U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-26-2013, 02:43 PM
 
9,912 posts, read 9,306,443 times
Reputation: 8053

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
He is truly Alyce LaViolette's "brother from another mother." Camille Kimball is a local true crime writer who has been blogging about the trial...she had him pegged early on and she wrote a post about it that expresses how a lot of people feel very well.

CAMILLE KIMBALL: Confessions of a Slightly Famous Crime Writer: Jury Foreman for Jodi Arias - Crime Writer Inside the Courtroom

I agree with your comment about Jodi continuing to kill Travis over & over again...she's as relentless as they come, she will never stop trashing him. And the fact that it actually has worked to a degree on even a small number of people just makes me feel ill. It's a sad state of affairs when people show more empathy for murderers than their victims.

I'll bet nobody on the Scott Peterson jury felt sorry for him.

edit - new interview is up now with Juror #6 and 2 others

Jodi Arias Jury Members' 'Trying Experience' | Video - ABC News

I followed various reporters on Twitter and they would tweet on their arrival to the courthouse, Judge Stephens is finishing up another case right now.

WOW ... I just read Camille Kimball's account of Dzevad Selimovic's murder case. The Alexander family was sitting two rows behind where they normally sit waiting for their daily ordeal to start listening to this trial, so they picked up on the end of the Selimovic trial. This guy stabbed his girlfriend, Emina Redza, with a 6" serrated screwdriver ... it started in the bathroom ... he stabbed her in the back, face, throat & hands as she tried to fight back she crawled out of the bathroom ... he then plunged the screwdriver into her temple.

Emina's sister took to the rostrum in the center of the court to tell the court of her grief. The one good thing about today, the unhappy sister said, was that they "won't have to come here any more and see the defendant."

It is so sad the Alexander Family will return and will have to see Arias and go through this hell again.

I guess Juror #18 thinks this is what a murderer is suppose to look like:

Dzevad Selimovic

 
Old 05-26-2013, 04:16 PM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
17,628 posts, read 11,185,645 times
Reputation: 37672
I have to say it has been pretty pleasant not listening to all the talk shows on this trial for the past few days. I feel like I have gotten my life back. Our cable went out Thursday so I couldn't watch any of them until we got a new convertor box on Friday, and even then I stayed away from them.

I think this circus of a trial has burned me out on them for quite a while.

Don
 
Old 05-26-2013, 05:00 PM
 
Location: DFW - Coppell / Las Colinas
32,022 posts, read 36,653,418 times
Reputation: 38651
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I have to say it has been pretty pleasant not listening to all the talk shows on this trial for the past few days. I feel like I have gotten my life back. Our cable went out Thursday so I couldn't watch any of them until we got a new convertor box on Friday, and even then I stayed away from them.
I flipped over to HLN Saturday and Nancy Grace was giving the most dramatic performance. I think she's about as crazy as JA.

Not a woman I'd want to be romantically involved with.
 
Old 05-26-2013, 05:28 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,902,119 times
Reputation: 17987
I've watched Nancy Grace for trial coverage about 10 minutes, Dr Drew once for less than 10 since the trial began.....Buh-Bye...Click. Way to much drama to let myself get sucked into again after following the CA trial.
 
Old 05-26-2013, 06:24 PM
 
25,881 posts, read 39,172,212 times
Reputation: 13870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I flipped over to HLN Saturday and Nancy Grace was giving the most dramatic performance. I think she's about as crazy as JA.

Not a woman I'd want to be romantically involved with.
"Bomb shell tonight!"
 
Old 05-26-2013, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
17,628 posts, read 11,185,645 times
Reputation: 37672
Haha, I bet Nancy is a wild one. She wasn't afraid to expose herself on Dancing with the Stars !

Don
 
Old 05-26-2013, 09:46 PM
 
1,817 posts, read 2,759,647 times
Reputation: 3527
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I followed various reporters on Twitter and they would tweet on their arrival to the courthouse, Judge Stephens is finishing up another case right now.

WOW ... I just read Camille Kimball's account of Dzevad Selimovic's murder case. The Alexander family was sitting two rows behind where they normally sit waiting for their daily ordeal to start listening to this trial, so they picked up on the end of the Selimovic trial. This guy stabbed his girlfriend, Emina Redza, with a 6" serrated screwdriver ... it started in the bathroom ... he stabbed her in the back, face, throat & hands as she tried to fight back she crawled out of the bathroom ... he then plunged the screwdriver into her temple.

Emina's sister took to the rostrum in the center of the court to tell the court of her grief. The one good thing about today, the unhappy sister said, was that they "won't have to come here any more and see the defendant."

It is so sad the Alexander Family will return and will have to see Arias and go through this hell again.

I guess Juror #18 thinks this is what a murderer is suppose to look like:

Dzevad Selimovic
A screwdriver, how horrific. It is interesting how similar their cases are and yet I don't remember hearing anything about the Selimovic murder; not "sexy" enough to make the news, I suppose. At least he had the sense to plead guilty to 1st degree...Arias was arrogant enough to think she could get away with 2nd, if not acquitted.
 
Old 05-27-2013, 09:26 AM
 
1,257 posts, read 4,063,559 times
Reputation: 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
A screwdriver, how horrific. It is interesting how similar their cases are and yet I don't remember hearing anything about the Selimovic murder; not "sexy" enough to make the news, I suppose. At least he had the sense to plead guilty to 1st degree...Arias was arrogant enough to think she could get away with 2nd, if not acquitted.
Did he get death penalty?
 
Old 05-27-2013, 09:29 AM
 
Location: DFW - Coppell / Las Colinas
32,022 posts, read 36,653,418 times
Reputation: 38651
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Haha, I bet Nancy is a wild one. She wasn't afraid to expose herself on Dancing with the Stars !
She wears that Handcuff necklace. Makes me go... Hummmm.

I'd bet she could teach Jodi a few things about kinky.
 
Old 05-27-2013, 10:38 AM
 
1,817 posts, read 2,759,647 times
Reputation: 3527
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
Did he get death penalty?
No, he took a plea bargain and admitted he was guilty of first degree murder. That means they went straight to sentencing and he was able to get life in prison instead of taking a chance on a trial that could have resulted in the death penalty. Arias wanted to plead guilty to second degree murder after she gave up on the ninja story and started claiming self defense. The court knew there was too much evidence against her proving premeditation, so they weren't going to accept that at all. She would have been out of prison in as little as 16 years in that scenario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top