religion seems to be a new trend for some. Gotta have some one to villify, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top