Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2013, 10:35 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Katzpur

The ridiculous notion that Jodi would have any knowledge about the elders of the church or any other such nonsense could certainly be cleared up by the simple fact that she said she was told that having sex was OK as long as it was under water LOL!

Poking fun at religion seems to be a new trend for some. Gotta have some one to villify, I guess.
Apparently so.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:40 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
When pedophiles get FINALLY get caught after RUINING the lives of multiple children, everyone, especially parents, scratch their head and ask "how could this happen, in OUR CHURCH of all places?!!", "where were the signs?", "why didn't anyone see the RED FLAGS?".....

There are several Red Flags here. Out of Travis's own words and Text messages(independent of Jodi's testimony/lies), he showed a predilection for pre-teens.

Pedophiles, IMHO, are considerably more evil than 2 consulting adults, who's sex and mind games got out of control.
I only saw Jodi's lies and interpretations that are based all on hear say...no proof whatsoever.

It is sad that you bring this up while the man's throat was sliced open and stabbed even in the back and not one shred of evidence about what you are saying but I guess you are falling for the evil person who can't keep one story straight.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:48 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,266,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Anyone following this case? I didn't see a thread about here at C-D.

While her lies about what happened make it seem like she did it, it does seem a bit odd to me that the attack was so violent. The best explanation I can come up with for that is that her first attempt to kill him did not work, so it led her to keep using different methods until he was finally dead.
I think they are speculating that she stabbed him in the chest first, but it didn't kill him, so she then shot him. I guess I don't know how the stabs in his upper back and across his neck figure in to this scenario.
Like I said, given that she is someone without any known history of aggressive or violent behavior, I find it a bit amazing that this girl would do all of this.
I saw her on TV testifying for the first time last week. Hadn't heard much about this but was totally floored over this whole thing. She did admit to killing him; the prosecutor was relentless with her and she finally cracked. I don't know how someone of her stature could have done so much damage without him fighting back..he was a good sized guy. I am wondering if she doped him up first. Regardless, she is guilty, guilty, guilty. What a sick lady for sure.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:39 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,824 times
I'm posting a link that shows a photo of Travis and Jodi standing side by side. Travis was about 5'9" and Jodi was about 5'6". It seems as if through media or testimony Travis has been portrayed as larger than life. He was not a large man and Jodi was not a small woman.

It's hard to imagine that all this carnage could have happened in such a short span of time. It's even harder to imagine one person doing this to another human being. The photo showing her dragging him proves that she was in fact capable of carrying out this crime.

Jodi Arias Murder Trial - Graphic Photos from the Travis Alexander murder case | WildAboutTrial.com

Old 03-03-2013, 08:51 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Quote:
I'm posting a link that shows a photo of Travis and Jodi standing side by side. Travis was about 5'9" and Jodi was about 5'6". It seems as if through media or testimony Travis has been portrayed as larger than life. He was not a large man and Jodi was not a small woman.

It's hard to imagine that all this carnage could have happened in such a short span of time. It's even harder to imagine one person doing this to another human being. The photo showing her dragging him proves that she was in fact capable of carrying out this crime.

Jodi Arias Murder Trial - Graphic Photos from the Travis Alexander murder case | WildAboutTrial.com
Of course she's capable of doing it. She already admitted doing it before the trial even started.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:18 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I only saw Jodi's lies and interpretations that are based all on hear say...no proof whatsoever.

It is sad that you bring this up while the man's throat was sliced open and stabbed even in the back and not one shred of evidence about what you are saying but I guess you are falling for the evil person who can't keep one story straight.

If you been following this thread from the beginning of the trial I stated my opinion clearly on Jan.21,2013:

"I agree, Jodi qualifies as a true sociopath.

Sociopaths are masters at influence and deception. Very little of what they say actually checks out in terms of facts or reality, but they're extremely skillful at making the things they say sound believable, even if they're just making them up out of thin air.[LEFT]
Sociopaths are masters are presenting themselves as someone with high morals and philosophy.

Sociopaths are charming and often appear to be sexy or have a strong sexual attraction..

Sociopaths are master wordsmiths, expert storytellers, even poetic at times. Note
in the 48 hour interview.

It will be very interesting to watch the defense present their side....Furthermore,
will Jodi take the stand?? It would be a great performance ...."
[

I, personally, still believe Jodi is a sociopath, committed murder, and deserves due consequences for her actions. I've never stated otherwise.

However, if I were on her defense team, sworn to defend her, I would have gone for Crime of Passion, therefore taking out the death penalty, and in lieu of an acquittal, Jodi would get Volentary Manslaughter. I would have brought in Psychiatrists and a Forensic Psychology team outlining Battered Woman Syndrome.

Last edited by trinity1111; 03-03-2013 at 10:44 AM..

Old 03-03-2013, 10:52 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,399 times
"You notice in that conversation involving the 12 year old Jodi is using her typical childlike voice. He was actually accurate in his comment. He didn't say he wanted to have sex with a 12 year old, the context was of her playing dress up. I'm not sure that is an uncommon fantasy.[/quote]"

I disagree. I would file any sexual fantasy play involving 12 year olds, under sexual deviant behavior. Ever watch "To Catch a Predictor''?

Furthermore it takes two to tango. Travis opted out of utilizing the legal system to rid himself of Jodi. There's no Restraining Order filed, no Police Reports made. He went to his Bishop for help on his chastity problem, but obviously chose not to follow guidance there. No changed locks, no texts, emails, phone calls to the effect of "stay away".

Jumping back in bed with his alleged psycho-stalker was playing with fire. Travis was a 30 year old man. He made choices. Bad choices.

Last edited by trinity1111; 03-03-2013 at 11:04 AM..

Old 03-03-2013, 11:32 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
You notice in that conversation involving the 12 year old Jodi is using her typical childlike voice. He was actually accurate in his comment. He didn't say he wanted to have sex with a 12 year old, the context was of her playing dress up. I'm not sure that is an uncommon fantasy.
I disagree. I would file any sexual fantasy play involving 12 year olds, under sexual deviant behavior.[/quote]

If you listen to the phone call what he stated was that Jodi sounded like a 12 year old. And she did sound like a 12 year old.

He never stated that he wanted her to be 12 or that he was interested in 12 year olds.

I have heard plenty of guys joking about girls dressing up as cheerleaders or French maid outfits. None of them are pedophiles. Also of note, shortly after this direction in the conversation Travis said he was tired and kept trying to get off the phone. Many things in their conversation would be deviant to at least SOME people. But none of them pointed to pedophilia IMO.

To set the record straight, I don't agree with some of the things he did. He may have been checking out other women and such. But, IMO, that does not add up to abuse. If we get to the point as a society where it is deemed acceptable to hack someone up for infidelity we are in trouble.

In true domestic violence cases the victim is trapped in the house with their abuser with no where to turn or is stalked if they are able to remove themselves from the situation. Jodi was neither. The call about a week prior to the killing showed Travis wanted her gone and was no longer persuing her in any way.

I have been abused and have worked hotlines for abuse. The idea that someone threatened her life and the violence that ensued following that and her ability to go and kiss up a guy she had never met in person the next day is just preposterous. She WAS the abuser, IMO.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:34 PM

[/quote]
I disagree. I would file any sexual fantasy play involving 12 year olds, under sexual deviant behavior. Ever watch "To Catch a Predictor''?

Furthermore it takes two to tango. Travis opted out of utilizing the legal system to rid himself of Jodi. There's no Restraining Order filed, no Police Reports made. He went to his Bishop for help on his chastity problem, but obviously chose not to follow guidance there. No changed locks, no texts, emails, phone calls to the effect of "stay away".

Jumping back in bed with his alleged psycho-stalker was playing with fire. Travis was a 30 year old man. He made choices. Bad choices.[/quote]

Many people make bad choices but how any people end up like this...she is and was a nut case and he didn't expect this to come and I believe he thought she was far away and never expected her to come that night and if the sx was good and he was going away he might not have thought clearly.

I can't even imagine someone capable of doing something she admitted of having done...

Old 03-03-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
I disagree. I would file any sexual fantasy play involving 12 year olds, under sexual deviant behavior.

If you listen to the phone call what he stated was that Jodi sounded like a 12 year old. And she did sound like a 12 year old.

He never stated that he wanted her to be 12 or that he was interested in 12 year olds.

I have heard plenty of guys joking about girls dressing up as cheerleaders or French maid outfits. None of them are pedophiles. Also of note, shortly after this direction in the conversation Travis said he was tired and kept trying to get off the phone. Many things in their conversation would be deviant to at least SOME people. But none of them pointed to pedophilia IMO.

To set the record straight, I don't agree with some of the things he did. He may have been checking out other women and such. But, IMO, that does not add up to abuse. If we get to the point as a society where it is deemed acceptable to hack someone up for infidelity we are in trouble.

In true domestic violence cases the victim is trapped in the house with their abuser with no where to turn or is stalked if they are able to remove themselves from the situation. Jodi was neither. The call about a week prior to the killing showed Travis wanted her gone and was no longer persuing her in any way.

I have been abused and have worked hotlines for abuse. The idea that someone threatened her life and the violence that ensued following that and her ability to go and kiss up a guy she had never met in person the next day is just preposterous. She WAS the abuser, IMO.[/quote]

No abused woman will drive for so many hours with gas cans and food in the car to avoid being seen on a camera just to have sex and drive back home...that is called pre-meditation for whatever she planned to do...add a gun and a knife and man with a sliced throat, 29 stab wounds (9 to the back) and a final gun shot...and you have someone who should get and deserves the death penalty for which I'm all in favor...if it is not 100% sure, I have some doubt about it but she confessed so what more are we waiting for...

Justice for Travis and his family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime