U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2013, 04:47 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,300,737 times

Advertisements

Perryville Death row Video

3TV takes you to death row at the women

Old 05-30-2013, 05:31 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,758,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
:

Have you checked out the trial going on right now Brett Seacat is charged with murdering his wife Vashti. Handsome guy, a cop. two children. Beautiful wife, high school sweethearts. Google Brett Seacat. Wife shot in the head twice through the blanket/bedspread over her head, upstairs area where she was sleeping set on fire, gas cans in her bedroom. She had filed for a divorce. He and the two children got out of burning home. He says she committed suicide.

Brett Seacat

Vashti Seacat

For whatever reason the Arias trial has been "The Trial" ... it has stirred up the country and even the world the murder was so horrible.

I would like to see the Prosecutor offer Arias Life with no parole ever ever ever and make this announcement public and see how Arias would react to this ... she wanted 2nd degree and would walk in 10-16 years ... sure ... actually Arias feels she shouldn't be there in the first place. Of course I am sure the Alexander family wants the death penalty.

I am sure if the Prosecutor offered her Life with no parole, no work furlough, no work release or release from confinement on any basis ... in other words you are going to die in that little cell. Arias would turn it down and take her chances back in the courtroom.

I just hope the judge doesn't allow her to testify on the stand for 18 more days. I sincerely hope they don't bring ALV or Doc Sam back. This is suppose to last six week since it's just the sentencing portion death or life. But the first trial wasn't suppose to last FOREVER.
I saw a bit of the Brett Seacat interrogation...what a sweetie (not). I guess he thought he would be able to get away with it because of his police background. Drew Peterson was a cop too...

I couldn't handle any more of that drunken screeching Caryn Kelley tape on HLN so I'm glad that's over, although she probably should have gotten manslaughter. Hard to know what transpired with 2 wasted people and a firearm. I'm trying to avoid Zimmerman, but if he takes the stand I'm sure I'll watch. Andrea Sneiderman's trial looks like a doozy too...

The county attorney held a press conference today, he said they are still planning to go ahead with the retrial but the defense has a right to make an appeal (doesn't mean it will be accepted though). If Arias is smart she will plea for LWOP, because from what I understand there is no parole offered in Arizona at all any more, though of course that could change at some point.

Prosecutor discusses next steps for Arias case

Last edited by fruitlassie; 05-30-2013 at 06:28 PM..

Old 05-30-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
I saw a bit of the Brett Seacat interrogation...what a sweetie (not). I guess he thought he would be able to get away with it because of his police background. Drew Peterson was a cop too...

I couldn't handle any more of that drunken screeching Caryn Kelley tape on HLN so I'm glad that's over, although she probably should have gotten manslaughter. Hard to know what transpired with 2 wasted people and a firearm. I'm trying to avoid Zimmerman, but if he takes the stand I'm sure I'll watch. Andrea Sneiderman's trial looks like a doozy too...

The county attorney held a press conference today, he said they are still planning to go ahead with the retrial but the defense has a right to make an appeal. If Arias is smart she will take LWOP, because from what I understand there is no parole offered in Arizona at all any more, though of course that could change at some point.

Prosecutor discusses next steps for Arias case

Can you believe that woman, Andrea Sneiderman ... I watched the trial when Hemy Neuman was convicted of killing Andrea's husband and at that time she had an attitude. I am so glad they are going after her for perjury too. Her poor husband was killed outside their child's daycare center. Andrea acted like even being in court was beneath her, she was real snippy with her answers and Hemy was pitiful.

Juan will want to go after the death penalty anyway ... but if the Prosecutor went PUBLIC ... all news networks with a Life without parole with NO APPEALS ... actually life with nothing left but to die there. Arias would turn that down.

At least with this next jury if they end up hung, it's over and Judge Stephens can sentence her to one of the Life options and I would think Judge Stephens would go with the LWOP.

I was reading about Marcia Powell a 48-year-old inmate who died May 20, 2009 after four hours in an outside cage at Perryville Prison. ... 107 degree temps ... cause of death to be due to complications from heat exposure. The prison administrator was fired and 16 employees suspended or disciplined, not terminated so they are still there. I don't think Perryville is a Club Med prison. I don't think I would want to spend any time there ... I don't think I would even want to visit the place.

I was reading death row inmates can purchase two appliances from the commissary. What does that mean ... a TV (yes) ... DVD Player ... PS3 ... a Computer ... Wii ... Refrigerator ... I am curious about the two appliances they can purchase. Arias had $2,200.00 in her Estrella Jail commisary account and on her Twitter account Arias asked people to stop sending money to her commissary account, just send it to her parents via the website that won't be named.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:19 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,166,763 times
Ya know, with all these crazy women like JA, CK, and AS around, it sure makes a guy think that celibacy isn't all that bad !!!! You never know what nutcase you are climbing into bed with any more.

Whatever happened to women who would just dump bleach on your clothes when they were mad at you ?

Don

Old 05-31-2013, 12:53 AM

3,904 posts, read 6,196,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ya know, with all these crazy women like JA, CK, and AS around, it sure makes a guy think that celibacy isn't all that bad !!!! You never know what nutcase you are climbing into bed with any more.

Whatever happened to women who would just dump bleach on your clothes when they were mad at you ?

Don
The times have a-changed my man.lol

Old 05-31-2013, 04:10 AM

25,877 posts, read 39,142,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

Don
Some cut off some body parts... or just one

The other way around is also scary..some just put a woman in a suitcase or in a cooler and put them in the freezer so you have to watch out who you hang out with.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:43 AM

1,817 posts, read 2,758,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Can you believe that woman, Andrea Sneiderman ... I watched the trial when Hemy Neuman was convicted of killing Andrea's husband and at that time she had an attitude. I am so glad they are going after her for perjury too. Her poor husband was killed outside their child's daycare center. Andrea acted like even being in court was beneath her, she was real snippy with her answers and Hemy was pitiful.

Juan will want to go after the death penalty anyway ... but if the Prosecutor went PUBLIC ... all news networks with a Life without parole with NO APPEALS ... actually life with nothing left but to die there. Arias would turn that down.

At least with this next jury if they end up hung, it's over and Judge Stephens can sentence her to one of the Life options and I would think Judge Stephens would go with the LWOP.

I was reading about Marcia Powell a 48-year-old inmate who died May 20, 2009 after four hours in an outside cage at Perryville Prison. ... 107 degree temps ... cause of death to be due to complications from heat exposure. The prison administrator was fired and 16 employees suspended or disciplined, not terminated so they are still there. I don't think Perryville is a Club Med prison. I don't think I would want to spend any time there ... I don't think I would even want to visit the place.

I was reading death row inmates can purchase two appliances from the commissary. What does that mean ... a TV (yes) ... DVD Player ... PS3 ... a Computer ... Wii ... Refrigerator ... I am curious about the two appliances they can purchase. Arias had $2,200.00 in her Estrella Jail commisary account and on her Twitter account Arias asked people to stop sending money to her commissary account, just send it to her parents via the website that won't be named.
Yeah, I saw a bit of Andrea's testimony, she is something else.

The appliances available at Perryville don't get any fancier than the tv...the others are things like a fan, a desk lamp, radio, cd player or alarm clock. I hope they only get very limited cable stations...it would be nice if they just got HLN so JA can watch her favorite reporter Nancy Grace.

This young lady will be part of the welcome wagon at Perryville. She says in the interview that she hopes to kill again...look out JA!

Cold Blooded Woman Angela Simpson Interview After Getting Life In Prison! - YouTube

Old 05-31-2013, 11:19 AM

17,628 posts, read 11,166,763 times
I just watched the news conference from Az where they were discussing the options the State has in this case, ie, they can go forward with the DP phase or they can be receptive to a plea of LWOP, if the family is agreeable to that possibility. I don't know if the Alexander family reads any of these threads, but if they do I would urge them to go for the LWOP if it is put on the table.

My reasoning is that they have suffered enough for 10 lifetimes already. We can only begin to imagine how all of this has affected their lives. Although the jurors couldn't get this thing all the way to the finish line as far as death, they did find her guilty and she will spend the rest of her days in a cage, being treated like a rabid animal. It is time for the family to begin the healing process. You will never totally forget but you can begin to live again and take comfort in the fact that JA did not get away with this horrible crime.

Yes, we would all love to see JA get the needle, probably no one more than Travis' family, but JA will be in her own personal little hell for a lot of years. If I were the Alexanders I would wake up every morning and revel in the knowledge that my day will be so much better than the one JA will be having. That would help me in getting better. Please consider this option, it is time to put as much of this behind you as possible.

Don

Old 05-31-2013, 01:48 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,703,820 times
And really, if we go with what Arias wants, the death penalty, life in prison is NOT what she wants. So, I say rot in there.

This does hit on an issue I have with prison though, food, shelter, medical care, recreation, mental health treatment, medication, all free, for life. That just annoys me. I suppose I think prison should be a gulag, in a rock quarry, with prisoners moving large rocks from one side of the quarry to the other, 10 hours a day, by hand, sleep on a cold bare floor, and work until dead. Food, a piece of moldy bread, some cold water. Prison should be harsh.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Yeah, I saw a bit of Andrea's testimony, she is something else.

The appliances available at Perryville don't get any fancier than the tv...the others are things like a fan, a desk lamp, radio, cd player or alarm clock. I hope they only get very limited cable stations...it would be nice if they just got HLN so JA can watch her favorite reporter Nancy Grace.

This young lady will be part of the welcome wagon at Perryville. She says in the interview that she hopes to kill again...look out JA!
WOW ... she's a real sweetheart. I don't think she would join Arias' book club. I didn't follow the Simpson case but I do remember the news reports when it happened. She definitely don't like white people.

Could you even imagine spending forever with this kind of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime