U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2013, 01:37 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,302,997 times

Advertisements

Arias in jailhouse garb, handcuffs, arm and leg chains, no school marm glasses in court today. Jury members that attended the hearing had never seen her dressed like this during the trial. One of the jury alternates said Arias saw them and stared them down.

Last edited by CarolinaWoman; 06-20-2013 at 02:10 PM..

Old 06-20-2013, 02:24 PM

8,071 posts, read 5,394,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Arias in jailhouse garb, handcuffs, arm and leg chains, no school marm glasses in court today. Jury members that attended the hearing had never seen her dressed like this during the trial. One of the jury alternates said Arias saw them and stared them down.
These people are so emotionally invested that I wouldn't pay much attention to the interpretation of a stare.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:59 PM

363 posts, read 586,165 times
Most racist people now a day have subconcious racist views. It is not I hate all mexicans type racism. It is I think Mexicans are more likely to commit crime type racism.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:59 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,758,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramouchebluez View Post
So we should give jodi death for not having witnesses to her abuse? I never agreed with the battered woman syndrome to begin with, its another legal abuse. Men don't get kill to kill their wives for emotionally abusing them and berating them, when is there going to be a fat wife-nagged man syndrome?

I don't think white people should be on death row for being white. I think the standard should be applied uniformly. Stab someone to death get x years in prison, everyone has excuses the fact of the matter is white folks are more calculating about their crimes. What susan wright had her friend say that her husband was a very bad bad bad boogie man who got what was coming to him is just lies. That is entirely cultural, I know how it goes, certain race and gender friends will tell any lie they can depending on how they feel. Jodi had no friends to lie for her and most minorities don't think up big elaborate plans on how to get away with a crime. I watch first 48, a black guy will just shoot a black guy and only try to get away after he does it, doesn't even try to make it look like an accident or bury the body or anything like a white guy would.
Nooo...we should give Jodi death if the jurors see fit to give it to her. I said she is eligible under AZ law because of the nature of her crime. The jury convicted her of first degree murder with an aggravating factor - cruelty. Therefore the only possible sentences are death, life w/o parole or life w/possibility of release after 25 years. Four of the jurors thought there were mitigating factors that outweighed the cruelty of the crime so they were not comfortable giving her death, including the foreman who was brazen enough to go on several tv shows and admit he believed her BS stories. For him, the "abuse" was a mitigating factor.

I don't think race should matter and I don't think it has mattered at all in this case, but you were the one that brought it up. Hispanic detectives worked on her case, the prosecutor is Hispanic (born in Mexico). 1/3 of the population of AZ has some Hispanic background. She's not being treated any better or worse than any other criminal here.

Incidentally, a Phoenix serial killer on Death Row died yesterday, most likely suicide (there was another one just a few weeks ago). He had been begging the court to waive all his appeals and hurry up and kill him. I don't suppose Jodi will do the same even though she said for years she would beg for the death penalty...she's too narcissistic, she'll probably live forever like a cockroach.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:08 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,302,997 times
Arias wouldn't know which jurors voted for the death penalty and that was the ones present this morning. I can understand the jurors after devoting so many months of their life to this trial and they couldn't speak about it until now.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:14 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,891,390 times
Quote:
Most racist people now a day have subconcious racist views. It is not I hate all mexicans type racism. It is I think Mexicans are more likely to commit crime type racism.
I understand your concerns. Theres no racism in the Arias case, she admitted to and convicted of the murder.
So whats left... a new jury on the DP.

IMO...They'll be another hung jury, judge will give her life w/out parole based on the crime, not racial prejudice.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:39 PM

363 posts, read 586,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Nooo...we should give Jodi death if the jurors see fit to give it to her. I said she is eligible under AZ law because of the nature of her crime. The jury convicted her of first degree murder with an aggravating factor - cruelty. Therefore the only possible sentences are death, life w/o parole or life w/possibility of release after 25 years. Four of the jurors thought there were mitigating factors that outweighed the cruelty of the crime so they were not comfortable giving her death, including the foreman who was brazen enough to go on several tv shows and admit he believed her BS stories. For him, the "abuse" was a mitigating factor.

I don't think race should matter and I don't think it has mattered at all in this case, but you were the one that brought it up. Hispanic detectives worked on her case, the prosecutor is Hispanic (born in Mexico). 1/3 of the population of AZ has some Hispanic background. She's not being treated any better or worse than any other criminal here.

Incidentally, a Phoenix serial killer on Death Row died yesterday, most likely suicide (there was another one just a few weeks ago). He had been begging the court to waive all his appeals and hurry up and kill him. I don't suppose Jodi will do the same even though she said for years she would beg for the death penalty...she's too narcissistic, she'll probably live forever like a cockroach.
Jurors can be racist. It is a well known tactic to use people of a similar race to carry out racist acts to cover up tracts. Ie. a white police chief will order a hispanic officer subordinate to carry out racist orders to protect himself from claims of racism.

Race shouldn't matter but clearly it is. White woman kills 5 kids and gets parole, white women stabs husband 197 time out in 10 years on parole, Jodi, a mexican, stabs a white man 30 times and shoots him once, majority of jurors vote death penalty. I am not there to prove the racism in people's mind but the unfairness and the grossly divergent outcome for like cases cannot be ignored. I cannot find any white woman on death row for stabbing her husband to death. When they claim battered spouse they get a slap on the wrist, but when the are mexican its death penalty vs LWOP.

It is clear every flexibility is extended to white women, with the harshest punishment reserved for veterans of any race followed by black and mexican men then white men and so on and so forth.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:50 PM

2,681 posts, read 6,265,792 times
Default oops...

Quote:
Zimmerman thread is one down...

Old 06-20-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Jurors can be racist. It is a well known tactic to use people of a similar race to carry out racist acts to cover up tracts. Ie. a white police chief will order a hispanic officer subordinate to carry out racist orders to protect himself from claims of racism.

Race shouldn't matter but clearly it is. White woman kills 5 kids and gets parole, white women stabs husband 197 time out in 10 years on parole, Jodi, a mexican, stabs a white man 30 times and shoots him once, majority of jurors vote death penalty. I am not there to prove the racism in people's mind but the unfairness and the grossly divergent outcome for like cases cannot be ignored.

I cannot find any white woman on death row for stabbing her husband to death.

It is clear every flexibility is extended to white women, with the harshest punishment reserved for veterans of any race followed by black and mexican men then white men and so on and so forth.
Well... there are 4 in the US on death row for killing husbands or boyfriends, two are white.

There hasn't been a female execution in AZ since 1930 or 35.

cnn.com/2013/05/15/us/gallery/female-death-row-inmates

Last edited by virgode; 06-20-2013 at 06:46 PM..

Old 06-20-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Well... there are 4 in the US on death row for killing husbands or boyfriends, two are white.

There hasn't been a female execution in AZ since 1930 or 35.

cnn.com/2013/05/15/us/gallery/female-death-row-inmates
Correction: 12... 14 including the 2 spousal murder for hire

10 are white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime