U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2013, 12:39 AM

9,917 posts, read 9,316,290 times

Advertisements

Do you recall how many times Nurmi said "Dirty Little Secret" ... over and over and over again.

I didn't watch the Casey Anthony movie (if they even had one) nor the Natalee Holloway movie and I won't watch this one. We all saw the real thing. I did buy Jeff Ashton's book 'Imperfect Justice' and it was worth reading.

Old 06-09-2013, 03:09 PM

332 posts, read 734,962 times
She must have been abused by someone either ex boyfriends, family, other people for her to have lost sanity over a man. I know a couple of girls who went crazy and obsessive over a man for the same reasons jodi did that they made it mostly about sex and passion and control on both ends but in the end they lead them on with promises of love, future, fidelity but left them with a loss of sanity after these contradicted what they said. I don't think these psychological things just happen there has to be a cause for someone to lose reason and act out in rage.

Interesting, Travis alexander was abused by his mother. Usually if a boy doesn't have a good relationship with their mother they end up hating and demeaning women. An excerpt from his bio:
"Most commonly was a beating for waking her up. It hurt but we got used to it. I learned how to turn so that when she hit me she would strike my back and arms, the pain was less there. If it was just that I think it would have been relatively manageable. "
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Betty Broderick was abused. Susan Wright was abused. (Doesn't excuse either of their crimes, however.) Travis Alexander was abused.

Jodi was never abused a day in her life! If you believe otherwise then you are buying into all of her manipulation, calculation and deceit. No stoning or lynching from me...just pity.

Old 06-09-2013, 03:21 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,761,855 times
She didn't "lose sanity." You are trying to ascribe logic to her actions, which is silly, because she is a psychopath. Some people are stuck on this idea that the woman is always the victim, and some man HAD to provoke her into doing this. I disagree 100%. Nobody would be trying to argue that point if the genders were switched.

Some people are just born evil, and Jodi is one of them.

Old 06-09-2013, 03:36 PM

This is a point without logic. There is logic to about everything except spirituality. No one is born evil there is no proof of that. A person's environment shape who they are or become. It is like puppies, what they learn while growing up and everything they are taught stay until they are older. I think they are both victims but of each other and their environment. This off with her head mentality is absurd it is like they are too busy trying to burn jodi at the stake without trying to see what could possibly have gone through this ordinary woman's mind that caused her to act out to this one particular man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
She didn't "lose sanity." You are trying to ascribe logic to her actions, which is silly, because she is a psychopath. Some people are stuck on this idea that the woman is always the victim, and some man HAD to provoke her into doing this. I disagree 100%. Nobody would be trying to argue that point if the genders were switched.

Some people are just born evil, and Jodi is one of them.

Old 06-09-2013, 03:52 PM

14,253 posts, read 15,355,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cra2ybeautiful View Post
This is a point without logic. There is logic to about everything except spirituality. No one is born evil there is no proof of that. A person's environment shape who they are or become. It is like puppies, what they learn while growing up and everything they are taught stay until they are older. I think they are both victims but of each other and their environment. This off with her head mentality is absurd it is like they are too busy trying to burn jodi at the stake without trying to see what could possibly have gone through this ordinary woman's mind that caused her to act out to this one particular man.
She didn't 'act out'. She murdered him with premeditation.

She is not a 'victim', She is a convicted criminal who is guilty of 1st degree murder.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:06 PM

Exactly, act out meaning what caused her to murder this one man. She wasn't even with him as long as she was with her ex fiancee. Yep, she is a convicted criminal and guilty. Like I said, both victims of each other. However, question is what caused her to act out this way to this one man? If she is psycho as you all say then wouldn't life in a mental ward be more adequate than execution?

I think this is the reason why the jury quit and couldn't come to a conclusion about how to penalize her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
She didn't 'act out'. She murdered him with premeditation.

She is not a 'victim', She is a convicted criminal who is guilty of 1st degree murder.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:57 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,316,290 times
Five years ago today ... Travis Alexander's mutilated body was found in his shower by his friends.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,290 times
Lady Ice is right. The language in Dr. Horn's autopsy report of Travis Alexander all say the brain looked okay. For him to say the statement in the report, "The dura mater and falx cerebri are intact" is a typo makes not sense. If the dura mater had been ruptured by a bullet, the doctor would have described the rupture, stated its location, and its size. None of these things are in his autopsy report. Furthermore, the falx cerebri is not in the path of the bullet. So the typo should have looked like this: The dura mater is intact. The falx cerebri is intact (he would have meant to write, The dura mater is not intact. The falx cerebri is intact).

The statement in the autopsy reporting an intact dura mater is consistent with the rest of the language describing the brain in the doctor's report. He took careful pains to list and describe all the other injures on Alexander's body. Why would he not describe the injury to the brain?

The thing is, he found two holes in the skull, one in the forehead and one in the base of the skull. His first impulse was to think this indicated the bullet track. He was wrong, but it's understandable.

A .25 caliber bullet, 35 to 50 grains, will hardly penetrate the skull bone of the forehead, especially if the bullet strikes the forehead at a dramatic angle. Too many people have walked into too many emergency rooms around the world with .25 caliber bullets under their scalps, having been shot in the head. The bullet tends to deflect off the skull and get trapped under the skin.

The bullet that struck Alexander hit his skull right at the edge of the superior (upper) right sinus cavity. Striking the forehead at a dramatic angle, it deflected and penetrated the sinus cavity. Then it bounced off the thinner bone in the sinus cavity which is the wall between the brain and the cavity. This knocks a hole in the wall, but the bullet does not penetrate. (Bullets glance off things all the time, leaving holes without penetrating). The bullet, traveling downward and at an angle across Alexander's face, follows the sinus cavity until it reaches the perpendicular plate of ethmoid bone, which is attached to the cribriform plate. 'Alexander's cribriform plate was almost completely missing, which made the doctor think it was the bullet's exit hole. If a bullet strikes the perpendicular plate of ethmoid bone, the impact will shatter the cribriform plate, leaving a large hole in the base of the skull.

The bullet continues though the inferior (lower) left sinus cavity, busting out the far side to emerge under the soft tissue of Alexander's left cheek.

This bullet path is almost a straight line from entry to final resting place. The doctor's bullet path zigzags from entry to the cribriform plate, and then back toward the soft tissue of Alexander's left cheek.

I believe the doctor reported exactly what he found, even if it did not make sense to him. He kept saying, the bullet "must have" passed through the brain. He still can't figure out how the bullet could transect the brain and leave an intact dura mater. It did not.

This means Arias could have shot Alexander first, and the doctor may have lied under oath.

Innocence: An Argument for Jodi Arias
[url=http://www.herrspeightsventures.com]Herr Speights Ventures Home Page, A Montana Creative Company: fiction, nonfiction, audio books, and the like. The fine art nature photography of Richard Speights.[/url]

Old 06-10-2013, 12:34 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,020,050 times
Wow, that was a thorough and logical analysis. I didn't buy the 'typo' explanation either, or the 'pudding' mumble jumble. Appeared like Juan led Dr. Horn thru the testimony, and at least one of the jurors caught it, and questioned Dr. Horn in one of the jury questions.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:38 AM

8,071 posts, read 5,406,610 times
It makes some sense that she shot him first. It could explain many things. She could have shot him at a distance(therefore he couldn't avoid or fight back) and she might not have shot again because maybe she ran out of bullets or the loud sound of the gun scared her (she could be heard by the neighbors) That could explain why part of the murder took place outside the bathroom. She probably shot him in the shower and went back to the room to get the knife. In the meantime Travis who was seriously hurt was trying to get out. Like everything it seems there is some truth hidden between the millions of lies Jodi says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime