U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-10-2013, 08:00 AM
 
12,264 posts, read 18,393,933 times
Reputation: 19082

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cra2ybeautiful View Post
She must have been abused by someone either ex boyfriends, family, other people for her to have lost sanity over a man. I know a couple of girls who went crazy and obsessive over a man for the same reasons jodi did that they made it mostly about sex and passion and control on both ends but in the end they lead them on with promises of love, future, fidelity but left them with a loss of sanity after these contradicted what they said. I don't think these psychological things just happen there has to be a cause for someone to lose reason and act out in rage."
HAHAHA, I will make it a point to not run around with your crowd. I don't think it is exactly common, or an excuse, to slice someone's throat to the point of decapitation, shot someone, and stab them multiple times because of "lost sanity over a man"...but that's just me.

 
Old 06-10-2013, 11:18 AM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,879,978 times
Reputation: 17982
Quote:
Originally Posted by cra2ybeautiful View Post
Exactly, act out meaning what caused her to murder this one man. She wasn't even with him as long as she was with her ex fiancee. Yep, she is a convicted criminal and guilty. Like I said, both victims of each other. However, question is what caused her to act out this way to this one man?

If she is psycho as you all say then wouldn't life in a mental ward be more adequate than execution?



I think this is the reason why the jury quit and couldn't come to a conclusion about how to penalize her.
I've heard the BPD diagnosis thrown around, it isn't confirmed Arias is a psychopath.

The question of attorneys pleading insanity was posed a few weeks back in one her network interviews. Her response, she didn't know why it wasn't used as defense? I think she knows, but guarded with the answer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
HAHAHA, I will make it a point to not run around with your crowd. I don't think it is exactly common, or an excuse, to slice someone's throat to the point of decapitation, shot someone, and stab them multiple times because of "lost sanity over a man"...but that's just me.
Of death related DV cases brutal attacks wouldn't be uncommon.
 
Old 06-11-2013, 08:25 PM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
17,628 posts, read 11,162,634 times
Reputation: 37671
There is a difference between being crazy and being legally insane. No question JA is a nut case, she is about as loony as the cocoa puffs bird. BUT she is NOT legally insane. To be legally insane the person would have not understood the thing they did was wrong. JA KNEW it was wrong and went to great lengths to cover it up. The way she lied and pretended she was nowhere near the scene shows she DID know it was a crime and that if she got caught it would not be good for her. Her craziness is also mixed with a very cleaver manipulator who thinks she is smarter than anyone else in the room.

There is no doubt in my mind JA is about as crazy as anyone I have seen, but they had no defense based on insanity because of the reasons I mentioned above. The are just Monday morning quarterbacking at this stage and grasping at any straws they can.

Don
 
Old 06-12-2013, 04:01 AM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,879,978 times
Reputation: 17982
Clearly the insanity defense wasn't used for the reasons mentioned. Arias knows why, we know why and so did the interviewer.

An attempt on his part to see how much she'd reveal.
 
Old 06-12-2013, 01:50 PM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,016,840 times
Reputation: 1466
Not that it matters, but the correct term for Jodi would be a Sociopath, vs. a Psychopath.

While both these disorders are the result of an interaction between genetic predispositions and environmental factors, psychopathy leans towards the hereditary whereas sociopathy tends towards the environmental.

Sociopaths are masters at influence and deception, have very controlled behavior, very little of what they say actually checks out in terms of facts or reality, but they're extremely skillful at making the things they say sound believable, even if they're just making them up out of thin air.
Sociopaths are masters are presenting themselves as someone with high morals and philosophy.

Sociopaths are charming and often appear to be sexy or have a strong sexual attraction..

Sociopaths are master wordsmiths, expert storytellers, even poetic at times. Note
in the 48 hour interview.
Sociopath have a tendency to participate in schemes, and for premeditated crimes.

Psychopaths, in contrast, are also characterized by complete anti-social behavior and more
erratic, they have the tendency for impulsive or opportunistic criminal behavior, excessive risk taking, impulsive or opportunistic violence.

Psychopaths are unable to maintain normal relationships at all, vs. sociopaths who tendency to appear superficially normal in social relationships, and often are social predators.

Like I said, not that it matters, but it is interesting.

Last edited by trinity1111; 06-12-2013 at 02:00 PM..
 
Old 06-12-2013, 07:43 PM
 
25,877 posts, read 39,135,773 times
Reputation: 13869
Isn't it just very simple...any person killing someone is a nutcase and some kind of mental sick person....but insane is not knowing right from wrong....that is something different!

Jodi Arias is very street smart and very well aware of what is right and what is wrong!
 
Old 06-12-2013, 07:56 PM
 
Location: Out there somewhere...a traveling man.
39,528 posts, read 47,687,050 times
Reputation: 110326
Prosecutors will still seek death penalty for Arias.

Prosecutors still seek death penalty for Arias
 
Old 06-12-2013, 10:58 PM
 
Location: DC/NYC
332 posts, read 732,779 times
Reputation: 247
You can actually be clinically insane and not be declared innocent for reason of insanity by the courts. Nutcase and crazy aren't clinically precise terms. The psychologist said Jodi had Borderline personality disorder among other issues most notably being a sociopath but a person can still be declared guilty of murder despite being clinically insane. Travis knew she was a sociopath as he said during one of their sexts “You couldn’t get off your lazy butt to read it could you. (sic) That’s the sociopath I know so well. It freakin’ figures.” A later text from Arias’ lover read: “I don’t want your apology, I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me.” based on this I think Travis had mental issues of his own based on his relationship with his mother and women he dated since he kept seeing, sleeping, and encouraging this woman to be close to him despite knowing how dangerous she was and her mental issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
There is a difference between being crazy and being legally insane. No question JA is a nut case, she is about as loony as the cocoa puffs bird. BUT she is NOT legally insane. To be legally insane the person would have not understood the thing they did was wrong. JA KNEW it was wrong and went to great lengths to cover it up. The way she lied and pretended she was nowhere near the scene shows she DID know it was a crime and that if she got caught it would not be good for her. Her craziness is also mixed with a very cleaver manipulator who thinks she is smarter than anyone else in the room.

There is no doubt in my mind JA is about as crazy as anyone I have seen, but they had no defense based on insanity because of the reasons I mentioned above. The are just Monday morning quarterbacking at this stage and grasping at any straws they can.

Don
 
Old 06-13-2013, 04:56 AM
 
25,877 posts, read 39,135,773 times
Reputation: 13869
I saw one of the jurors who stated he voted for life...his explanation didn't make sense....

We just need jurors who are committed to keep common sense. If you vote to say she is guilty and there are aggrevated circumstances than you can't get away from death.

This slaughtering was so brutal so what has that to do with her being young and not having a criminal background...she had a criminal background like many others but nobody turned her over and her family as well as the victim didn't want to go after her in criminal court.

Breaking in through the dog door, stalking, slashing tires, stealing the gun from the grand parents, etc...lying under oath (ok that was later) and lying to police officers for years as well as her own lawyers and other medical and other officials...(also later) how is all this not a criminal background!!!!

On top of that, the brutal way of Jodi sending flowers to the victims grand mother and acting how sorry see was and horrible she felt and meanwhile kissing another guy and being the admitted killer!

Wow, where is that jurors common sense?
 
Old 06-13-2013, 06:35 AM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,879,978 times
Reputation: 17982
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I saw one of the jurors who stated he voted for life...his explanation didn't make sense....

We just need jurors who are committed to keep common sense. If you vote to say she is guilty and there are aggrevated circumstances than you can't get away from death.

This slaughtering was so brutal so what has that to do with her being young and not having a criminal background...she had a criminal background like many others but nobody turned her over and her family as well as the victim didn't want to go after her in criminal court.

Breaking in through the dog door, stalking, slashing tires, stealing the gun from the grand parents, etc...lying under oath (ok that was later) and lying to police officers for years as well as her own lawyers and other medical and other officials...(also later) how is all this not a criminal background!!!!

On top of that, the brutal way of Jodi sending flowers to the victims grand mother and acting how sorry see was and horrible she felt and meanwhile kissing another guy and being the admitted killer!
A question in my mind... did she break in the night she went to his house?

Criminal Court may have saved his life. Court would order a mental evaluation for Arias and the help she needed. Stopping the sexual encounters, phone sex and any contact with Arias. No turning back.

Its all part of her obsession with Travis, many times leading to escalated stalking and sometimes includes family members. They have no boundaries. A recent example would be the picture she drew in the likeness of his sister.

While I'll still maintain there was abuse on both their parts. Travis is an intimate partner death statistic. Only the mentally impaired could stand in front of a jury promoting survivor tee shirts like she's the victim. Most see her actions as manipulation, I see it as part of her illness.

Its no surprise that DV related organizations want no association with Arias and the public, who may have been willing to recognize the verbal and mental abuse on the part of Travis turned a deaf ear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top