U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 02:54 PM

8,071 posts, read 5,399,708 times

Advertisements

I bet Gibb is posting here

Old 07-02-2013, 02:56 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,018,584 times
Maybe it's a remake of "Tragedy"? or more like "Staying Alive"....lol

Old 07-02-2013, 03:34 PM

890 posts, read 1,533,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Barry Gibb ... surviving member of the Bee Gees is writing new music about the Jodi Arias trial. Arias is gonna love this. The singer says he is writing a song about the case.

Bee Gee Barry Gibb: I'm writing music about the Jodi Arias trial - Telegraph
Working title is Staying Alive II

Old 07-02-2013, 07:38 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,308,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd View Post
Working title is Staying Alive II

Feel the city breaking and everybody shaking,
and I'm staying alive, staying alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha, staying alive, staying alive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, staying alive!!

Life going nowhere. Somebody help me
Somebody help me, sell my T-shirts yeah.
Life going nowhere. Somebody help me, yeah
I'm staying alive.

With Nurmi's recent motion to "Vacate Aggravation Phase Verdict" ... that will move the 'death penalty' off the table and Nurmi/Willmott/Arias are hoping for 25 years less time served. I just hope Judge Stephens rules against the motion. The jury made that decision and the Judge shouldn't throw it out.

Of course Arias' story would be better in a country song (old country) ... Merle Haggard ... Sing Me Back Home Before I Die .... Mama Tried .... Travis Tritt ... Here's A Quarter Call Someone Who Cares ...

Old 07-02-2013, 10:40 PM

The Status Conference and Motion to Continue the Arias trial has been changed from 7/18/2013 to 7/16/2013 at 8:30 AM Arizona Time. I assume Judge Stephens has reached her decision.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...3/m5836837.pdf

Old 07-03-2013, 12:28 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,018,584 times
Thanks for update...

Old 07-09-2013, 06:49 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,194,230 times
It just dawned on me today that I haven't heard a peep about JA for a while now. Been very pleasant. But I have broken my promise not to get involved with the Zimmerman trial, I have started to watch it and it does have some interesting aspects to it. The medical expert the defense put on today was very convincing and watchable. The ME from Florida was just very strange and inept.

Don

Old 07-10-2013, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
It just dawned on me today that I haven't heard a peep about JA for a while now. Been very pleasant. But I have broken my promise not to get involved with the Zimmerman trial, I have started to watch it and it does have some interesting aspects to it. The medical expert the defense put on today was very convincing and watchable. The ME from Florida was just very strange and inept.

Don

The Medical Examiner today was a good witness for the defense. The ME that testified for the prosecution what got me was ... did you scrape his fingernails ... reply; not my job ... did you clip his fingernails ... reply; not my job. In addition it seems he was in a hurry with the Martin autopsy as he had another autopsy waiting or so he said.

If you watched the Casey Anthony trial, the ME Dr. Jan Garavaglia was an excellent witness. Following this Zimmerman trial, today the prosecution is going to complete the case tomorrow. We will be going into closing arguments and it will probably go to the jury this week.

I just don't think they will find Zimmerman guilty, when the judge reads the instructions to the jury and they hear 'without reasonable doubt' I think Zimmerman's lawyers have presented reasonable doubt. But who knows what a jury will decide. I bet they will deliberate immediately and try to get out of another weekend in the hotel rooms.

This Judge is so different from Judge Stephens. All the brouhaha regarding the re-enactment video and the jury was sitting outside 45 minutes, the judge didn't like that at all. She stopped it and brought the jury in, Judge Stephens would let the Arias jury sit for longer periods of time. Of course they did keep bankers hours at the Arias trial.

Someone is still posting Twitters for Arias.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:07 AM

17,628 posts, read 11,194,230 times
I'm kinda thinking George will get off too. He made a stupid mistake by not backing off when the 911 operator told him "We don't need you to follow him, Sir." He should have not played cop. But I think the bruises to his head and face show that he was being beaten and the Martin boy was not a small little kid, he was pretty big and strong.

The one thing I fear will happen if he is acquitted is that we will see civil unrest from the black community in that area.
Don

Last edited by don1945; 07-10-2013 at 07:52 AM..

Old 07-11-2013, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I'm kinda thinking George will get off too. He made a stupid mistake by not backing off when the 911 operator told him "We don't need you to follow him, Sir." He should have not played cop. But I think the bruises to his head and face show that he was being beaten and the Martin boy was not a small little kid, he was pretty big and strong.

The one thing I fear will happen if he is acquitted is that we will see civil unrest from the black community in that area.
Don
It could go both ways ... a riot if not guilty and a celebration that turns violent if found guilty. So many "stand your ground" people support Zimmerman too.

Arias posted on her Twitter, she is not accepting money for her appeals. Also she asked people not to send her pictures as she is not allowed to receive them. No post since July 3. I guess guys are sending her pictures with their marriage proposals.

Juan has filed a motion to deny Nurmi's motion to vacate the Aggravation Phase of the trial. If the Judge vacates the Aggravation Phase that throws the death penalty off the table. The jury did find her guilty in the Aggravation Phase!

Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime