U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2013, 01:26 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,761,855 times

Advertisements

The point is that if different alternates had been picked, the jury split could have been 10-2 or possibly even 11-1 since we don't know how the third alternate would have voted. Anything can happen, but the odds are not in her favor for the retrial.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:27 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,067,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Two of the three alternate jurors have spoken publicly and they said they would have given her death as well.
They probably just said to get their two minutes' fame on TV. I don't believe them. However, during the retrial, if they get a person as determined as you are on the jury, JA probably will get death penalty.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:35 PM

14,253 posts, read 15,355,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
The point is that if different alternates had been picked, the jury split could have been 10-2 or possibly even 11-1 since we don't know how the third alternate would have voted. Anything can happen, but the odds are not in her favor for the retrial.
But different alternates were not picked and had the three alternates been on the jury it still would not have been 12-0.

I really don't see how you can state that the odds are not in her favor for the retrial. The defense just needs to convince one juror that there are mitigating circumstances sufficiently substantial to call for leniency. The prosecution needs to convince all 12 jurors.

Furthermore, the prosecution is held to a higher standard of evidence than the defense:

ARS 13-751 subsection B:

The burden of establishing the existence of any of the aggravating circumstances set forth in subsection F of this section is on the prosecution. The prosecution must prove the existence of the aggravating circumstances beyond a reasonable doubt.

ARS 13-751 subsection C:

The defendant must prove the existence of the mitigating circumstances by a preponderance of the evidence.

(My bold and underline).

That is why my prediction is that she will be sentenced to natural life and not to death. Of course I could be wrong .... we all could.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:11 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,933,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman;29773294

[B
Nope you are wrong[/b] SHE IS ARIAS arrived at Travis Alexander's home around 4:30 AM ... SHE WAS ARIAS on the day she slaughtered him, June 4, 2008. ARIAS drove all night, stealth mode when she hit Arizona, ARIAS had Travis security code number for his garage and walked right in.

Mimi wasn't anywhere near Travis Alexander's home on June 4, 2008 when ARIAS arrived around 4:30 AM.

Not Mimi ... Mimi arrived at Travis' to check June 9th and confirm the Cancun trip since she hadn't been able to get in touch with him ... she made the 911 call along with one of his roommates, her friend Michell. Mimi didn't go into the room or bathroom.
You didn't follow the posts CW. I questioned why no one found Travis for 5 days.

The "She" in my posts would be Mimi. He did ask Mimi to go to Cancun. You answered my question above in read.

The reason I posted I didn't know what to believe, I questioned who was going to Cancun with Travis.

Read the sequence of posts below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode;29770613

I don't believe she had accomplice,

I've posted earlier in the thread I thought it odd someone with a career (I assume he went to job everyday) and active social life rotted in a tub for 5 days. Sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by talloolla View Post

[/quote

I don't find it implausible that no one noticed he was missing. I have lived in a few multiple roommate households as an adult, and it was not unusual for us to be oblivious to the schedule's of others. His job did not require him to show up daily - he worked out of his home to a degree and he did have a planned trip in the near future. It would not be unusual to attribute his absence to that trip.

The smell is harder for me to reconcile - BUT I have lived with male roommates who could walk through a room that made my eyes water and not even notice a faint odor.
[quote=virgode;29771709]
Quote:
Originally Posted by talloolla View Post

Thanks talloola, makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcatnip View Post

He said the house was over 4000 sq ft, and TA's room was quite large w/ the bathroom and closet area on one end of the house. He claims he was in and out of the house, and didn't smell anything. Make of that what you will.

He also said TA was supposed to leave for Cancun and be gone for several days, so they had no reason to wonder why he had not been seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
The square footage explains why roommates hadn't noticed or detected an odor, I guess they respected each others privacy.

The trip to Cancun may have been planned for a later date? You'd think she'd contact a roommate wondering why she hadn't heard from him or he couldn't be reached? Who knows what she could have been thinking.

I'm wondering if she knew TA and JA still had a relationship?

Quote:
To clarify "she", this was posted earlier in the thread. She would be Mimi.

I found this as well, could be the answer? Not sure what to believe.

Yes I did watch her testify, I am saying that the one I posted the pic of (Maria Avila) did have a consensual relationship w Travis, Mimi was not interested.
Who is Travis likely to pick? Of course a girl he is knocking boots with over one who has no interest, sure he probably used Cancun as bait!

Old 05-29-2013, 02:28 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,316,290 times
Today, the Arizona Supreme Court will consider whether to take jurisdiction of an appeal of the death-penalty aggravator in the Jodi Arias case.

Scroll down to Page 3 ... JODI ARIAS v HON. STEPHENS/STATE ex rel MONTGOMERY

http://www.azcourts.gov/Portals/21/A...M_05292013.pdf

Old 05-29-2013, 02:36 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,933,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Maybe Jodi was not the only one with a personality disorder. Of course Mimi didn't know these two were still having sex, just like the other ex girlfriend he cheated on. She just knew Travis' version not the real version. He shared that with her just in case Jodi showed up but he didn't really feel threaten by Jodi.
Yes, it seems he had women he used sexually. Arias attorney summed it up well, sex, lies and dirty little secrets.

We really don't know the true sequence of events leading to his death that day, other than the revealing photos on the camera Jodi hid in the washing machine.

Arias claims it was self defense, she's withholding the truth. Although I've no doubt the course of their relationship did consist of verbal and mental abuse.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:15 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,761,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
They probably just said to get their two minutes' fame on TV. I don't believe them. However, during the retrial, if they get a person as determined as you are on the jury, JA probably will get death penalty.
I'm not sure why you would assume they are lying when the majority of the jurors voted the same way. I don't think most people would not be willing to go on national tv and casually lie about something so serious, unless their name is Jodi Arias.

We'll see what happens with the retrial. All it takes is one gullible person that buys what Jodi is selling, and those people certainly exist and always will.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
You didn't follow the posts CW. I questioned why no one found Travis for 5 days.

The "She" in my posts would be Mimi. He did ask Mimi to go to Cancun. You answered my question above in read.

The reason I posted I didn't know what to believe, I questioned who was going to Cancun with Travis.

Read the sequence of posts below.
virgode, I am sorry, you are right I didn't go back ... just picked up on 'she' and knew in my comment 'she' was ARIAS arriving around 4:30 AM. I was calling Mimi, Misty in another post. Her name is actually Marie Hall just nickname of Mimi.

Cancun wasn't really a vacation it was the "higher uppers" (whatever they called their super producers) of Pre-Paid Legal going on the trip ... and Travis being a higher upper or super producer got to go on the trip and bring a guest. He was dating Mimi and asked her to accompany him.

I watched an interview with one of Travis' PPL friends he said that Arias wasn't really motivated with PPL. Arias was looking for shortcuts to achieve. Arias talked to this friend about how to climb or progress faster with PPL. The only way to advance in this type of system is sign up new recruits (members/associates whatever they are called) and motivate them to sign up more.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Today, the Arizona Supreme Court will consider whether to take jurisdiction of an appeal of the death-penalty aggravator in the Jodi Arias case.

Scroll down to Page 3 ... JODI ARIAS v HON. STEPHENS/STATE ex rel MONTGOMERY

http://www.azcourts.gov/Portals/21/A...M_05292013.pdf

Update: Without comment the Arizona Supreme Court declined jurisdiction over Jodi Arias' appeal of ''cruelty" death-penalty aggravator.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...00a_story.html

Last edited by CarolinaWoman; 05-29-2013 at 04:32 PM..

Old 05-29-2013, 05:12 PM

17,652 posts, read 11,215,003 times
I haven't had to see JA's face on TV for the past few days and it has been soooooooooooooooo pleasant !

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime