U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2013, 05:20 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,906,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingling View Post
they probably just said to get their two minutes' fame on tv. I don't believe them. However, during the retrial,

if they get a person as determined as you are on the jury, ja probably will get death penalty.
Not
You're assuming there was no one on the jury with persuasion abilities. If I were the only one on a jury against the DP...you couldn't persuade me.

Last edited by virgode; 05-29-2013 at 05:29 PM..

Old 05-29-2013, 05:32 PM

2,683 posts, read 3,417,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Detoxing from HLN is probably not a bad idea. The Jodi Show is just about over for awhile...she's been replaced by Caryn Kelley (meh, who cares) and the Zimmerman trial coming up. But I knew that some of the jurors would be on tonight, so I did tune in for that. The three that they had on were juror #6 and two alternates, all women. One of them said that the four jurors that didn't vote for the DP were all older. I realize that there are many older people who would have had no problem giving her death, but I wasn't surprised by the trend at all.

I will never believe anyone participated in the killing other than Jodi. You could count her friends on one hand, with fingers left to spare. Nobody else liked her. Matt McCartney may have helped her write the pedo letters after the fact, but I do not believe he knew anything beforehand. Certainly the detectives checked the whereabouts of Matt and Darryl on June 4, and the only DNA at the crime scene was Jodi's. It just doesn't make sense that anyone else would have an interest in harming Travis. But one can find all kinds of conspiracy theories on the website that shall not be named...some lunatics over there even suggested that Travis slit his own throat.
Well you can always read an anti-Jodi website. Looks similar to a "website that shall not be named"

Jodi Arias is a butcher

They firmly believe that SJ of the pro-Jodi site is taking the money from donations for himself.

And this:

http://jodiariasguilty.com/the-worst...t-com-exposed/

Old 05-29-2013, 06:22 PM

21,482 posts, read 14,393,529 times
To put things into a wider perspective:
The judge has been trying another murder trial at the same time the Arias trial was going on.
For whatever reasons, probably due to the 48 Hours shows and the fact that both murderer and victim were young, good looking and lived semi-glamorous lives, (and then all the stuff that happened during the trial), The Arias trial overshadowed the other one completely. The other trial is more mundane.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:13 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,307,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The judge has been trying another murder trial at the same time the Arias trial was going on.
For whatever reasons, probably due to the 48 Hours shows and the fact that both murderer and victim were young, good looking and lived semi-glamorous lives, (and then all the stuff that happened during the trial), The Arias trial overshadowed the other one completely. The other trial is more mundane.
What trial was that? I like to dig around in trials. LOL

They must keep those judges jumping ... I always thought goodness Judge Stephens is a lazy woman sleeping in and starting at 10:00 or 11:00 ... then I found out some mornings she had two trials before the Arias trial even started! Selimovic/Redza trial was held early each morning before the Arias trial.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:15 PM

21,482 posts, read 14,393,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
What trial was that? I like to dig around in trials. LOL

They must keep those judges jumping ... I always thought goodness Judge Stephens is a lazy woman sleeping in and starting at 10:00 or 11:00 ... then I found out some mornings she had two trials before the Arias trial even started! Selimovic/Redza trial was held early each morning before the Arias trial.
That's the other murder trial.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
That's the other murder trial.
Judge Stephens sentenced him to natural life ... not eligible for commutation, parole, work furlough, work release or release from confinement on any basis. All the media was waiting in the hall to get into the Arias trial and this trial was going on ... no fanfare, no media blitz.

If Arias next jury is hung that's it for juries ... it's on Judge Stephens shoulders then. The Judge cannot sentence anyone to death, that takes a jury verdict, but she can sentence a defendant to natural life.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:39 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,906,055 times
Quote:

Read Selimovic was a married man with a family having an affair. Have you seen his mug shots?

I'm trying to figure how he hooked a 27yr old? Certainly not glamorous enough for the media to have a field day with.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Read Selimovic was a married man with a family having an affair. Have you seen his mug shots?

I'm trying to figure how he hooked a 27yr old? Certainly not glamorous enough for the media to have a field day with.
He said she was his girlfriend for two years ... they shared an apartment for three months and he paid all her debts ... then she left him ... moved to Arizona. He left his wife of 18 years and 2 children for her. But this doesn't give him the right to stab her to death with a 6" serrated screwdriver.

But we don't know Emina's side of the story.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:54 PM

313 posts, read 351,624 times
Yikes, that Selimovic dude looks scary! No wonder HLN has ignored him. No 48 hrs, Dateline, Inside Edition of jail house interviews for him. I don't get why this young nice looking woman would have an affair w/ him..wouldn't be the first time one has seen this though.

Selimovic had to know he was staring at DP, and was smart to plead to life. If JA looked like him, she'd be toast too. There is a definite double-standard where not just good looking women, but also rich people get the benefit of the doubt when they don't deserve it.

I just caught a news story about Caryn Kelly, a realtor in FL charged w/ killing her b.f. The woman changed her story 5 times. Another somewhat good-looking woman acquitted of the crime.

Makes me think if JA had stayed off the stand, she too might have been acquitted or got Murder 2. She reminds me of JA in some ways w/ her "I'm going to Disneyland" response when asked what she was going to do now that she had been acquitted.

Back to JA, she's tweeting again and as usual, no remorse. The woman has 1 hr out of her cell for showering, exercise, phone, etc. and this is how she chooses to spend her time? JA just cannot stand to be out of the lime light.

Last I heard prosecution is still pursuing DP, and DT is still on the case. I'm not going to be following that as closely b/c I can't take much more. I need to get back to my life!

Old 05-30-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcatnip View Post
Yikes, that Selimovic dude looks scary! No wonder HLN has ignored him. No 48 hrs, Dateline, Inside Edition of jail house interviews for him. I don't get why this young nice looking woman would have an affair w/ him..wouldn't be the first time one has seen this though.

Selimovic had to know he was staring at DP, and was smart to plead to life. If JA looked like him, she'd be toast too. There is a definite double-standard where not just good looking women, but also rich people get the benefit of the doubt when they don't deserve it.

I just caught a news story about Caryn Kelly, a realtor in FL charged w/ killing her b.f. The woman changed her story 5 times. Another somewhat good-looking woman acquitted of the crime.

Makes me think if JA had stayed off the stand, she too might have been acquitted or got Murder 2. She reminds me of JA in some ways w/ her "I'm going to Disneyland" response when asked what she was going to do now that she had been acquitted.

Back to JA, she's tweeting again and as usual, no remorse. The woman has 1 hr out of her cell for showering, exercise, phone, etc. and this is how she chooses to spend her time? JA just cannot stand to be out of the lime light.

Last I heard prosecution is still pursuing DP, and DT is still on the case. I'm not going to be following that as closely b/c I can't take much more. I need to get back to my life!
OJ was famous.
Casey Anthony was attractive and Caylee Marie Anthony was a smart and beautiful baby.
Scott Petersen was good looking and Laci was beautiful and sweet and pregnant.
Drew Peterson was a cop married 4 times and a total smart ass.
Arias had it all.
Caryn Kelly trial was overshadowed by Arias trial.
Zimmerman is going to be racial, I don't know why because it's Black vs Hispanic. But if media blitz show up so will Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. They need to call a Pinellas 12 jury. LOL

Have you checked out the trial going on right now Brett Seacat is charged with murdering his wife Vashti. Handsome guy, a cop. two children. Beautiful wife, high school sweethearts. Google Brett Seacat. Wife shot in the head twice through the blanket/bedspread over her head, upstairs area where she was sleeping set on fire, gas cans in her bedroom. She had filed for a divorce. He and the two children got out of burning home. He says she committed suicide.

Brett Seacat

Vashti Seacat

For whatever reason the Arias trial has been "The Trial" ... it has stirred up the country and even the world the murder was so horrible.

I would like to see the Prosecutor offer Arias Life with no parole ever ever ever and make this announcement public and see how Arias would react to this ... she wanted 2nd degree and would walk in 10-16 years ... sure ... actually Arias feels she shouldn't be there in the first place. Of course I am sure the Alexander family wants the death penalty.

I am sure if the Prosecutor offered her Life with no parole, no work furlough, no work release or release from confinement on any basis ... in other words you are going to die in that little cell. Arias would turn it down and take her chances back in the courtroom.

I just hope the judge doesn't allow her to testify on the stand for 18 more days. I sincerely hope they don't bring ALV or Doc Sam back. This is suppose to last six week since it's just the sentencing portion death or life. But the first trial wasn't suppose to last FOREVER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime