U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2013, 12:44 AM

9,682 posts, read 15,867,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
True. I could have voted DP for Scott, pregnant wife killing scum, Peterson, without blinking. I wonder if on some level, a woman killing a man, we think the man could have fought back. Jodi Arias must be scary strong, to kill a man, with a knife, stabbing him that many times. Just the sheer physical activity, she must have been is some manic zone.

This is why I still think she didn't act alone. Stabbed him ~ 30x, then dragged him back to the shower, and stuffed him into the shower, in a nice, neat sitting position? It simply doesn't add up

So, why doesn't she implicate her accomplists? Well, that would blow her claim that it was not pre-meditated.

A few other questions:

I understood Travis was sharing that house with a few others. where were the roomates during the murder? where are they now, and why don't we hear anything about them, or from them? Could they have been involved?

Also, what about that theory that you could see the attacker(s) in the photo of Travis' eyes? The reflection supposedly showed more than one person. What happened to that theory?

I haven't been watching the JA trial continously since day one, so I may not be up-to-date on all the information.

Last edited by MaryleeII; 05-28-2013 at 01:09 AM..

Old 05-28-2013, 10:34 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,063,559 times
[quote=MaryleeII;29758494]This is why I still think she didn't act alone. Stabbed him ~ 30x, then dragged him back to the shower, and stuffed him into the shower, in a nice, neat sitting position? It simply doesn't add up
QUOTE]

An adrenaline rush can activate many chemicals that gave her extraordinary feats of strength but it can also reduce her ability to think logically. She can still perform but not at a level that she usually did. Basic instinct kicked in at that time. I think this is the reason she left the memory card in the camera. And yes, she was in a manic state.

And thank Fruitlassie and Carolina woman for answering my questions.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:05 AM

21,474 posts, read 14,382,943 times
The room mate was gone at the time of the murder. He testified at the trial, and was the person who found the body.

The reflection in the eye image was never used as evidence in the trial. It was questionable, and the prosecutor already had better evidence.

Jodi had no accomplices. She used an ex-boyfriend as an alibi when she went to his house in Utah after the murder, but the alibi failed in the face of the crime scene evidence.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:29 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,017,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
This is why I still think she didn't act alone. Stabbed him ~ 30x, then dragged him back to the shower, and stuffed him into the shower, in a nice, neat sitting position? It simply doesn't add up

So, why doesn't she implicate her accomplists? Well, that would blow her claim that it was not pre-meditated.

A few other questions:

I understood Travis was sharing that house with a few others. where were the roomates during the murder? where are they now, and why don't we hear anything about them, or from them? Could they have been involved?

Also, what about that theory that you could see the attacker(s) in the photo of Travis' eyes? The reflection supposedly showed more than one person. What happened to that theory?

I haven't been watching the JA trial continously since day one, so I may not be up-to-date on all the information.
You certainly aren't the only one who thinks the whole '62 second killing' doesn't add up.

No doubt, Juan is a FANTASTIC prosecutor, but interested in a conviction, not the whole true story,.whatever the real truth may be........

For starters, 5 of the 7 siblings of the Alexander family have a criminal record including narcotics.

2 siblings served prison time for using someone else's identity. Dennis and Tanisha.

Many think drug cartel may be involved...Travis may have been inadvertently a target of a hit.
Slashing of the neck is a cartel style execution. Perhaps he was targeted wrongly, or involved financially, perhaps bailing out a sibling again..

Travis Alexander’s brother, Dennis Alexander, told HuffPost that Travis Alexander was not involved in the theft and battery. Dennis Alexander said he committed the crime and falsely identified himself to arresting police officers as Travis Alexander.
“That was a time in my life when I was addicted to drugs and was a real mess,” Dennis Alexander said. “I was stealing Sudafed, an ingredient in manufacturing methamphetamines.”

Dennis Alexander said he was attempting to leave the store when he was approached by a security guard. “They tackled me and beat me up pretty good,” he said. “I was already on parole and would have went to prison, so I used Travis’ name and information. When they arrested me, they fingerprinted me and put it in the computer and found out who I was. They sent me to prison for a parole violation.”

The boot footprint in blood was entered into police evidence, Juan never brought it into trial because the shoe size didn't match Jodi's. The defense didn't bring into trial because they went with self -defense (which was a huge failure).

And the roommates, not noticing Travis's hey didn’t think that Travis leaving his car, phone, laptop, CTR ring, and keys there was strange? Is that indicative of someone who’s away in Cancun? And they didn't smell anything? What about Zachery renting a car for just one day, the day Travis was killed. Zachary Billings stated that he did the laundry. He saw Travis on the 5th. Either Zack is lying or the police are lying in their report, because Zack later changed his story, saying he didn’t do the laundry.

We know that Ashley Reed Thompson thought her abusive husband was involved — the same husband, Dustin Thompson, who is currently serving 27 months in prison for mortgage fraud.
Ashley calls police suggesting her then husband was involved in Travis's death, then supposedly shoots herself in the head with a single gunshot, at a downward angle, with a .25 none the less. Sound familiar?

The coroner that examined Travis changes his story from initially stating the gunshot to Travis head came first, then with Juan's lead reversed it completely saying it came later. He says it was a "typo".

Travis probably was a great guy, but he was surrounded with a bunch of characters and family members who were involve in criminal activities, including the roommates. Crazy lying Jodi made the perfect scapegoat as she was there at the killing...No one would believe her, how perfect.

Last edited by trinity1111; 05-28-2013 at 02:51 PM..

Old 05-28-2013, 02:55 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,181,563 times
Some of you guys are REALLY grasping at straws here. Jodi did not have any help, if she did she would have rolled over on them long ago and the forensics would have included other people into the crime scene. Get that idea out of your heads.

This was simply a murder committed by one very sick, very controlling girl who saw the hold she had on Travis slipping away and she wasn't going to put up with it. She was going to show him who had the final say. End of story, period.

As for her having the physical ability to drag his body and stuff it into the shower, bodies slide pretty easily, I imagine, when the floor is slippery with 6 quarts of warm blood. It was a tile floor, and Jodi was said to be very physically fit. It isn't as unimaginable as you might think, some women are not weaklings and can be surprisingly strong. I carried a car battery into the auto store the other night and the female associate took it from me and put that 60 lb monster up on the counter like it was full of feathers. I was panting, she was not.

Nope, done deal, over and done...........Jodi Arias singlehandedly slaughtered Travis Alexander and that is the end of that tune.

Don

Old 05-28-2013, 07:52 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,898,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post

A few other questions:

I don't believe she had accomplice,

I've posted earlier in the thread I thought it odd someone with a career (I assume he went to job everyday) and active social life rotted in a tub for 5 days. Sad.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:25 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,843,645 times
[quote=virgode;29770613]I don't ve she had accomplice,

I've posted earlier in the thread I thought it odd someone with a career (I assume he went to job everyday) and active social life rotted in a tub for 5 days. Sad.[/quote

I don't find it implausible that no one noticed he was missing. I have lived in a few multiple roommate households as an adult, and it was not unusual for us to be oblivious to the schedule's of others. His job did not require him to show up daily - he worked out of his home to a degree and he did have a planned trip in the near future. It would not be unusual to attribute his absence to that trip.

The smell is harder for me to reconcile - BUT I have lived with male roommates who could walk through a room that made my eyes water and not even notice a faint odor.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:21 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,898,417 times
[quote=talloolla;29771036]
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I don't ve she had accomplice,

I've posted earlier in the thread I thought it odd someone with a career (I assume he went to job everyday) and active social life rotted in a tub for 5 days. Sad.[/quote

I don't find it implausible that no one noticed he was missing. I have lived in a few multiple roommate households as an adult, and it was not unusual for us to be oblivious to the schedule's of others. His job did not require him to show up daily - he worked out of his home to a degree and he did have a planned trip in the near future. It would not be unusual to attribute his absence to that trip.

The smell is harder for me to reconcile - BUT I have lived with male roommates who could walk through a room that made my eyes water and not even notice a faint odor.
Thanks talloola, makes sense.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:30 PM

313 posts, read 351,585 times
I don't know how many room mates TA had, but a couple of weeks ago, one guy was on one of the HLN shows (from which I am detoxing, been taking a break since Thursday LOL), one of the room mates was asked about both the discovery and smell issue.

He said the house was over 4000 sq ft, and TA's room was quite large w/ the bathroom and closet area on one end of the house. He claims he was in and out of the house, and didn't smell anything. Make of that what you will.

He also said TA was supposed to leave for Cancun and be gone for several days, so they had no reason to wonder why he had not been seen.

However, he wasn't asked about TA's car still being there...or sightings of JA's rental.

In terms of accomplices, I don't have any trouble believing she acted alone. TA was unsuspecting, & in the shower on a slick surface. The first stab wound was in the back, so she had the element of surprise on her side.

Add rage (at being rejected) to that and I can see how she could have inflicted all those wounds. Given how short a period of time it was, the rage must been something else.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:25 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,759,393 times
Detoxing from HLN is probably not a bad idea. The Jodi Show is just about over for awhile...she's been replaced by Caryn Kelley (meh, who cares) and the Zimmerman trial coming up. But I knew that some of the jurors would be on tonight, so I did tune in for that. The three that they had on were juror #6 and two alternates, all women. One of them said that the four jurors that didn't vote for the DP were all older. I realize that there are many older people who would have had no problem giving her death, but I wasn't surprised by the trend at all.

I will never believe anyone participated in the killing other than Jodi. You could count her friends on one hand, with fingers left to spare. Nobody else liked her. Matt McCartney may have helped her write the pedo letters after the fact, but I do not believe he knew anything beforehand. Certainly the detectives checked the whereabouts of Matt and Darryl on June 4, and the only DNA at the crime scene was Jodi's. It just doesn't make sense that anyone else would have an interest in harming Travis. But one can find all kinds of conspiracy theories on the website that shall not be named...some lunatics over there even suggested that Travis slit his own throat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime