U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2013, 07:47 PM

1,730 posts, read 4,444,621 times

Advertisements

[quote=trinity1111;28496747]The Mormon Church is obviously doing damage control. They don't want the media watching public to focus in on the fact that Travis was a Pedophile . Many pedophiles acquire access to children thru their church. Pedophiles digress from fantasizing to eventually acting out their compulsions.
I'm sure they don't want Jodi to get out of prison and write a book on what she knows about the Mormon Elders or even what she thinks about them.
Travis was seeking counseling from a Bishop. Apparently, that didn't help him much.[

You are so correct when you state that many pedophiles acquire access to children through their church. And a lot has to do because many parents are so trustful and naive with church figures, when it comes to their children, so it makes it much easier for them.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:56 PM

12,764 posts, read 7,841,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
As for premeditation, a lot of it does sound premeditated. But she sure didn't plan the clean up very well. Her bloody palm print on the wall. She left the camera that proved she was there. She's not a stupid woman, and in her right mind she would have known those 2 things alone pinned the crime on her. That doesn't sound like she planned how to get away with it at all.
You are right. Many killers such as she only think about what they want to accomplish, and not so much about the aftermath. She says she took the rope and threw it away; in my opinion, there was no rope, which is why it wasn't there. Why take the rope and not the camera and the shell casing?

People who are psychos may appear intelligent, but in the end they are not clear thinkers. They have a goal and don't typically think of what may happen afterward.

They think they can depend on their ability to lie, and sometimes they get away with it, but they cannot get away with it forever.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:18 AM

39,591 posts, read 47,849,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
How do you know what is happening behind closed doors?
How do you know they are influencing, you don't. It's would be impossible for the Church to be involved, if it was a mis-trial would be declared.
And it has not been proven that travis was a pediofile. He's not here to defend himself. It's all innuendo by Jodi's inane statements. She'll say anything to skew the juries thinking during this trial. She's a premeditated sociopath murderess.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:13 AM

1,817 posts, read 2,761,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
You are right. Many killers such as she only think about what they want to accomplish, and not so much about the aftermath. She says she took the rope and threw it away; in my opinion, there was no rope, which is why it wasn't there. Why take the rope and not the camera and the shell casing?

People who are psychos may appear intelligent, but in the end they are not clear thinkers. They have a goal and don't typically think of what may happen afterward.

They think they can depend on their ability to lie, and sometimes they get away with it, but they cannot get away with it forever.
She tried to delete all of the incriminating photos from the camera, but the forensics team was able to recover them. I'm not sure if she purposely put the camera in the washer to try to destroy it altogether or if she put it in there mistakenly with the sheets and couldn't find it to dispose of it when she left.

I think the fairly shoddy cleanup job is simply because she was an amateur. She might have been panicking thinking the roommates would come home, just wanting to get out as fast as possible, so she missed the shell casing and handprint. Eventually all roads would have led back to Jodi no matter what but her ineptitude certainly made the job easier for the investigators.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:43 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,316,290 times
[quote=RUBIES77;28509420]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
The Mormon Church is obviously doing damage control. They don't want the media watching public to focus in on the fact that Travis was a Pedophile . Many pedophiles acquire access to children thru their church. Pedophiles digress from fantasizing to eventually acting out their compulsions.
I'm sure they don't want Jodi to get out of prison and write a book on what she knows about the Mormon Elders or even what she thinks about them.
Travis was seeking counseling from a Bishop. Apparently, that didn't help him much.

You are so correct when you state that many pedophiles acquire access to children through their church. And a lot has to do because many parents are so trustful and naive with church figures, when it comes to their children, so it makes it much easier for them.

Do you know for a fact and with no doubt whatsoever that Travis Alexander was a pedophile?

Jodi Arias has done nothing but lie on the stand and even on the TV show 48 Hours with millions of people watching ... she lied to law enforcement, she has lied on the stand. I think the Mormons would be more concerned with all the lies that she spreading. There is no evidence anywhere that Travis Alexander was a pedophile. Travis is dead he cannot defend himself, he is the victim and he is being smeared by Jodi Arias. Has the Bishop been located that was counseling him, I am sure that would be a guarded secret if it was true. But I just believe this is more of all the lies Jodi has spewed.

He used her and perhaps abused her, but there is no police reports and no medical records of injuries. She is sitting there with the poor pitiful me defense but everything we have witnessed she was an active participate to the sexual encounters, even going so far as initiating some of the encounters and she introduced him to KY Jelly.

The day of the murder was well planned ... gasoline in the cans ... no record of her being in Arizona but she made the trip there for a purpose. They chatted, had sex, took pictures and she even had to convinced him to allow her to take the pictures in the shower.

He may have been all of those things but the only person telling the court this is Jodi Arias and she is fighting for her life .... after all .... "No Jury Will Ever Convict Me ...because I am innocent."

Old 03-04-2013, 02:54 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,020,050 times
Well, the jury is hearing Travis's own words and a teletype of them showing Sexual deviant behavior right now in the court room on the re-rebuttal, no pun intended.

According to HNL, the audio tape of Travis's own voice is extremely detrimental to Travis's character and claim of being a virgin, even going so far to say that he sounds like a pervert.

Last edited by trinity1111; 03-04-2013 at 04:11 PM..

Old 03-04-2013, 03:25 PM

31,438 posts, read 19,671,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It is just that it takes so little effort to pull the trigger more than once if the gun was a semi-automatic. That many stab woulds sounds like a crime of passion. It is hard for me to think that she would have stopped with only one trigger pull (dead or alive).

Is there any testimony on how long the knife blade was that stabbed Travis? It could have been a pocket knife that Travis used to cut the ropes and a butcher knife that was used for the crime? Just curious?

Maybe the gun that she took from her grandparents house was not fully loaded.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:28 PM

31,438 posts, read 19,671,437 times
Quote:
Well, if you're going with the vantage that Jodi is a psychopathic, cold blooded killer who planned/pre-meditated the murder, and quietly at that!! .............then you have to admit she had BALLS to take on an enraged 185 lb. man who lifted weights and trained in wrestling, all with a .25 and measly kitchen knife.

And one shot was ok, noise-wise??
Personally, to eliminate the risk of the situation de-evolving into hand to hand combat, for my one shot, I would have used a 00 buck shot 12 gauge. In and out, no dragging bodies around, no chance of getting tackled.
Obviously, the neighbors or roommates paid no attention to the shenanigans going on in that house anyway, or paid any attention to the puppy, at that.
Jodi attacked Travis while he was trapped, naked, and wet in the shower. Pretty hard to get traction on a ceramic tile floor if one is wet and naked.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:05 PM

12,172 posts, read 15,473,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Jodi attacked Travis while he was trapped, naked, and wet in the shower. Pretty hard to get traction on a ceramic tile floor if one is wet and naked.
Judging by the photos, it seems the struggle also took place in the hallway being there is blood on the wall and floor. So did she go after him in the shower, take the battle out to the hallway and then drag him back into the shower? She put the bedroom sheets in the washing machine, were they also fighting in the bedroom?

Old 03-04-2013, 05:42 PM

13,847 posts, read 14,683,529 times
Quote:
Well, the jury is hearing Travis's own words and a teletype of them showing Sexual deviant behavior right now in the court room on the re-rebuttal, no pun intended.

According to HNL, the audio tape of Travis's own voice is extremely detrimental to Travis's character and claim of being a virgin, even going so far to say that he sounds like a pervert.
doesn't matter how sexually adventurous travis was on the phone or in person, that does not make one fear for your life, nor justify her actions in any way. they were both ratcheting up their sex talk, they had at that point a sexual relationship only. she said as much on the stand, only doing things to please him. no she was in it as much as he was, her feelings were involved way more than travis as love and respect were not shown to jody much.

they were both consenting adults in a lop sided relationship that doesn't make what she did self defense, it makes it murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime