U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-12-2013, 09:28 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,928,670 times
Reputation: 17987

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
What precious little I know about this case, I agree with you.

He should have broken it off with her once and been done with it. He kept going back to her, teasing her, taunting her, seeing other women.

Emotional abuse is as serious as physical abuse.
Well... we agree on something Dale!

Travis was well aware she wanted more than he could comfortably offer relationship wise. In her mental state it's like poking the lion.

 
Old 07-12-2013, 11:17 PM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,019,765 times
Reputation: 1466
I'm not a big Rush Limbaugh fan, but he was covering how the Arias and Zimmerman trials are, from his attorney's perspective, "Trials by Media", and therefore both had incurred trumped up charges... interesting parallel.
 
Old 07-13-2013, 12:38 PM
 
9,917 posts, read 9,314,928 times
Reputation: 8058
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I'm speechless! Juan Martinez is an example for many prosecutors!
I have a tremendous respect for the man and what he has done not only for the Alexander family but also for the families of other victims!

You should be ashamed for saying this all about a person who got justice for a murderer who confessed of slicing someone's throat and who is a monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Oh, great, is someone posting regurgitated junk from one of those fraudulent websites again?

Juan Martinez is an absolutely incredible prosecutor with a stellar track record. Just watch a bit of any other trial and it's obvious that he's in a class of his own.
Juan Martinez is amazing. I would hate to commit a crime in Arizona and have him prosecute me. I would beg for a plea deal. Martinez doesn't miss one thing, he turns over every rock to see what's under it. When he started on the gas cans I told hubby he's going to send someone to Walmart in California and then he went as far as checking out the company that distributes the gasoline and brought them to court to testify.

If you have watched the Zimmerman trial closing arguments ... Zimmerman's attorney O'Mara had four minutes of silence in the courtroom and then tells the jury "thatís how long Trayvon Martin had to run.Ē

This was a good move by O'Mara but it didn't have the impact on me that Juan Martinez did when Juan had the courtroom sit silent for two minutes, as he told jurors to imagine the amount of time the attack took. The two minutes "must have seemed like more than two lifetimes," Martinez said. "Only death could relieve that pain. Only death could relieve that anguish. And that is especially cruel."
 
Old 07-13-2013, 12:51 PM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,019,765 times
Reputation: 1466
Another interesting parallel between the 2 trials is how BOTH coroners CHANGED their testimony from their original autopsy reports, then tailored their testimony to serve the prosecution.

Dr. Shiping Bao, the coroner in Trayvon Martins case, changed his opinion three weeks ago.

In addition, Bao’s testimony took an unexpected turn during cross examination when he told the court he can’t remember anything about the autopsy and was relying on his notes.
 
Old 07-13-2013, 06:09 PM
 
25,912 posts, read 39,216,922 times
Reputation: 13905
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Juan Martinez is amazing. I would hate to commit a crime in Arizona and have him prosecute me. I would beg for a plea deal. Martinez doesn't miss one thing, he turns over every rock to see what's under it. When he started on the gas cans I told hubby he's going to send someone to Walmart in California and then he went as far as checking out the company that distributes the gasoline and brought them to court to testify.

If you have watched the Zimmerman trial closing arguments ... Zimmerman's attorney O'Mara had four minutes of silence in the courtroom and then tells the jury "thatís how long Trayvon Martin had to run.Ē

This was a good move by O'Mara but it didn't have the impact on me that Juan Martinez did when Juan had the courtroom sit silent for two minutes, as he told jurors to imagine the amount of time the attack took. The two minutes "must have seemed like more than two lifetimes," Martinez said. "Only death could relieve that pain. Only death could relieve that anguish. And that is especially cruel."
Better commit no crime but if someone is stupid enough to do so than do it in Florida because this prosecution team is what you need....and a defense team like Zimmerman which may not be a guarantee of getting off but it will increase your chances.
 
Old 07-13-2013, 07:01 PM
 
9,917 posts, read 9,314,928 times
Reputation: 8058
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Better commit no crime but if someone is stupid enough to do so than do it in Florida because this prosecution team is what you need....and a defense team like Zimmerman which may not be a guarantee of getting off but it will increase your chances.

I still haven't gotten over the 'knock knock joke' ... I literally groaned with that opening line from Zimmerman's attorney.

Also ... available now ... hot off the press ... a new book "Killer Girlfriend" The Jodi Arias Story by Josh Hoffner and Brian Skoloff. A movie, a Bee Gee song and now a book.

Jodi Arias Trial Coverage Inspires New Book; She
 
Old 07-13-2013, 08:43 PM
 
1,817 posts, read 2,761,505 times
Reputation: 3527
That book looks really tasteless. A local author, Shanna Hogan, has her book Picture Perfect: The Jodi Arias Story coming out in September. But is there really anything we don't know about Jodi Arias by now, that we can learn from a hastily written and published book? LOL. I'll wait for Juan Martinez's memoir instead.
 
Old 07-15-2013, 04:21 PM
 
Location: Out there somewhere...a traveling man.
39,584 posts, read 47,836,774 times
Reputation: 110517
Jodi Arias update status hearing to be held Tuesday 07/16/2013.
Jodi Arias update: Status conference set for Tuesday
 
Old 07-15-2013, 04:41 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
14,433 posts, read 11,755,502 times
Reputation: 10823
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Another interesting parallel between the 2 trials is how BOTH coroners CHANGED their testimony from their original autopsy reports, then tailored their testimony to serve the prosecution.

Dr. Shiping Bao, the coroner in Trayvon Martins case, changed his opinion three weeks ago.

In addition, Baoís testimony took an unexpected turn during cross examination when he told the court he canít remember anything about the autopsy and was relying on his notes.
I had disagreed with the ME/prosecution in the Arias case. To this date I still believe that Travis was shot first and then stabbed. Taking into account Jodi's size and Travis's kickboxing training; it never made sense to me that he was stabbed first. There were two fatal stab wounds - but Travis could have still moved after either one. The bullet wound, on the other hand, would have been enough to impair anybody. Possibly his hands could have flailed - but he would have been impaired and not able to protect himself from Jodi's knife attack. If it was the other way around; I think Jodi would have suffered some physical damage.

As a hunter (not anymore) I once removed a heart from a deer with a high powered rifle and watched the animal run five hundred yards down a hill. Some animals will fall in their tracks - but some can still run until the brain runs out of oxygen.
 
Old 07-15-2013, 07:37 PM
 
1,143 posts, read 1,019,765 times
Reputation: 1466
Perhaps Juan structured the order of events to proclaim 'excessive cruelty', to help with obtaining the DP in the penalty phase? That would be the only reason I could think of. After all it was Juan who insisted she stole the gun, and pre meditated to shoot Travis, so why should she stab first if she brought the gun?
So many unanswered questions. Does anyone know if the books have any new details?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top